anyway, for what it's worth, siri seems to be following
    trendwise the fate of C and BAC the past 2 weeks,
    generally; they go up, siri goes up; they go down, siri
    goes down

Guru
    05-13-2009, 03:37 PM #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallep View Post
    Yep, and LOL at your sig "H1N1"
    yes siri this past year is like catching the flu, you so badly want the vomiting to stop.

05-13-2009, 04:00 PM #53
    And I'm out again I sold all my 10160 shares that I got 3 hours ago @ .3702 and sold them all @ .38 for a $99 profit. This recent college grad is a happy duck

Guru
    05-13-2009, 04:20 PM #54
    help me im bleeding
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <

Head Honcho
    05-13-2009, 05:54 PM #55
    For All....

I want to offer some clarity on a few issues:

1. Charles and I always use our names or the site name when posting articles, comments to articles, and in the forums.

2. Tyler savery is a pen name I use for writing. The use of a pen name was a decision of mine to protect my privacy. during the existance of Sirius and XM, there have been some crazy people out there. I thought it would be in my best interest to use a pen name, and stand by that decision. I did address the use of a pen name in the Stock Shock movie (whether it made the final cut I do not know). There are many out there who know my real name, and if you have ever received an email that was sent from my Blackberry, you are probably aware of this.

3. I do not actively trade this equity. Seeking Alpha has specific requirements for contributors that include not only disclosure of a position in an equity, but disclosure if I a contributor intends on trading. A contributor needs to disclose if they tarded the equity within three days of a piece. Seeking Alpha does not audit contributs. They rely on the honor of those contributors to follow their rules. I take those rules seriously. For the record, I sold most of my position before I began writing about satellite radio. My last trade in in these equities was pre-merger. I sold some Sirius to buy XM as an arbitrage play. I utilized a "silent period" when I made the trade. If Seeking Alpha were to request my trading records, I would have no issue at all supplying them and am confident that I have complied with their rules. Additionally, if I were actively trading the stock, there could be an insinuation or perception that I am writing with a certain slant to better position my trade. I would rather avoid those insiinuations and perceptions, and thus do not actively trade this equity.

4. I am not a financial advisor and make that quite clear. There are specific regulations and laws about what someone who is not a financial advisor can and can not do. I work within those regulations and laws. I will talk about certain actions, ranges, etyc, but am always crystal clear that I am not advising when doing this. Relying on a site disclaimer is not enough. Charles gives me a hard time about my disclaimers on the radio show, but I believe it is important that everyone understand that I am not a financial advisor.

5. When Charles and I made the decision to bring on additional people, one of the concerns we had was posting on message boards. There is always a potential that such posting could damage the credibility of the site. In the past I have participated in message board posting under the name Doberman007. I make it a point to avoid posting, but if I do, I employ certain standards on myself - A) I do not post links to my site. B) I stay topic specifc and if asked willingly disclose who I am. C) I avoid threads that link back to the site. That being said, I generally avoid posting on message boards. I used these standards to avoid damaging credibility. I can not say that all contributers here carried the same policies as I did. Upon the breakup, I researched deeper into mesaage board postings, and was not pleased. That being said, the SaveSirius website partially "exposed" this issue. I was not happy that SaveSirius did this, but there was nothing I could do. I am not proud that certain activities were happening with linkbacks, etc. I can assure you that neither Charles or I participate in such activities, and will monitor things more closely when we bring on new writers, moderators, etc.

6. Charles and I have an additional site called SlackerActive. Many know this, but just in case they didn't, you know now. I am a Slacker subscriber and fan.

I am running out of time because my flight is getting ready to board, so I will close with this. If a reader feels slighted by the activities that have transpired I apologize. It is my hope that my personal actions, and those of Charles maintained your trust. If that trust is damaged, we will work our hardest to earn it back. We will employ strict standards for ourselves, and those that become a part of the content this site produces.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

05-13-2009, 06:43 PM #56
    .34 by the end of the week. Nothing good about the market and nothing going to be good for a LONG time. Wish I could sell my dose of grit and get out with a profit or even get even. i phone deal is a month away. Will it make a difference? Man I hope something DOES

Enthusiast
    05-13-2009, 06:43 PM #57

This all seems like WAY too much thinking for me on SIRI.....

I'm not so sure why everyone is shocked, disturbed or anxious that SIRI is going lower?? Why on God's green earth wouldn't it??

The global economy is in the toilet, retail buyers are staying home, foreclosures are skyrocketing, jobs are scarce, banks aren't lending and car sales/BK's are making things even worse than we could have imagined.

Folks- JUST BUY THE STOCK, don't watch it every day, enjoy the other finer things in life and then check your SIRI shares again in June 2010.......THEN RETIRE!!!!

Now, I'm off to dinner with my lovely wife on this beautiful May evening and I could care less about where SIRI is trading at the moment, as I know we will benefit from our LONG stance in the years to come.

Cheers,
    -Whynot

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    05-13-2009, 07:07 PM #58
    Sirius XM Radio CEO Voluntarily Forfeits 30M Stk Options

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...13-716364.html

What is everyones take on this???

Whynot,

What is your price prediction for June 2010?
    Last edited by Hopeful; 05-13-2009 at 07:26 PM.

05-13-2009, 08:51 PM #59

Looking to pick a fight!

Where is my man TRip? Wow does he have to eat some sirius crow!

Where is underway also, you also get some humble pie right in the face.

If anyone want to read some real funny stuff go to 5-7-09...trip and I had a nice dispute going on. After reading my posts, I am not sure if I didn't have a crystal ball!
    All from 5-7-09
    Auto market is very sobering....no shit. Retail channel is nonexistent. Lost subs, could lose more subs due to Chrysler..really? Products are too expensive. Are we at a dollar yet, didn't think so. My call we go negative by days end. Good luck all and believe it or not we I have to go to work, damn.

Next by in for me .38ish.........Told you Trip you bag of dicks..I added this just now!

Down 15% LOL.....who understands the markets me DICKFACE!

My advise Tabor...is to wait. We hit .62 and back to .45ish. The MM gave us 17% one day and 8% the next, they can easily take all of that back by the afternoon. I would buy in low .4 high 3s.

Hey folks...don't get it twisted...this was the most important CC for siri yet...it was a chance to break out and trade like a normal company...the swings in price and volume tell me MMs and shorts are still in control. I like the high volume(not shocked), but unless we bust through .7 or higher we are still being controlled. I am pissed this trade has not turned into and investment...believe it or not I am LONG SIRI...but this control gives you the confidence the price will always come back down....hence selling is not bad.

Can we get a RELMOR report, anyone, bueller?

Here is my play for today and it involves real money...the kind you can spend at the arcade with TRIP. I unloaded 10k yesterday at .52 and I would gladly unload 15k more up 5-10% today. I am putting in a limit order around .56ish. I purchased those shares on the 29th of April for .39 average. Nice move in the short term and I can now go play skeeball with TRIP.

Trip Trip Trip....back to .42 unbelievable...huh? Man you need to leave the computer or something your head is not clear.

I understand your grief your losing boat loads of money...whether it be real or fake or skeeball tokens...they continue to take your money and your OK with it. Weird strategy. Good luck today god knows the koolaid drinkers on here need it.

Anyone buying? Wait for the high 30s like I said before, we'll get there before we hit TRIPs .75-.8 mark...thats for sure. Don't trade today....let the smoke clear..let the shorts do their thing...wait for the entire market to cool off...its coming..trust me.

Oh yeah and by the way TRIP is 10c in a second VICIOUS enough for you. Clown. Go outside! Or at least shut up...especially if you have nothing to add and your not selling until the unicorn shows up. Later.

I will rub the crystal ball, hoping for a gain in the near future, but the outcome is unclear!
    Last edited by Big Ben; 05-13-2009 at 08:54 PM.

Enthusiast
    05-13-2009, 08:55 PM #60

My guestimate for June 2010 is.....

Hey Hopeful,

I'm just taking a stab here, but I bet we see $3.00 by June 2010.

Why- Global turnaround in the market by Q1 2010, OEM's rocking by then, 25 million subs, iphone going strong, bundled package with Direct and net profit estimated for year end 2010 of $750 million (due to cost synergies and the above mentioned developments).

As mentioned, the above is just a guess.....but here's how a few of my "guesses" have turned out in the last 6 months:

BCS- Bought at $3 and just sold at $16
    AIB- Bought at $1 and currently at $2.45
    YGE- Bought at $4 and currently at $8
    GE- Bought at $7.00 and currently at $13
    DFT- Bought at $2 and sold at $9.00
    CSE- Bought at $1.80 and currently at $3.45

YTD portfolio- +134%

Common link- All great companies, all undervalued, unique or industry leading services AND......I have worked with them all, used their products/services and done my homework.

Mostly I'm just lucky and stubborn......so I'll stay stubborn on $3 in June 2010!!!!!!

I hope no one proves me wrong!!

Cheers,
    -Whynot

Page 6 of 11 ... 45678 ...