Page 14 of 15 ... 412131415
    Head Honcho
    05-19-2009, 02:12 PM #131
    I am reaching? Then what were you and egis doing? I was just making the information public for the people who read this to decide.

If you felt you had to respond that is fine, I don't feel like anything else has to be said.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-19-2009, 02:24 PM #132
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I am reaching? Then what were you and egis doing? I was just making the information public for the people who read this to decide.

If you felt you had to respond that is fine, I don't feel like anything else has to be said.
    I don't speak for anyone but myself.... and you obviously felt like something else had to be said..... and did.... So how does this have anything to do with my original posts.... why don't you lay that out for me.... now that we are so far along with all this.... or did you forget what we were originally talking about.....

I didn't bring the discussion here.... you and Tyler did.... what everyone else has to say is on them not me.... I only will answer to my posts and no one elses..... you got what you wanted in your bringing it here....
    Last edited by cos1000; 05-19-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Head Honcho
    05-19-2009, 02:46 PM #133
    You must be misunderstanding my point.

You say that I am "reaching" in questioning your motives based on your affiliations yet, that is exactly what you are doing to Tyler and I.

you obviously felt like something else had to be said..... and did....
    What I mean is that my post was short, sweet, and free from long winded explanation. Like I said, I just put the information out there for everyone else to decide, just like you did about us.

Your passive aggressive tone is transparent as all hell and just as classless as saying it directly IMHO. You don't have to pull your punches on my account.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-19-2009, 03:27 PM #134
    "You say that I am "reaching" in questioning your motives based on your affiliations yet, that is exactly what you are doing to Tyler and I."

Actually, I directed my comments first to recondo72 in a post to an article written by Tyler... it was directed at him..... Tyler responded with a Question to my post, and I gave him my thoughts.... not you.

"What I mean is that my post was short, sweet, and free from long winded explanation. Like I said, I just put the information out there for everyone else to decide, just like you did about us."

Charles, your posts may be short but, in a debate like this, never sweet.... Not long winded but, still filled with arrogance and hot air.....

I am glad you put the information out there because I have nothing to hide.... You Own a site, I do not nor do I make any money from participating on any site.... If Disclosure of MY Affiliations is required than that is fine and FINALLY YOU UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT FULL DISCLOSURE IS........

Your passive aggressive tone is transparent as all hell and just as classless as saying it directly IMHO. You don't have to pull your punches on my account.

I'm sorry I must of missed your being a qualified psychoanalyst.... Sometimes passive aggressive behavior is an attempt to keep things civil, as is the case here.... or didn't you read my intentions above.... I am certainly not passive.... and in this case a aggressive defense is warranted.... I think you know something about that strategy of debate or else I might be mistaken.....
    Last edited by cos1000; 05-19-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Enthusiast
    05-19-2009, 03:46 PM #135

Exclamation

well, if only i had a chair to sit an have me

Head Honcho
    05-19-2009, 03:53 PM #136
    I get on a plane to the left coast this morning and missed an entire bre-ha-ha!

Okay, enough said and done.

Today is a new day and will be better than yesterday.

Cheers everyone
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Head Honcho
    05-19-2009, 03:56 PM #137
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    Actually, I directed my comments first to recondo72 in a post to an article written by Tyler... it was directed at him..... Tyler responded with a Question to my post, and I gave him my thoughts.... not you.
    Perfect so, we can now say that you are not questioning our motives.

Charles, your posts may be short but, in a debate like this, never sweet.... Not long winded but, still filled with arrogance and hot air.....
    Again, you continue to point out how right you are and how wrong I am, I choose to leave that up to the readers. You can say that I am an idiot and you are right all you want but, saying it over and over and over doesn't make it true.
    I am glad you put the information out there because I have nothing to hide.... You Own a site, I do not nor do I make any money from participating on any site
    $0.54 just stop man. Anyone can see for themselves how much time and effort is put into that site vs this site.

.... If Disclosure of MY Affiliations is required than that is fine and FINALLY YOU UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT FULL DISCLOSURE IS........
    It is not important to me. You are still missing the point, I am just pointing out that the guys from satwaves were the pot calling the kettle black. You cant chastise us for doing the same thing you were doing.

I'm sorry I must of missed your being a qualified psychoanalyst.... Sometimes passive aggressive behavior is an attempt to keep things civil, as is the case here.... or didn't you read my intentions above.... I am certainly not passive.... and in this case a aggressive defense is warranted.... I think you know something about that strategy of debate or else I might be mistaken.....
    I am sure it is an attempt to keep things civil but, my point was that your passiveness was so transparent that you were not achieving your goal, if that was in fact your goal.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-19-2009, 06:03 PM #138
    [QUOTE=SiriusBuzz;33384]Perfect so, we can now say that you are not questioning our motives.

Sorry Charles, I don't think that would be an accurate statement of my comments.. My initial post on the article found it curious that Tyler was writing an article pointing out the new advances of Slacker while taking a shot at SXM in saying in his article's opening line:

"Just as Sirius XM Radio is getting ready to launch their iPhone application, Slacker takes another step out in front to differentiate itself. "

This statement is not simply reporting on Slacker's innovation, it points out that Slacker is differentiating itself, while SXM gets ready to launch their iPhone app.... My point was in authoring an article and to maintain credibility, that a clear disclosure that he maintains a site that supports Slacker and its innovations, would be important to his readers....

Again, you continue to point out how right you are and how wrong I am, I choose to leave that up to the readers. You can say that I am an idiot and you are right all you want but, saying it over and over and over doesn't make it true.

I have not said how wrong or right I am.... I posted a comment of My Opinion on Tyler's article.... I have never called you an idiot... As a matter of fact, I think you are an intelligent guy, who I admire for having to put up with posters like me, challenging you on every front....

$0.54 just stop man. Anyone can see for themselves how much time and effort is put into that site vs this site.

On this front we totally agree and everyone here should help in constructing a way for you and Tyler to make more money from your efforts.... This is not about me not recognizing your efforts... It is about full disclosure of your intent, when maintaining two different sites, with competing products and services....

It is not important to me. You are still missing the point, I am just pointing out that the guys from satwaves were the pot calling the kettle black. You cant chastise us for doing the same thing you were doing.

Okay, I here you, but I also believe this is Important to you.... I am not missing the point.... I am not a guy from satwaves trying to take you down or call the kettle anything.... I do not want to chastise you... as I said, I respect you for what you do... I do not do what you do...... I posted my opinion on an article with perspective and have tried to express that perspective here, honestly.

I am sure it is an attempt to keep things civil but, my point was that your passiveness was so transparent that you were not achieving your goal, if that was in fact your goal.

We are still exchanging comments.... so I am not sure how unsuccessful at keeping it civil I was..... Thanks for your thoughts, they left me with much to think about.....

Head Honcho
    05-19-2009, 06:33 PM #139
    Sorry Charles, I don't think that would be an accurate statement of my comments.. My initial post on the article found it curious that Tyler was writing an article pointing out the new advances of Slacker while taking a shot at SXM in saying in his article's opening line:

"Just as Sirius XM Radio is getting ready to launch their iPhone application, Slacker takes another step out in front to differentiate itself. "

This statement is not simply reporting on Slacker's innovation, it points out that Slacker is differentiating itself, while SXM gets ready to launch their iPhone app.... My point was in authoring an article and to maintain credibility, that a clear disclosure that he maintains a site that supports Slacker and its innovations, would be important to his readers....
    You see it as taking a shot but, I see it as news. The sentence you are pointing out is factual, you see it as something else because you are overly emotional about this company. As a concerned stockholder you should read that statement exactly how it reads and nothing more. I read it as, Slacker is making sure that they are competing with Sirius XM, whether you think they are or not.

IMHO a clear disclosure that he maintains a website which reports on slacker news is in no way important. Not to mention, as I have said many times before, not common place. I have been around the web all over tons of tech sites looking for any kind of relevant news to Sirius XM and I have NEVER once seen anyone disclose anything like that.

Again, Tyler had been reporting on Slacker LONG before that website ever existed.

I think you are an intelligent guy, who I admire for having to put up with posters like me, challenging you on every front....
    I just added ^that^ to my resume.

On this front we totally agree and everyone here should help in constructing a way for you and Tyler to make more money from your efforts.... This is not about me not recognizing your efforts... It is about full disclosure of your intent, when maintaining two different sites, with competing products and services....
    What is our intent? I will make sure we disclose it. Because, I don't have any intent other then writing about 2 products that I personally like and use. The day that either of these companies pay me to do so, I will disclose that but, I don ever see that happening. As long as I am writing about something on my own accord, its not going to happen. I have nothing to disclose.

Okay, I here you, but I also believe this is Important to you.... I am not missing the point.... I am not a guy from satwaves trying to take you down or call the kettle anything.... I do not want to chastise you... as I said, I respect you for what you do... I do not do what you do...... I posted my opinion on an article with perspective and have tried to express that perspective here, honestly.
    It is of no relevance to me... you either make a case or you don't. It doesn't matter where you come from, if you are right, you are right IMO. Unfortunately, that is not always the case with the crowd watching so, if I am questioned, it only makes sense for me to question.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-19-2009, 08:02 PM #140
    Thanks Charles for taking the time to respond..... until we debate again.... and I do like this site....... I am not a piss and run kind of guy.... hope you can deal with it.... must suck to be you.....