Page 2 of 14 123412 ...
    Enthusiast
    05-04-2009, 09:33 AM #11
    So is it true that Demian is banned?

05-04-2009, 09:44 AM #12
    Good Morning ......some news about Liberty Media this morning

DirectTV to merge with Liberty Media unit
    8:59a ET May 4, 2009 (MarketWatch)
    CHICAGO (MarketWatch) -- Satellite-television provider DIRECTV Group Inc. and Liberty Entertainment will be combined, Liberty Media said Monday, in a move that allows mogul John Malone to have more direct control over both operations.

Liberty Entertainment will be spun off from Liberty Media , as previously announced, and will now include 54% of the stock of DirecTV as well as Liberty Sports Holdings, a 65% interest in Game Show Network, Fun Technologies, and about $30 million in cash and $2 billion in debt.

To help service Liberty Entertainment's debt, DirecTV will provide it with up to $650 million in funding.

Liberty Entertainment and DirecTV will merge with the subsidiaries of a new unit that will be called DirecTV.

Terms of the deal call for DirecTV to now have two classes of stock. Class A shareholders are entitled to one vote per share, while Class B stockholders will be entitled to 15 votes per share.
    Last edited by chuckius; 05-04-2009 at 09:55 AM.

Mentor
    05-04-2009, 09:46 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by doobz26 View Post
    So is it true that Demian is banned?
    Not sure. But I do know he wont be posting here anymore(his words). "Banned" might a strong word, but I was a bit confused on the exact leaving conditions.

Guru
    05-04-2009, 09:46 AM #14
    sorry bout the date was tired when i did it and my brain was not working heh, well demian told me he was banned but charles just said he never was. So i dunno what to think.

Enthusiast
    05-04-2009, 09:48 AM #15
    this request was filed on the tenth of april I suspect this is first active testing using a group this large.the 25 repeaters will cover both sirius and xm spectrum based on the filing which was accepted on 5/1/2009

edit this could indicate both services could become available in other areas outside of the us if both services are feed to the ground repeater network, i take this as a plus for those south of the american border

heres the link

SAT-STA-20090410-00042 E
    Special Temporary Authority
    Date Filed: 04/10/2009 15:09:11:64000
    Sirius XM Radio Inc.
    Sirius XM Radio Inc. requests Special Temporary Authority for a period of 180 day to operate 25 terrestrial repeaters with an effective
    isotropically radiated power (EIRP) up to 2000 watts at specified locations throughout the United States. Sirius XM proposes to operate these
    repeaters in the 2320-2345 MHz frequency band allocated exclusively to the use of the Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service (SDARS).
    Last edited by tim wallick; 05-04-2009 at 09:52 AM. Reason: edit ad info

Guru
    05-04-2009, 11:04 AM #16
    well greg maffei was just on cnbc, he didnt mention siri. he just talked about the new deal with dtv and how they are buying back control from malone. for some reason siri has been going up since the iview. probaly wont do much though.

Addict
    05-04-2009, 11:11 AM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    well greg maffei was just on cnbc, he didnt mention siri. he just talked about the new deal with dtv and how they are buying back control from malone. for some reason siri has been going up since the iview. probaly wont do much though.
    did the interviewer mention SIRI and did Maffei ignore a reference or question about SIRI? I ask because there would be a difference if he just didn't mention it or chose to avoid mentioning SIRI.

If the interviewer didn't ask about SIRI, that's a lousy interviewer. It would be a logical question to ask by a reporter, because they always try to create stories.

I wouldn't expect Maffei to mention it because this deal is not related to SIRI...at least on the surface.

05-04-2009, 11:17 AM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaCaveDiver View Post
    I hate to bring the potential of bad news into the picture and I myself am not happy about it either.

Has anyone considered that our wonderful government has rescheduled their HORRIBLE bank "stress test" reports from this morning to THURSDAY?

I know what is in the report and it is bad. They have been "slow leaking" the data to try to reduce the effects on the market from happening at one time.

Thursday the entire mess is being released. SIRI just can not seem to get a break.

I sure do wish they would reschedule our results until Monday before open or something.

Just wanted to point out this important event.
    This just adds to my suspicions that Siri Xm will suprise announce after the close today, before the bell tomorrow (doubt that, but possible), or after the bell tomorrow. I loaded up on dec. options Fri with the thinking that

1) News may come out over the weekend (it didn't).
    2) Earnings will come out early. My guess, if they do release ahead of the CC, would be today or tomorrow after the bell. My thinking behind this is that the SP will have a bit of time to rise on the speculation of earnings before they are actually released (this is assuming good numbers).

05-04-2009, 11:26 AM #19
    Siri..Not going up. To bad because I thought it would. It has been stagnante for at least two weeks. I don't understand the buyout and what effect if any it will have at Siri. It probably will be a bad thing,if Liberty decides to take over,for Mel K anyway.Worse for the shareholders. They could potentially buy out Siri. They are excempt from the "Poison Pill". Am I wrong? Hope so.

Guru
    05-04-2009, 11:36 AM #20
    hey stkdn if u want to know the likely future of libery and siri's partnership look at how liberty has worked with time warner and dtv, they have been nothing but good for dtv and time warner, and that includes the shareholders. Siri was never brought up by anybody, interview wasnt about siri it was about dtv.

Page 2 of 14 123412 ...