Page 2 of 5 1234 ...
    Enthusiast
    05-01-2009, 11:02 AM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by js643dp View Post
    When did Warren say that........ let me guess September 15, 2000 when the price was 52.62
    heres what buffet said back in 1992.

It’s not that financial wizard Warren Buffett said that newspapers and broadcasters would run into trouble – it’s when he said it. He wrote it in a letter to shareholders of Berkshire Hathaway way back in 1992. His views were based on the difference between a franchise and a business.

Jack Shafer unearthed the comments in a recent article for internet magazine Slate.

Buffett said that to qualify as a franchise a business must be blessed with three things: something desired; something with no close substitute, and the absence of pricing regulation. The presence of the first two coupled with the absence of the third means the corporation will be able to set its price and customers will pay it.

Guru
    05-01-2009, 11:20 AM #12
    i only caught the tail of the radio show last night...anything interesting in the first half hour?

Guru
    05-01-2009, 11:21 AM #13
    this really sucks ass...how about anyone think we are going to fill the gap at i think down around .15 after the cc?

Mentor
    05-01-2009, 11:22 AM #14
    hey relmor ive been away for a week, just saw you became a celeb...GRATZ!!! lol

05-01-2009, 11:23 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    this really sucks ass...how about anyone think we are going to fill the gap at i think down around .15 after the cc?
    i'd be buying like a mamajama.

Mentor
    05-01-2009, 11:32 AM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallep View Post
    Wouldn't it be something if an acutal profit was claimed on Thursday? Even something as little like $2,000 for the whole company.
    Gallep,we already posted a profit in 4Q(first time ever),it was like 19k i think in FCF(free cash flow) and gross profit EBITDA(Earnings Before Interset Taxes Depreciation Adjustment) so i am fully expecting at least that for 1Q and guidance for greater than 300mil EBITDA for 2009 which was called for in Annual CC.with all the early sign ups and online feed money combined with Best of signups we should see in my opinion about 1 mil FCF or better for 1Q.
    it could be alot higher,just don't know numbers..
    Last edited by JohnnyIrishXM; 05-01-2009 at 11:45 AM.

05-01-2009, 11:36 AM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Gallep,we already posted a profit in 4Q(first time ever),it was like 19k i think in FCF(free cash flow) and gross profit EBITDA(earnings before interset depreciation adjustment) so i am fully expecting at least that for 1Q and guidance for greater than 300mil EBITDA for 2009 which was called for in Annual CC.with all the early sign ups and online feed money combined with Best of signups we should see in my opinion about 1 mil FCF or better for 1Q.
    it could be alot higher,just don't know numbers..
    Well f me side ways....

"What you'll never hear discussed is profit. There's a reason why: Sirius XM has never, ever, made it before. Not a single dime. Ever."

I read that from a Fool article a couple days ago, it's only 2 days old...

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...rstanding.aspx

Mentor
    05-01-2009, 11:37 AM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by tim wallick View Post
    heres what buffet said back in 1992.
    Buffett said that to qualify as a franchise a business must be blessed with three things: something desired; something with no close substitute, and the absence of pricing regulation. The presence of the first two coupled with the absence of the third means the corporation will be able to set its price and customers will pay it. Quote

Tim good quote,it is the reason i bought into SiriusXM after merger and any company for that matter..I take that quote as the gospel for finding Value companies in this crazy market..Monopolies in a subscription based bussiness model are like the utilities were before deregulation.You need it and you'll pay for it,especially after FM radio goes by the wayside like AM radio for Music.
    Last edited by JohnnyIrishXM; 05-01-2009 at 11:42 AM.

Mentor
    05-01-2009, 11:39 AM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallep View Post
    Well f me side ways....

"What you'll never hear discussed is profit. There's a reason why: Sirius XM has never, ever, made it before. Not a single dime. Ever."

I read that from a Fool article a couple days ago, it's only 2 days old...

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...rstanding.aspx
    The fool is named properly for an investing site,that's all i'll say about that(GUMP)

Mentor
    05-01-2009, 11:53 AM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by tim wallick View Post
    xm canada launched weather services yesterday..hope it helps with the bottom line .
    Tim a Tech Question for you,since i've seen your expertise posted here?

Could a subscription based music service be launched with the ANALOG airwaves that were auctioned off by the gov't.?

Page 2 of 5 1234 ...