Page 3 of 8 12345 ...
    Mentor
    05-08-2009, 10:36 AM #21
    today looks like we will trade between high of .45 and low of .40 with close in between,i'll say .445...BOOOOOOORING!!!!!!

05-08-2009, 10:40 AM #22
    Hmmmm...Let me guess. Flat again today. Hate to rain on the optimistic, as I have this stock too,and yes,I have had it a long time,and yes I am loosing money, but it is really hard to like this stock.Mel.....Mel who??Public Relations? Advertisement? ..Come Monday it will go up 1 or 2 cents again.Hit 50 cents and back down again. .. I don't care what the sub. estimates came back at. We all knew they were going to be down AND they really were not down all THAT much.. 17 million subs,the only sat. radio service out there,supposed to be in every new car made,recommended by Warren Buffet to a 30 dollar price range, and they can't hold a 50 cent price?Bailed out by Liberty at the last minute,that had to have pumped some sort of life or energy back into it.Positive cash flow? Just a 2 cent comment.

Mentor
    05-08-2009, 10:47 AM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    And what I was thinking (about a large short position being liquidated) yesterday is backed up by the ONLY poster on the Yazoo boards, Streetinsider, here:
    http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Bu...67&mid=4249167

He knows more about this stuff than I ever will. It's good to see someone else thinks this.
    Yes some of his post have been linked here,but not saying anything new that hasn't been posted here or elsewhere,when the takedown from last august began it was the reverse of now..It would drop a little then alot and would spike up from cramer or whoever writing positive article to attract buyers then same pattern all the way to finally BK scare..

Smart investors are shorts and longs,they play both sides to hedge their plays and make money wether it goes up or down,with help from MM's which is perfectly legal..MM's are not the boogie man,they are the bookies of the stock market and just want trades to make money,they move the line like bookies to attract buyers and sellers...just know that the intention for smart right now is get in cheap because long term they will take it up...who cares how they do it,just monitor your investment for unforseen events and enjoy thec ride up...JMHO

05-08-2009, 10:56 AM #24
    Good advice there, Johnny.

As long as we are at .2701 or higher, I am in the green.

Addict
    05-08-2009, 11:01 AM #25

good article to explain market yesterday

From WSJ today. SIRI not alone.....apparently, small caps all took hits....I think a few on this board were fearful of the 'bank stress test' crap negatively influencing the market, and this writer for WSJ agrees. The mention of SIRI is at the very end.

"A decline for small-caps reflected a flood of traders bracing for the upcoming reports on banks' stress tests and consumers' employment.

For stocks large and small, the day's trading revolved around economic sentiment. Economically sensitive sectors like materials, consumer discretionary and industrials fell, while defensive areas such as health care and utilities rose.

The bank stress-test results were partly to blame as few investors wanted to be heavily exposed to the market with such a highly watched report on tap, but consumer stocks also were hurt by concern over a nonfarms payroll report on tap for Friday morning.

And, as small-caps are more economically sensitive than their larger counterparts, they fell broadly. Notably, the Russell 2000 index of small-capitalization stocks lost 12.15 points, or 2.41%, to 492.94. Year-to-date, the index is down 1.3%.

The Standard & Poor's Small Cap 600 fell 5.89, or 2.18%, to 264.43.

While the decline for cyclicals wasn't necessarily just a bet against recovery, there appeared more concern that the surge in such sectors for the better part of two months may have been overdone. For one, even though new U.S. claims for state unemployment benefits fell sharply last week, the number of unemployed drawing jobless benefits touched its 14th-straight record high and now stands at over 6.3 million.

Moreover, several April same-store sales reports didn't beat pretty robust expectations that have come up recently along with the market. Hot Topic slid $2.43, or 20%, to $9.94, as its April same-store sales rose, but came in well below analysts' expectations.

For regionals and other small banks, the unknown stress-test results spooked some investors. Overall, small financials fell broadly, including World Acceptance, which closed down 4.43, or 17%, to 21.43.

Still, some investors said the release of the stress test results should be helpful for investors in the long term, and therefore the market.

"Now, I'll have some idea of what the problems are," said Kent Croft, chief investment officer for investment management firm Croft Funds.

Outshining any other company in the market, Vanda Pharmaceuticals rose 6.76, or 626%, to 7.84, as the Food and Drug Administration approved the Rockville, Md., biopharmaceutical company's schizophrenia drug Fanapt.

Bucking the trend of weak sales reports, Secaucus, N.J., retailer Children's Place Retail Stores gained 3.46, or 11%, to 36, after saying its same-store sales rose in April.

On the earnings front, Blackboard's first-quarter loss narrowed and the Washington education-software provider said it will acquire e-learning applications provider Angel Learning for about $95 million in cash and stock. Shares fell 3.93, or 12%, to 29, after the company projected second-quarter earnings below Wall Street's estimates.

Parsippany, N.J., vehicle-rental company Avis Budget Group slid 30 cents, or 8.2%, to 3.35, on the New York Stock Exchange, after its first-quarter loss widened as revenue fell by double digits and the company took a small charge for restructuring.

Career Education said its first-quarter profit grew 42%, but shares fell 1.97, or 9.3%, to 19.17, as the Hoffman Estates, Ill., post-secondary education company said tuition and registration fees fell and earnings missed Wall Street estimates.

Lamar Advertising climbed 3.62, or 20%, to 22.12. The Baton Rouge, La., display advertising company's first-quarter loss narrowed and, while revenue slipped, it still topped analysts' forecasts.

Mountain View, Calif., Hansen Medical rose 1.53, or 28%, to 6.99, as it signed a new partnership with conglomerate General Electric to promote Hansen's catheter-implanting medical robots, though financial details weren't disclosed.

New York-based Sirius XM Radio declined 10 cents, or 18%, to 43 cents, as though its first-quarter loss narrowed, the satellite radio company lost net subscribers during the period."

Write to Geoffrey Rogow at geoffrey.rogow@dowjones.com

Guru
    05-08-2009, 11:47 AM #26
    i dont see that many people selling i do see a shit load of bids though, some1looking to get a million shares at .40, too me the selling is done now the mm's are in control and they are pissing me off.

Guru
    05-08-2009, 11:54 AM #27
    http://ir.libertymedia.com/phoenix.z...=irol-calendar

liberty cc in 5 minutes, cmon guys do what siri couldnt and mention siri and bring the buyers out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enthusiast
    05-08-2009, 12:03 PM #28
    Good Lordy I couldn't agree more.

Addict
    05-08-2009, 12:09 PM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    http://ir.libertymedia.com/phoenix.z...=irol-calendar

liberty cc in 5 minutes, cmon guys do what siri couldnt and mention siri and bring the buyers out!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yup...Mafei mentioned it and said they were confident in SIRI as they learned about SIRI business model. That's great!

Guru
    05-08-2009, 12:13 PM #30
    i would love to see maffei playing a more public role with siri ie: more interviews like the one on cnbc he is great.

Page 3 of 8 12345 ...