Page 12 of 15 ... 21011121314 ...
    Mentor
    05-18-2009, 03:08 PM #111
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    My oh my......

Sirius XM was in the midst of a takeover from Ergen, and considering an offer by Liberty. This was known prior to the 16th when the Slacker promotion ran. Everyone knew that the 17th was the day the news would happen. The 16th was basically a day in waiting. If some looked at the Slacker giveaway as bad timing, then that is fine. It was a simple give away that we did for readers of the site. we had for more people enter the contest than we have had people complain about it.

This site does not throw Slacker in the face of investors. we cover Slacker because we see it as relevant. We started a different site so that those who seemed to get offended would not have to see all of the stuff. Not everyting on Slackeractive is covered here.
    Gotcha. Wasnt ignorance or being an ass, it was pure apathy. Cool. You knew it would piss off stockholders, but since you serve the whole site, the consequences to you to pissing off stockholders possibly was worth it to you. ok, youve made yourself perfectly clear. Please, lets move on, i agree.

Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 03:13 PM #112
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Gotcha. Wasnt ignorance or being an ass, it was pure apathy. Cool. You knew it would piss off stockholders, but since you serve the whole site, the consequences to you to pissing off stockholders possibly was worth it to you. ok, youve made yourself perfectly clear. Please, lets move on, i agree.
    Relmor....

You are the king of wanting to move on but getting in one last dig.....LOL

It was not a matter of who it would piss off or who it wouldn't piss off. We received a cool proze to give away, and gave it away. Many stockholders participated.

We did not go into that promotion weighing readership risks and rewards. Believe me, we would not have had the time to do that. If Apple gave us an iPod Touch to give away today, we would do it. Even if Sirius XM was not coming out with an application.

Cheers, and no more digs
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 03:17 PM #113
    I ran the contest (not tyler) and I didn't think that it would be pissing off anyone. I thought that a $400 prize pack would be cool as all hell coming from a little site like this. If the stockholders were in fact pissed it was misdirected anger at Sirius and that is, if anything, what I expected as flack.

Smiley faces are cool, I can say whatever I want and then totally neutralize it with a smiley face. Like, relmor is a ********

See how the smiley face makes everything OK?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    05-18-2009, 03:23 PM #114
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I ran the contest (not tyler) and I didn't think that it would be pissing off anyone. I thought that a $400 prize pack would be cool as all hell coming from a little site like this. If the stockholders were in fact pissed it was misdirected anger at Sirius and that is, if anything, what I expected as flack.

Smiley faces are cool, I can say whatever I want and then totally neutralize it with a smiley face. Like, relmor is a ********

See how the smiley face makes everything OK?
    well ill give you this, you have given me my first real laugh all day...
    That is fun....
    If you didnt realize it would piss off stockholders, and you feel it only did a few, then in actuality i suppose it paid off for you. Good job!!
    Im pissed. But I love john too much to leave him here with you knuckleheads. Im stuck....

Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 03:27 PM #115
    If you didnt realize it would piss off stockholders,
    Please explain to me why this would piss off stockholders.

Im pissed. But I love john too much to leave him here with you knuckleheads. Im stuck....
    So, the only reason you are here is because of john? That stinks, I wish you didn't have to come here anymore, what a pain in the ass for you.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    05-18-2009, 03:27 PM #116
    wow charles just gave away the secret on how to be an ass online and still not make people angry, supposed to keep that a secret charles you prick

Enthusiast
    05-18-2009, 03:30 PM #117
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    I think we have worn out this debate.

Can we try to figure out what the meaning of "is" is?

Chhers, and lets move on to more relevant talk. Greg Maffei speaks in an hour

Tyler and Charles you have went way overboard with honest answers imvho.

this stock has been manipulated from early 2006 and it was done using the media and a analyst or two. along with many others company's within the greater broadcasting sector and they were easy targets do to the disruptive effect of all the new digital technologies and the related effects on advertising revenue.some of the media and industry trades owned by the funds were used to promote aggressively the negative aspects of the broadcasting sector. my position has been certain funds were and are behind the efforts to drive prices into the ground prior to moving to all digital distribution.that was the reason i bailed out back in 2006 for a fair profit, as i also need the cash.

Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 03:37 PM #118
    DISCLOSURE......

While I have been an active participant in this prolonged therapy session, I feel a strong need to disclose that I am not health professional. I am not licensed to offer therapy.

Please consider the therapeutic aspects of the above discussion as a simple side effect of this site, and not my intent to offer therapeutic services.

Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 11:49 PM #119
    Quote Originally Posted by jmm232 View Post
    This argument is done. Once and for all. I am done posting on this site.
    That is hilarious, just so everyone here knows (since we care so much about full disclosure) jmm232 is actually Egiscodr a forum administrator from satwaves AND cos1000 is a global moderator from satwaves. Stay classy guys
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    05-19-2009, 12:09 AM #120
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    That is hilarious, just so everyone here knows (since we care so much about full disclosure) jmm232 is actually Egiscodr a forum administrator from satwaves AND cos1000 is a global moderator from satwaves. Stay classy guys

First my apologies for consistently being behind in these types of debates. By the time I find the time to read through the threads, I'm a day late and a dollar short.

That being said............................................

Those that create division within a group. In this case Sirius Buzz being that group. Should simply not be trusted. Period. So to those that think BM is the bomb and have moved on to Satwaves whatever. Just remember. Character remains the same. And you will be the victims of the next backstabbing.

Now. Cos1000 and Egis are both posters that I have enjoyed many a nice posting moment with. And both in my limited view are good individuals. So if they have in turn decided that this site is no longer of value, and only Satwaves is. Well then I would say that would be dissapointing.

Oh well, I honestly haven't seen all the posts. I have said before and will say again that Brandon Matthews was a fraud and his articles were misleading. And I thank the originators of this site for their efforts.

Page 12 of 15 ... 21011121314 ...