Page 11 of 15 ... 910111213 ...
    Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 02:33 PM #101
    I gave it away when I was presented with it, why do I need an alibei?

You know what relmor, you're right, you figured it all out, I wanted to cripple the stock price and totally **** myself over since at the time SIRI was 90% of my portfolio (yup I am that idiot who puts all of his eggs in one basket).

It couldn't possibly be that I was just presented with a cool prize and wanted to give it away to the fans
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    05-18-2009, 02:36 PM #102
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I gave it away when I was presented with it, why do I need an alibei?

You know what relmor, you're right, you figured it all out, I wanted to cripple the stock price and totally **** myself over since at the time SIRI was 90% of my portfolio (yup I am that idiot who puts all of his eggs in one basket).

It couldn't possibly be that I was just presented with a cool prize and wanted to give it away to the fans
    now now, you will not take credit for me saying i think you did it maliciously, or anything to do with the stock price. I know you lost money, i believe you. im sorry man, me too. But its bad timing then, ok man.

Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 02:36 PM #103
    Question, are you guys trying to discredit me/us because you want to hate us or because you want to like us but are torn? I assume that if you didn't care you wouldn't bring it up so, you must care enough to keep this going. So, which is it?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 02:38 PM #104
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    now now, you will not take credit for me saying i think you did it maliciously, or anything to do with the stock price. I know you lost money, i believe you. im sorry man, me too. But its bad timing then, ok man.
    You say that but just a minute ago you said I was an an ass or ignorant (or however you put it) while never excepting the fact that I just gave something away that I thought was harmless (and it was) only crazy stockholders were pissed off and for what reason? There is no way that article changed anything for SIRI, I refuse to believe that.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    05-18-2009, 02:41 PM #105
    You say that but just a minute ago you said I was an an ass or ignorant (or however you put it) while never excepting the fact that I just gave something away that I thought was harmless (and it was) only crazy stockholders were pissed off and for what reason? There is no way that article changed anything for SIRI, I refuse to believe that.
    ignorant meaning you cant see how its in bad timings, and an ass if you did it on purpose. You only have two choices...

Mentor
    05-18-2009, 02:42 PM #106
    Question, are you guys trying to discredit me/us because you want to hate us or because you want to like us but are torn? I assume that if you didn't care you wouldn't bring it up so, you must care enough to keep this going. So, which is it?
    lets just say we probably both realize more than just us are reading this.
    they can make their own conclusions.

Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 02:47 PM #107
    ignorant meaning you cant see how its in bad timings, and an ass if you did it on purpose. You only have two choices...
    Says you. Sometimes its hard to believe that the most obvious might be true. How is it bad timing? Bad timing would insinuate that somehow that contest affected SIRI. It did not, it just aggraviated people who were in too deep and I am sorry for that but, that is not the majority of the people who come to this site. I mean, do the math, there are often 10 people posting for every 50 people browsing the forums and on top of that there are 5k people who come here on a bad day. People who care as much as you or I or cos1000 are the huge minority.

Which is why that post drove cos1000 nuts but 99.9% of visitors didn't care to comment either way.

lets just say we probably both realize more than just us are reading this.
    they can make their own conclusions.
    That doesn't answer my question.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 02:47 PM #108
    My oh my......

Sirius XM was in the midst of a takeover from Ergen, and considering an offer by Liberty. This was known prior to the 16th when the Slacker promotion ran. Everyone knew that the 17th was the day the news would happen. The 16th was basically a day in waiting. If some looked at the Slacker giveaway as bad timing, then that is fine. It was a simple give away that we did for readers of the site. we had for more people enter the contest than we have had people complain about it.

This site does not throw Slacker in the face of investors. we cover Slacker because we see it as relevant. We started a different site so that those who seemed to get offended would not have to see all of the stuff. Not everyting on Slackeractive is covered here.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 02:49 PM #109
    What everyone here SHOULD be mad about is that Sirius XM has never contacted us to work with me in any way to offer any kind of promotion or giveaway even though I have proven that I can drive a contest buzz.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 02:53 PM #110
    I think we have worn out this debate.

Can we try to figure out what the meaning of "is" is?

Chhers, and lets move on to more relevant talk. Greg Maffei speaks in an hour
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Page 11 of 15 ... 910111213 ...