Page 5 of 5 ... 345
    Guru
    05-01-2009, 10:00 PM #41
    The glory-essness of the XMP3 allows me to record the shows that I can't catch live, late at night...but i miss the shows that are on while im at work (because i can't stream and im using the xmp3 where theres no signal during the day)...imagine if I could just podcast them after work..(ha i don't have an ipod)

Say...for what $1 a 2 hour to 4 hour show? Now do that several times a month for several shows and you could get yourself into saving money by getting a subscription...

Whammy....
    Last edited by imromo24; 05-01-2009 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Felt like I needed to finish with "Whammy..." instead of "Yee Haw..."

05-02-2009, 10:15 PM #42
    When you make a mistake on a stock like this its hard to admit you screwd up. This stock has eaten me alive I have a high average around 3 bucks right now. The R/S, bankrupcy, and sheer ruthlessness of the shorts have taken a toll on me. I never got out even though the prospects looked dire. Here lately I see some hope with SIRI. What can I do to recoup money in this stock? I just got some powder amd Im readt to use it. I want opinions on what dips I should be looking for this week. I got to average down to even have a chance in getting my money back. I appreciate some ideas. Thanks

Guru
    05-03-2009, 02:40 AM #43

Averaging Down

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Luck View Post
    When you make a mistake on a stock like this its hard to admit you screwd up. This stock has eaten me alive I have a high average around 3 bucks right now. The R/S, bankrupcy, and sheer ruthlessness of the shorts have taken a toll on me. I never got out even though the prospects looked dire. Here lately I see some hope with SIRI. What can I do to recoup money in this stock? I just got some powder amd Im readt to use it. I want opinions on what dips I should be looking for this week. I got to average down to even have a chance in getting my money back. I appreciate some ideas. Thanks
    Personally, unless you really know how a stock reacts, I believe averaging down is one of the biggest pitfalls of any investor.

Take for instance...If you own OCNF or FREE or DRYS, you know that it will go back up. In this situation you can be glad that you averaged down, because you know it will go back up. It may take a while, but you know that they will go back up with time.

News is a big factor in any stock. (Enough said there, no news...a bad situation).

I have personally been stuck into stocks for a long time that suck. Eventually, I sell when I can find a move that will re-coup my losses and build higher.

Take a stock as numbers and not emotion. I do not have a clue what your investing experience is, but I thought I would share my rationale with you. Don't take this as guidance, but just something to provoke thought in your own mind.

If I am stuck big time, then sometimes it is best to throw the stocks into a drawer (so to speak) and let them go or sell and reinvest in something that will make you money. Yes, you may lose some money, but then again you can make some money. Not every stock makes you money. Some people believe that throwing more money on a stock will help them. Sometimes it does, but the majority of the time it doesn't. My thought is "Don't chase any stock, let it chase you..up or down". Don't average down unless you have real leverage and know what a stock will do.

Those are just some of my thoughts...I could be completely wrong for your situation, but what the hay?

Have a great weekend....

Bill

Addict
    05-03-2009, 12:54 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by js643dp View Post
    When did Warren say that........ let me guess September 15, 2000 when the price was 52.62
    Very funny. The only stock companies that have such swing potential are the pharmas, a few techs and perhaps the internet (although the internet boom was a few years ago). From cents into... the wild.

Sirius will get into the 30's allright... perhaps during this century ? LOL

Addict
    05-03-2009, 01:04 PM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Luck View Post
    If you have capital to commit, do not buy straight out... sell the option puts or buy the calls (personally I like selling the puts). That way you get exposure and may be able to buy at a discount.

Page 5 of 5 ... 345