Page 1 of 9 123 ...
    Mentor
    05-12-2009, 08:47 AM #1

SIRI INTRADAY THREAD: TUESDAY MAY 12th 2009

Good Morning everyone and welcome to SiriusXM Heck..
    Just a few observations:anyone aquiring 5% of common stock has 10 days to file with the SEC.
    Just noticed that Jennison Associates is currently the highest holder of common at 4.9%,but adjusted for convert of Liberty 40% gives you 6.2bil shares with 310 mil shares being the trigger point for poison pill.
    Jennison asociates has 170 mil now.
    There is no FCC rule to prevent SATRAD or DTV from being merged.
    The Vanguard Group has made a significant purchase of 32 mil shares last Quarter along with Vanguard total stock market index fund.
    This is good news as institutions are buying in and we won't know for a while If anyone else is as the reports are always 3 months late.

So Happy trading today and Longs be strong..

Addict
    05-12-2009, 09:24 AM #2
    Good morning All!

If and when anyone gets a feeling on what todays swings might be your thought would be appreicated....Im trying to work up to a full position with no additional money out of pocket....Thanks in advance and good luck on todays activities and all your trades...Tony

Mentor
    05-12-2009, 09:48 AM #3
    So far on Level 2 it looks exactly like yesterday,more sell orders 6000 to buy orders 3500.sells at .41 and higher in penny increments and buys at .40 and below with 2mil at .39...have no idea right now...

Addict
    05-12-2009, 09:57 AM #4
    Thanks Johnny...Feels like it just me and you today....lets see if we could work this thing...Thanks Tony

Mentor
    05-12-2009, 10:03 AM #5
    Yes,it's like that everywhere,ghost towns...
    Right now it is the smart buyers against the stubborn Longs..just not enough shares for sale to take it lower at this point..1.8 Mil from yesterday trying to still buy in at .40 and 2 mil at .39..they are going to have to take it higher at least .43 to get em filled...

Addict
    05-12-2009, 10:16 AM #6
    Thanks Johnny..macd shows slightly trend up but almost tracking sideways...Im gonna try to see if i can dump a few at around .43 and watch for the take down and buy some back at eod... Im at 79011 shares and my goal and dream is to make a full position of 100k shares...Thanks Again

Guru
    05-12-2009, 10:51 AM #7

U.S. Clears the Way for Antitrust Crackdown

U.S. Clears the Way for Antitrust Crackdown
    Justice Dept. to Reverse Looser Policy of Bush Administration
    During the Bush administration, nearly every high-tech and telecommunications merger before the antitrust division at the Justice Department was approved, including last year's controversial union of the nation's two sole satellite radio service providers, Sirius and XM. After a lengthy battle with the Justice Department, the software giant Oracle won approval in 2005 for its merger with PeopleSoft. Also that year, AT&T and Verizon Communications snapped up dominant market shares after mergers with BellSouth and MCI, respectively.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...d=sec-business

05-12-2009, 11:00 AM #8
    Hi Johnny,

Could you give me a few quick answers to the below?

How do you think the SP could be affected by the following....

1- If/when GM files for bk

2- If it is announced that Howard Stern will not be re-signed

3- The actual launching of the I Phone app.

Do you see any of these 3 having a significant impact on the SP? Is there any other news I should be on the lookout for? or are you expecting it to be pretty quiet until the Q2 CC?

Thanks,

Tabor

Enthusiast
    05-12-2009, 11:07 AM #9

I'm posting less because.....

I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE SHARE COSTS RIGHT NOW!!!

I'm just buying, buying and buying more as this baby is going to pop at some point this year and I will have accumulated a TON by then. All the synergies will be in place soon: Iphone, Liberty, costs savings, OEM's up and better retail figures......this just simply can't go wrong and the worst is far behind us!!!

Let it stay at the .35-.45 range for a full quarter and by that time, I'll be lovin' life when it skyrockets towards Q4.

BE LONG AND STRONG!

Cheers,
    -Whynot

LONG-CSE, AIB, BCS, ETFC, ACAS.

Guru
    05-12-2009, 11:29 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Whynot View Post
    I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE SHARE COSTS RIGHT NOW!!!

I'm just buying, buying and buying more as this baby is going to pop at some point this year and I will have accumulated a TON by then. All the synergies will be in place soon: Iphone, Liberty, costs savings, OEM's up and better retail figures......this just simply can't go wrong and the worst is far behind us!!!

Let it stay at the .35-.45 range for a full quarter and by that time, I'll be lovin' life when it skyrockets towards Q4.

BE LONG AND STRONG!

Cheers,
    -Whynot

LONG-CSE, AIB, BCS, ETFC, ACAS.

I think you are correct. I would not be surprised if we go even lower when they show another subscriber loss for the 2nd quartrer. I would also get ready to buy at somewhere in the .3 to .35 range or sell some at .47 if it get that high. The fact is I believe this stock will not start to turn the corner until the 4th quarter also. This company is going to take some hits in the near term future but will come out with a vengeance. Boy it sometimes feels like God himself is trying to kill SIRIXM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ...