05-05-2009, 01:21 AM #1

Lifetime subscription

Trying to interpret this:
    9. Lifetime Subscription Plan: A "Lifetime Subscription" is one that continues for the life of the receiver equipment. A Lifetime Subscription is not transferable if it is associated with a receiver installed by an automaker......
    O.K., so it is the lifetime of the radio. The transfer apparently refers to the transfer of the subscription to a new or different radio, not the transfer of the vehicle to a new owner.

Does that mean that if the vehicle is sold, the new buyer has the continued benefit of the subscription? Would that not be a "premium option" of value on the sale of the vehicle?

Head Honcho
    05-05-2009, 11:17 AM #2
    No, your subscription is tied to the customer not the radio. You can keep that subscription forever and just keep changing the radio it applies to (for a fee). I would assume that lifetime subs are non transferable.

Could you just leave the lifetime sub on the car and sell it? Sure but, you would still have the power over that sub.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-05-2009, 09:26 PM #3

Are you sure?

Actually, my reading of the lifetime contract was that if it was purchased for a radio in the car, then it would be for the lifetime of that receiver/car. If you sell the car, you are not able to transfer the subscription.

If you have a portable radio like a Starmate or Sportster which can be used in your car/home/office/wherever, you're able to transfer the subscription to a new receiver 3 times--I think the cost was to be $75 per transfer

Just my two cents....

Head Honcho
    05-05-2009, 10:51 PM #4
    Here is another thread about it; http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1500

There are a few others like it online and no one can seem to agree. Ask a rep and then check back to let us know.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder