Page 13 of 30 ... 3111213141523 ...
    Enthusiast
    Joined: May 2009 Location: In the nether regions of the ethernet Posts: 147
    05-12-2009, 02:37 PM #121
    Tripping,
    Why the HAYZ? It looks as though they are going into Chapter 11.

I have done some DD on BEHL and I have to agree, I think if you want to go long on it . . . it could be a good purchase.

A few months back I had KOG at .32 and finally gave up on it. Then about 2 weeks later it shot up to over 1.00 <sigh> I love the stock market.

Magician

Guru
    05-12-2009, 02:45 PM #122
    well i wont be buying back this week :O if i can time it right with some of my other trades i would like to buy back in the low .30's, i think siri might get beat down till it can show subs are not falling off a cliff. i dont want to say its going into the .20's but really i dont see why not if this thing is going down from this latest news then when they announce the next round of sub losses how is it going to react then? i think for sure we will test .36 and the last time we tested it there wasnt bad news floating around so will see. anyway no1 should be listening to me, i am not an expert.

05-12-2009, 02:45 PM #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Stock Magician View Post
    Tripping,
    Why the HAYZ? It looks as though they are going into Chapter 11.

I have done some DD on BEHL and I have to agree, I think if you want to go long on it . . . it could be a good purchase.

A few months back I had KOG at .32 and finally gave up on it. Then about 2 weeks later it shot up to over 1.00 <sigh> I love the stock market.

Magician
    Stock Magician, Stockegg.com had KOG on their watch list for today. Possible break out it said, and it did just that.

Guru
    05-12-2009, 02:46 PM #124

Ocnf

Quote Originally Posted by debber1212 View Post
    Hey all. I'm new to the market game and have made quite a few trades in the last 6 months. All said and done I've ended up just about even. This is due to my emotions getting in the way. Since then I've changed those ways and have allowed the roller coaster of up and downs lead me to sell when the coaster is up.

However I'm in OCNF at SP of 2.01. Any thoughts of where this one will go. Should I hold until we see 2.00 again, or sell figuring there will be some pull back and get in lower. I think a LONG is good for this one, but taking some profits as it rises is not so bad too.

As for SIRI, I've made money back in the days of Howard signing on. I owned it at say $4 and sold at $8. Too bad I was fresh out of college and had short money to invest. Now I've bought and sold a few times with a terrible buy at .51. Sold at the high of .74 in the premarket on earnings day, but panic bought at .51. Pretty much lost my profit I earned on the prior buy since it's under .40 now.

Thoughts on what to do would be great.
    Hi Debber -

ONCF will go back up....if you can afford to hang onto it, then I would say do just that. All drys shipping stocks are similar. They have never failed me yet.

If it were I, then I would hang onto it and just let it ride if I had it at 2.00 sp.
    You could average down. This is one stock that I personally am not afraid to average down with. But this is all up to you.

I am just waiting for OCNF to drop more, then I am going to stack it with money and wait for it to run again.

Quite a few of us have a long now, SSCCQ, you might take a look at that. I don't know how impatient, of a trader that you are, but SSCCQ is slowly building and looking really good. The website is in an above post by Ray.

As far as SIRI........I am not getting into it, lol. I currently don't own any. I am in the watching mode with it now.

Okie Dokie? Join in any time here!

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 05-12-2009 at 02:50 PM.

Guru
    05-12-2009, 02:47 PM #125
    yeah it could be the dumbest move ever, anyway its not known yet if the common will be completely wiped out, so its going to be real volatile and im hoping to get lucky with it. im playing a really small amount so i can afford to **** up and lose it. plus i like to buy things on massive pullbacks, i dunno maybe its a really bad habit
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 05-12-2009 at 02:49 PM.

05-12-2009, 02:51 PM #126
    Thanks Bill!!. I may average down on OCNF. Should have some funds clear tomorrow so as much as I don't want to say, I hope it stays down today for the sake of averaging down.

I don't blame you for not getting into the SIRI discussion. I haven't been happy with what's been going on, but at the same time only blame myself for not waiting it out and buying back in the .50's.

I've been looking at SSCCQ, before I even starting looking at this forum. Kinda weird when I saw the discussions around it here. I don't have a problem holding LONG on stocks, just looking to get in the green and stay there. Never turns out that way for me. Usually I have to watch the RED for a few weeks, then see it hit some green.

Aw well. I'll pop in a few times a day here to see what's going on. Keep the ideas flowing.

Enthusiast
    Joined: May 2009 Location: In the nether regions of the ethernet Posts: 147
    05-12-2009, 02:54 PM #127
    Bill,
    I am also long on SSCCQ. I have a good feeling that it will work out. But I think it is going to take sometime and patience. This is one I am just filing away and forgetting about. I would like to see it push a dollar or more rather quickly when they emerge from Bankruptcy.

I also had some SHSNQ . . . but they disappeared. I think my money on that one tanked. They were coming out of Bankruptcy and so I took a chance on them with some lunch money. I read their statement when they came our of bankruptcy and it look promising and then "poof" they were gone.

Magician

Guru
    05-12-2009, 03:18 PM #128

Ctic

SEATTLE, May 12, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Cell Therapeutics,
    Inc. ("CTI") (Nasdaq and MTA: CTIC) today announced that it has commenced a
    "Modified Dutch Auction" tender offer (the "Exchange Offer") to exchange shares
    of its common stock, no par value ("Common Stock"), and cash for an aggregate of
    $89.2 million principal amount for the following outstanding series of
    Convertible Notes (the "Notes"):

-- 4% Convertible Senior Subordinated Notes due 2010

-- 5.75% Convertible Senior Notes due 2011

-- 6.75% Convertible Senior Notes due 2010

-- 7.5% Convertible Senior Notes due 2011

-- 9% Convertible Senior Notes due 2012

The Company is conducting the Exchange Offer in order to reduce the principal
    amount of its outstanding indebtedness. The Company believes that reducing its
    outstanding indebtedness is necessary in order for its business to operate in
    light of its current asset base and revenue prospects.

The Company will exchange up to an aggregate of $89.2 million principal amount
    of Notes representing 75% of the currently outstanding Notes. The Exchange Offer
    is conditioned on a minimum of $83.2 million aggregate principal amount of Notes
    being validly tendered and not withdrawn. For each $1,000 principal amount of
    Notes, holders will receive consideration with a value not greater than $300 nor
    less than $250 (the "Exchange Consideration"), with such value determined by a
    "Modified Dutch Auction" procedure, plus accrued and unpaid interest to, but
    excluding, the settlement date payable in shares of Common Stock. A "Modified
    Dutch Auction" tender offer allows holders of the Notes to indicate the
    principal amount of Notes that such holders desire to tender and the
    consideration within the specified range at which they wish to tender such
    Notes. The mix of Exchange Consideration will consist of (i) $200 in cash, and
    (ii) a number of shares of Common Stock with a value equal to the Exchange
    Consideration minus $200 (the "Common Stock Portion", and such number of shares
    of our Common Stock being the "Common Stock Consideration"). The number of
    shares of Common Stock received by holders as part of the Exchange Consideration
    will equal the quotient obtained by dividing (x) the Common Stock Portion by (y)
    the average of the daily volume weighted average price of the Common Stock on
    the national securities exchange on which the Common Stock is listed or quoted
    for trading as reported by Bloomberg L.P. (based on a trading day from 9:30 a.m.
    (New York City time) to 4:02 p.m. (New York City time)) for the 10 trading days
    from and including May 19, 2009 to and including June 2, 2009 (the "10-day
    VWAP"). The Company will announce the 10-day VWAP prior to the opening of
    trading on June 3, 2009. Accrued and unpaid interest on Notes validly tendered
    and not withdrawn, up to, but not including, the date of exchange, will be
    exchanged for that number of shares of Common Stock determined by dividing (1)
    the amount of accrued and unpaid interest on a Note, by (2) the 10-day VWAP, and
    as further described herein. However, in no event will the aggregate number of
    shares of Common Stock Consideration plus the aggregate number of shares of
    Common Stock to be exchanged for accrued and unpaid interest exceed a maximum
    number of shares of our Common Stock (the "Common Stock Limit") to be disclosed
    in the Schedule TO (including the Offer to Exchange and related Letter of
    Transmittal) that will be filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange
    Commission ("SEC"). In the event the aggregate number of shares of Common Stock
    Consideration plus the aggregate number of shares of Common Stock to be
    exchanged for accrued and unpaid interest exceeds the Common Stock Limit, the
    Company will terminate the Exchange Offer.

The description of the Exchange Offer in this press release is only a summary
    and is qualified in its entirety by all of the terms and conditions of the
    Exchange Offer set forth in the Offer to Exchange and the Letter of Transmittal.
    As of May 11, 2009, approximately $118.9 million aggregate principal amount of
    the Notes were outstanding.

The portion of the Exchange Consideration consisting of cash will be paid for
    with cash on hand and/or a portion of the approximately $18.75 million aggregate
    net proceeds from the Company's issuance of shares of Common Stock and warrants
    to purchase shares of Common Stock to a third-party investor on May 11, 2009.
    The portion of the Exchange Consideration consisting of shares of Common Stock
    will consist of newly issued shares of Common Stock for that purpose.

The exchange offer is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in a
    Schedule TO (including the Offer to Exchange and related Letter of Transmittal)
    to be filed by CTI with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") today.

The exchange offer is scheduled to expire at 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009, unless the exchange offer is extended. Tendered Notes
    may be withdrawn at any time on or prior to the expiration date of the exchange
    offer.

If the aggregate amount of Notes validly tendered and not properly withdrawn on
    or prior to the expiration date at or below the Exchange Consideration exceeds
    the amount CTI is offering to exchange, CTI will accept for payment the Notes
    that are validly tendered and not properly withdrawn from the exchange offer at
    or below the Exchange Consideration on a pro rata basis from among the tendered
    Notes.

The financial advisor for the exchange offer is Piper Jaffray & Co., the
    information agent for the exchange offer is Georgeson Inc. and the depositary
    for the exchange offer is U.S. Bank National Association.

About Cell Therapeutics, Inc.

Headquartered in Seattle, CTI is a biopharmaceutical company committed to
    developing an integrated portfolio of oncology products aimed at making cancer
    more treatable. For additional information, please visit
    www.CellTherapeutics.com.

Exchange Offer Statement

This press release is for informational purposes only and is neither an offer to
    buy nor the solicitation of an offer to sell, any securities. The full details
    of the exchange offer, including complete instructions on how to tender the
    Notes, are included in the Offer to Exchange, the Letter of Transmittal and
    related materials, which are expected to be delivered to holders of the Notes
    shortly. Holders of the Notes should read carefully the Offer to Exchange, the
    Letter of Transmittal and other related materials when they are available
    because they will contain important information regarding the Exchange Offer.
    Holders of Notes may obtain free copies of the Offer to Exchange, the Letter of
    Transmittal and other related materials when filed with the SEC at the SEC's
    website at www.sec.gov. In addition, holders may also obtain a copy of these
    documents, free of charge, from Georgeson Inc., the information agent for the
    Exchange Offer.

Holders of the Notes who have questions or would like additional copies of the
    exchange offer documents may call the information agent at (800) 457-0759. Banks
    and brokerage firms may call (212) 440-9800.

While CTI's board of directors has approved the making of the Exchange Offer,
    none of CTI, its board of directors, the financial advisor, the information
    agent or the depositary makes any recommendation to any holder of the Notes as
    to whether to exchange or refrain from exchanging any Notes, or as to the value
    of the Exchange Consideration with the range specified by the Company at which
    holders may choose to exchange their Notes. CTI has not authorized any person to
    make any recommendation with respect to the Exchange Offer. Holders of the Notes
    must decide whether to exchange their Notes and, if so, the principal amount to
    exchange and the price or prices at which to exchange such Notes. In doing so,
    holders of the Notes should carefully evaluate all of the information in the
    Offer to Exchange, the related Letter of Transmittal and other related materials
    before making any decision with respect to the Exchange Offer and should consult
    their own investment and tax advisors.

Statements made herein other than statements of historical fact, including
    statements about CTI's business and financial condition, are forward-looking
    statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as
    amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. As
    forward-looking statements, they are subject to a number of uncertainties that
    could cause actual results to differ materially from the statements made.
    Reference is made to discussions about risks that may affect CTI in CTI's
    Schedule TO to be filed with the SEC today, and the section entitled "Risk
    Factors" under Item 1A of Part II of our Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the
    fiscal quarter ended March 31, 2009. We do not undertake any obligation to
    update forward-looking statements.

Media Contact:

Dan Eramian

T: 206.272.4343

C: 206.854.1200

E: media@ctiseattle.com

Investors Contact:

Ed Bell

T: 206.272.4345

Lindsey Jesch Logan

T: 206.272.4347

F: 206.272.4434

E: invest@ctiseattle.com

www.CellTherapeutics.com

SOURCE Cell Therapeutics, Inc.

URL: http://www.celltherapeutics.com

www.prnewswire.com

Guru
    05-12-2009, 03:27 PM #129

Ssccq

Quote Originally Posted by Stock Magician View Post
    Bill,
    I am also long on SSCCQ. I have a good feeling that it will work out. But I think it is going to take sometime and patience. This is one I am just filing away and forgetting about. I would like to see it push a dollar or more rather quickly when they emerge from Bankruptcy.

I also had some SHSNQ . . . but they disappeared. I think my money on that one tanked. They were coming out of Bankruptcy and so I took a chance on them with some lunch money. I read their statement when they came our of bankruptcy and it look promising and then "poof" they were gone.

Magician
    Magician -

They evaporated?? I didn't know that, they were around just a few days ago, right?

I am glad to hear that you are long on SSCCQ. We are building a brotherhood here with them. I think they are a terrific long IMO. They don't scare me in the least.

I am really glad that you are in here! I learn a lot from everybody's contributions.

Bill

Go SSCCQ! Smurf on!
    Last edited by billhart22; 05-12-2009 at 03:32 PM.

Guru
    05-12-2009, 03:31 PM #130
    ok well forget hayz sold it for 70 dollar loss haha i got my fix for the day. god im all over the place today rofl

Page 13 of 30 ... 3111213141523 ...