Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 142

Thread: Weekly OFF TOPIC THREAD:May 4th -10th 2009

  1. #21
    socalrunningfool is offline
    Enthusiast
    socalrunningfool's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 229

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by LMaze View Post
    Julietoo: saw a commercial for Jeep, 0 percent financing. costco on your day off, boy are you living the life.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

    Costco my good "smartass" poster. Is where people who understand value go on there day off, cause it's a two hour and $200 adventure everytime. Sorry your trip to Burger King and Taco Bell daily, takes you away from such a fun time.

  2. #22
    TSavery is offline
    Head Honcho
    TSavery's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 524

    Slacker Active

    Cos 1000 takes exception to Charles and I maintaining SlackerActive. I brought the discussion here so that everyone who desires can participate.

    Cos100 stated,

    "Tyler, your defense of who slacker is and what they offer as competition to Satellite Radio is laughable… I would not expect you to burry your head in the sand. I would expect you to give “Full Disclosure” regarding your affiliations…

    You have always provide timely information when reporting on Satellite Radio and all of its twists and turns.. You have on this site thrown in over the last year a couple of Slacker “promo” articles which have been justified by telling your readership that it was “In their best interest to know who the competition to SDARS was”…. fine. You never then, nor do you now in any disclosure let your Sat Rad readers, who come hear looking for information know, that you are also a Slacker Supporter with a site deriving “Click” revenue from that support… Or Am I Mistaken…

    Get off your High Horse and get real about where your allegiances are, rather than try and debate me in my concerns regarding your agenda…. I call like I see it and I see that their has been some deception, whether intentional or not, in your bias……"

    My reponse:

    1. If you think Slacker is laughable, that is quite fine. Slacker brought some great XM people to their service upon launch, and has made a name for themselves with retailers such as Best Buy. While much smaller than satellite, they have some features that clean satellites clock.... Things that Sirius XM should be trying to emulate at some point.

    2. Full disclosure of my affiliations has been known by many. The SlackerActive site links to all articles published here. There are links between both sites on both sites. I have spoken of it on my radio show, and disclosed it in articles as well as comments. If you missed that, I am sorry, but you can't blame me because you missed something. Look at this link and the comments for example: http://siriusbuzz.com/hands-on-with-...comment-page-1
    - In fact, you commented in that very article, but now you act as if some HUGE revelation has happened. You are mistaken in your accisation that this was not disclosed prior.

    From another article: http://siriusbuzz.com/slacker-on-bla...te-a-fight.php

    "I recently downloaded the new Slacker application to my Blackberry, and have been playing around with it for a couple of days. The full review is available on SlackerActive."

    Is that not clear? I state that I downlaoaded the app, and state that the full review of my experience is on Slacker Active

    3. The Slacker Active site has a very nominal number of vistitors, and in fact, if the site breaks even I would be stunned!

    4. If you call it like you see it, I would like you to make a call after reading the article above and seeing the comments to it, one of which was yours.

    5. My "allegence" is not to any one company. If there is a good competing product out there, I will write about it. I may even make a site about it.

    6. One reason that a separte site was started was so that all of the Slacker happening would not scatter the pages of a satellite radio site. Thus, you will see updates about Slacker there that do not make these pages.

    7. Our site sponsor TSS radio has a site called Digital radio Central (http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/). A site dedicated to all forms of Digital Radio. A Satellite Radio retailer (and the best in my book), has a site that talks about other forms of audio entertainment. Do you question their alliegence?

    In closing, I hope you will acknowledge that you have seen the disclosure and connection in the past. IOt was not being hidden, but it is not "heralded" either. To many people are to sensetive to other media being spoken about on this site, and so as not to offend those, I simply let both sites exist.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

  3. #23
    cos1000 is offline
    Senior Member
    cos1000's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 402
    My comments were made on November 3, 2008 when I attempted to support your efforts at giving a full view of the playing field.... You comment today that "Many Knew" of the other site is nowhere in your responses back in November, 2008... Where was your disclosure then....when my comment was submitted.... A bit deceiving to say the least... Where is your disclosure of your site recently... not in your current article... smoke...

    I find it interesting that when confronted in your articles comment section, you chose to take it here to make your case... fair enough... Guess as a reader and poster of this sight, you can take the debate to the forums whenever you like....

    Doesn't change anything in my concern about you not being more up front with your affiliations... Even back in your November 2008, article, you failed to disclose anything more than being a fan of slacker and providing a link, never owning the affiliation.... Hey but who cares? Right? It is our responsibility as readers of this site or any other to do our own Due Diligence.... I thought that pertained more to the stocks discussed not the authors and site owners.... MY Bad....

  4. #24
    cos1000 is offline
    Senior Member
    cos1000's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 402
    Here's how I started it..... but, of course you only have to post my comments that suit you and paint Your Argument in the best light. Pathetic is what it is....

    I Posted: "It is odd to me that on a Slacker Article, of which the author supports a site for, that Satellite Radio gets trashed by the posters…. very curious…."
    Reply
    tsavery says:
    May 15, 2009 at 7:25 pm
    cos…..
    Not sure how to take your post. Do you take exception to me or the commenters?

    Reply

    cos1000 says:
    May 15, 2009 at 7:42 pm
    Its not personal…. Its a perspective that I have of your article’s pointed attack at Sirius Xm Radio… You take liberty in announcing Slackers new innovation, while pointing out that Slacker is differentiating itself… It is you that are putting the two companies on the same playing field.. It is that… that I take exception too…
    “Just as Sirius XM Radio is getting ready to launch their iPhone application, Slacker takes another step out in front to differentiate itself.”
    As you have admitted, and I didn’t know until you did admit to it, you and Charles do maintain a Slacker Promotional Site, while being here writing articles as Siriusbuzz…
    I also take exception to the posters under the Slacker Article innovation, taking direct shots at Sirius Xm Radio under the title of this wonderful Slacker Innovation. My Opinion, that’s all.

    Reply

    tsavery says:
    May 15, 2009 at 9:45 pm
    cos…..
    Slacker has been considered a part of the audio entertainment sector ever since they started. Their initial business model called for satellite updates of their receivers. Were you aware of that?
    Slacker’s business model now sits in between terrestrial radio and satellite radio. It is a great service, and I am a Slacker subscriber. I encourage people to try differing things. Slacker at this point does not deliver talk, sports, etc., but they are great at delivering music.
    Slacker has made it a point to try to remain innovative. In the Internet radio field I would classify them as the steepest competition for SDARS.
    I am not going to burry my head in the sand and ignore what Slacker is, or what they have accomplished.
    We link back and forth between the two sites, and the Slacker site has a section for Sirius XM news.
    Many satellite radio subscribers use Slacker. Many use Apple devices. When Apple makes a new announcement, many satellite radio sites report it.
    If you take exception to us being fans of a service such as Slacker, Blackberry’s, or iPods, I am sorry. It is topical.
    Sites such as this and others cover the royalty issue for terrestrial radio, yet no one seems to take exception to that.

  5. #25
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,497
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    Here's how I started it..... but, of course you only have to post my comments that suit you and paint Your Argument in the best light. Pathetic is what it is....

    I Posted: "It is odd to me that on a Slacker Article, of which the author supports a site for, that Satellite Radio gets trashed by the posters…. very curious…."
    So, what is your point? Because I will be happy to sit here and address each and every concern you might have. Is it that people should disclose that they write on a website that is not actively promoted and made $0.54 last month? If so, that is your opinion and although I don't agree, its not arguable if that is how you feel. I have personally never been compensated by slacker for anything and I take Tyler at his word that he has not either.

    Make sure you post your concerns on a point by point basis because I want to make sure that not one single thing is overlooked.

    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post

    I find it interesting that when confronted in your articles comment section, you chose to take it here to make your case... fair enough... Guess as a reader and poster of this sight, you can take the debate to the forums whenever you like....
    There is nothing "interesting" about it...your "comments" were no longer "comments" and against the clear rules we have listed on the page. It has always been my personal goal to never reply to a reader comment but that is something Tyler and I differ on.

    I think its awesome that you are on this witch hunt because IMHO what you are aggravated about could not possibly be more trivial.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  6. #26
    TSavery is offline
    Head Honcho
    TSavery's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 524
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    My comments were made on November 3, 2008 when I attempted to support your efforts at giving a full view of the playing field.... You comment today that "Many Knew" of the other site is nowhere in your responses back in November, 2008... Where was your disclosure then....when my comment was submitted.... A bit deceiving to say the least... Where is your disclosure of your site recently... not in your current article... smoke...

    I find it interesting that when confronted in your articles comment section, you chose to take it here to make your case... fair enough... Guess as a reader and poster of this sight, you can take the debate to the forums whenever you like....

    Doesn't change anything in my concern about you not being more up front with your affiliations... Even back in your November 2008, article, you failed to disclose anything more than being a fan of slacker and providing a link, never owning the affiliation.... Hey but who cares? Right? It is our responsibility as readers of this site or any other to do our own Due Diligence.... I thought that pertained more to the stocks discussed not the authors and site owners.... MY Bad....
    Cos.....

    Did you read my comment in the November article?

    "I have written and spoken about Slacker many times. It is a service that I have embraced and use. It is a service that many satellite radio customers use.

    I did the full review on Slacker Active. This article linked there.

    My review of the product is not influenced by the fact that they sent a player.

    I will be reviewing the XMP3 player shortly. It is being sent by TSS-Radio, and I will be returning the unit after the review.

    The point is that even a demo unit that is returned would be fine by me. I want to do reviews on all of the products, but this site simply can not go out and buy them all.

    Every review I have ever done on a Sirius or XM product has never been supplied by Siriuys or XM.

    I wish satellite radio would do some of the things Slacker has done. If they did, they would be better than they are.

    There is no “lesson” I can teach Sirius XM. they do things their own way, and that is life. Slacker, Logitech, Ultimate ears understand the value in getting reviews from grass roots sites such as this.

    If you guys can not handle a review of a GOOD PRODUCT that walks in a similar circle as Sirius XM, then I would suggest that you not visit the site.

    I write about HD Radio, terrestrial radio, satellite radio, iPhones, zunes, and other products as well. Why all of the hostility towards Slacker."


    1. It was disclosed in the very comments of the November article, as well as in the article itself in the form of "I received the Slacke....The full review is on Slacker Active"

    2. Your comment was submitted AFTER mine. Mine was submitted November 3, 2008 at 5:48 pm. Yours was submitted November 3 at 10:17 PM, 4.5 hours later.

    3. Where is the deception? Did you not see BOTH articles that I linked to? The relationship is quite clear.

    4. You say, "I find it interesting that when confronted in your articles comment section, you chose to take it here to make your case... fair enough... Guess as a reader and poster of this sight, you can take the debate to the forums whenever you like...."

    What is wrong with that? You obviously have a hair across your butt on this, and it was obvious that it would involve a full discussion. Given that a full discussion was likely, the forums make the most sense for that dialogue. The link to the forum is in the article, and it is easy to follow. Does this not make sense for some reason?

    5. Perhaps your upset, but in the end, the ties are there for you and anyone else to see. I again ask you to read the articles I quoted and their comments.

    6. I have mentioned that I have Slacker Active on my radio show as well. Somehow though, it seems that you want a front page billboard about a Slacker site that is no more than a place to put the Slacker news that is happening so that readers like you don't get all bent out of shape when we write something about Slacker here. Revenue on that site is non-existant! It costs more to maintain it than the site generates, yet you are going to call my integrity into question. Come on Cos, and let me be frank, you are smarter than that! What exactly would my motive be? To lose money? Think about this for a second. The site has mad NO MONEY! We keep it up to follow a service we both like, and to facilitate keeping this site clear of long Slacker articles. If people want more detail, they can go to the other site and look. It is quite simple.

    This site has taken great lengths to keep as many people happy as possible. We get people who thisnk the content is to detailed as well as people who say it is not detailed enough. Some people want to hear about the content on SDARS, others do not. Some people want To know about the slackers and pandoras of the world. Others don't.

    I ask you again to read this - "I recently downloaded the new Slacker application to my Blackberry, and have been playing around with it for a couple of days. The full review is available on SlackerActive." Is that not clear?
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

  7. #27
    TSavery is offline
    Head Honcho
    TSavery's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 524
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    So, what is your point? Because I will be happy to sit here and address each and every concern you might have. Is it that people should disclose that they write on a website that is not actively promoted and made $0.54 last month? If so, that is your opinion and although I don't agree, its not arguable if that is how you feel. I have personally never been compensated by slacker for anything and I take Tyler at his word that he has not either.

    Make sure you post your concerns on a point by point basis because I want to make sure that not one single thing is overlooked.



    There is nothing "interesting" about it...your "comments" were no longer "comments" and against the clear rules we have listed on the page. It has always been my personal goal to never reply to a reader comment but that is something Tyler and I differ on.

    I think its awesome that you are on this witch hunt because IMHO what you are aggravated about could not possibly be more trivial.
    Slacker has never paid me. I have gotten to keep the items I reviewed for them, just as Logitech allowed me to keep the Squeezebox that allows Sirius, Pandora, Slacker, etc. Ultimate Ears gave me a set of headphones to review, and I use them to this day. TSS gave me an S50 to review which I also got to keep.

    A few pieces of hardware.....yes. Payment..... NOPE
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

  8. #28
    clueless is offline
    Senior Member
    clueless's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Location: New York Posts: 251
    I love how this all stems from someone who can't believe that Slacker could actually be a competitor and that anyone might just happen to like the service because it is actually good.

  9. #29
    tim wallick is offline
    Enthusiast
    tim wallick's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 204
    todays weather here, suns setting now its 6:37 pm

    and the normal flu is going around, along with a bunch of newly reported cases today (17) of the bird flu, which has been here since 2006.

    one of which was reported as being avian/Chinese pig. not sure what the hell that one means.

    i dont think much of this makes the outside news services but currently in some areas here pigs,cats,dogs,and birds are being put down...and transportation of any birds are under restriction in certain areas which raise poultry.


    3 PM Clear 103°
    6 PM Clear 99°

  10. #30
    TSavery is offline
    Head Honcho
    TSavery's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 524
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    Here's how I started it..... but, of course you only have to post my comments that suit you and paint Your Argument in the best light. Pathetic is what it is....

    I Posted: "It is odd to me that on a Slacker Article, of which the author supports a site for, that Satellite Radio gets trashed by the posters…. very curious…."
    Reply
    tsavery says:
    May 15, 2009 at 7:25 pm
    cos…..
    Not sure how to take your post. Do you take exception to me or the commenters?

    Reply

    cos1000 says:
    May 15, 2009 at 7:42 pm
    Its not personal…. Its a perspective that I have of your article’s pointed attack at Sirius Xm Radio… You take liberty in announcing Slackers new innovation, while pointing out that Slacker is differentiating itself… It is you that are putting the two companies on the same playing field.. It is that… that I take exception too…
    “Just as Sirius XM Radio is getting ready to launch their iPhone application, Slacker takes another step out in front to differentiate itself.”
    As you have admitted, and I didn’t know until you did admit to it, you and Charles do maintain a Slacker Promotional Site, while being here writing articles as Siriusbuzz…
    I also take exception to the posters under the Slacker Article innovation, taking direct shots at Sirius Xm Radio under the title of this wonderful Slacker Innovation. My Opinion, that’s all.

    Reply

    tsavery says:
    May 15, 2009 at 9:45 pm
    cos…..
    Slacker has been considered a part of the audio entertainment sector ever since they started. Their initial business model called for satellite updates of their receivers. Were you aware of that?
    Slacker’s business model now sits in between terrestrial radio and satellite radio. It is a great service, and I am a Slacker subscriber. I encourage people to try differing things. Slacker at this point does not deliver talk, sports, etc., but they are great at delivering music.
    Slacker has made it a point to try to remain innovative. In the Internet radio field I would classify them as the steepest competition for SDARS.
    I am not going to burry my head in the sand and ignore what Slacker is, or what they have accomplished.
    We link back and forth between the two sites, and the Slacker site has a section for Sirius XM news.
    Many satellite radio subscribers use Slacker. Many use Apple devices. When Apple makes a new announcement, many satellite radio sites report it.
    If you take exception to us being fans of a service such as Slacker, Blackberry’s, or iPods, I am sorry. It is topical.
    Sites such as this and others cover the royalty issue for terrestrial radio, yet no one seems to take exception to that.
    Cos....

    You state, "Here's how I started it..... but, of course you only have to post my comments that suit you and paint Your Argument in the best light. Pathetic is what it is...."

    There is no intent on hiding any of the information. People can read the comments on the article and the balance here. Now you act as if there is some malicious intent on my part. Funny, you are the one insinuating malicious intent by saying that i have a "pay per click" website and that my motivation is to make money. The Slackeractive site has been up for 18 MONTHS, and has made us NOTHING. Thus, the question at this point is what is my motivation?

    You are on a witch hunt for some reason, and it is a selective witch hunt at that. You don't call into questin discussion anything about terrestrial radio royalties. You don't call into question people offering stock advice without disclosing that they are not a financial advisor at every turn (which is what you seem to want from me). You don't call into question trades made by writers without disclosure. Instead, you say that I have a motive to make money from a sister site when in fact that site makes none, and never has in 18 months.

    I point out to you several places where the assocation between the two sites has been disclesed and discussed, yet you sudenly get silent. Perhaps you had forgotten about the comments on the November article. Perhaps you did not read the other previous articles. If that is the case, that is fine. However, to state that this was NEVER disclosed is a gross error on your part, and one that you do not seem to want to acknowledge.

    Cos1000....I respect your participation here, and value the insight you bring to the board. I would love for that participation to continue, but that is your choice. There is nothing to hide, and this was established by previous articles, comments, and radio broadcasts.

    Do I think slacker competes with SDARS. Yes, in certain ways. However, there are aspect of SDARS that Slacker can not touch at this point, all of which has been discussed in great detail in the past.

    One last point COS......

    http://siriusbuzz.com/slacker-dj-search-launches.php

    the last paragraph tells it all -

    "Slacker is indeed getting active, and while we love to cover Slacker here at Sirius Buzz, and will continue to follow developments. We have a huge announcement to make for Slacker fans. SlackerActive.com will be the place for Active Slackers to get the latest and greatest news surrounding Slacker. Join us on Slacker Active where you can “Go Ahead And Slack…We’ve Got You Covered”."

    The disclosure was there FROM THE BEGINNING
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •