Page 1 of 6 123 ...
    Mentor
    04-30-2009, 03:21 AM #1

SIRI Intraday Thread: Thursday April 30

The question of the SEC filing has been solved by homer...

But how will the street react to the news? We will find out today.

Enthusiast
    04-30-2009, 05:27 AM #2
    heres a bit of interesting thoughts from tmfassociates.com on the satellite industry.i think his theory on what Charlie ergan and Joe Clayton were up to is most likely correct. and lets not forget one of the primary lawyers used in the siri/xm merger is now the top lawyer for msv which dish also maintains an investment in.

you need to click on the blog link

but i do wonder if the service planed by Hughes telematics can deliver on a similar type service....well if only Leon black would have his people speak a little louder on this issue, does he still want to include sdars as he mentioned in the past.

does Apollo still own Hughes network systems.which developed the telematics platform for apollo/hughes or was that the part that was sold off to the folks over at skyterra.

oh what a tangle of business deals and bed partners
    Last edited by tim wallick; 04-30-2009 at 07:15 AM. Reason: error

Enthusiast
    04-30-2009, 07:53 AM #3

april auto sales data tomorrow

heres the link

By Alex Ortolani and Keith Naughton

April 30 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. annual auto-sales rate for April may be unchanged from the previous month signaling that the market reached bottom.

New cars and light trucks sold at a 9.9 million yearly pace this month, according to the average estimate of seven analysts surveyed by Bloomberg. That would be unchanged from March, after a 9.1 million rate in February that was the lowest since 1981. For all of 2008, sales totaled 13.2 million. Automakers report April results tomorrow.

Guru
    04-30-2009, 08:21 AM #4
    Newman, I dont know about the rest but I would be buying as much of the stock as possible to average down. If there is one thing this poison pill has shown me is that while the PPS will never be able to get to the PPS it was once at, it will also go up alot more then it is at present. Liberty is the reason for both. Liberty will make sure the company does well but will take control of it before it does to well. I would suggest if someone wanted to investin the long term of satellite radio they now buy Liberty stock.

Guru
    04-30-2009, 09:08 AM #5
    im not too happy so far about the analysis of this SH rights deal...but one thing that i do like is the statement that it locks current shareholders into part owners of the NOL, which gives me the feeling like its an olive branch thrown to us...however, its more like the little guy (us) riding the coattails of the big guy (liberty)

Guru
    04-30-2009, 09:09 AM #6
    i do however like the fact that there is action and news...silence sucks.

Guru
    04-30-2009, 09:16 AM #7
    wow...satwaves has turned ultra G@y

Guru
    04-30-2009, 09:20 AM #8
    any guesses today? I wouldn't want to be holding a short position today...or keep it for the next 6 days (prior to cc)

04-30-2009, 09:35 AM #9
    Imromo....ur siri money is gnoe. Two days in a row stock has been take down 5% at 9:28....sneeky. I know that means nothing to a baller like trip, but it is interesting. I read your posts and you picked up 35 mores shares yesterday...good stuff....I love people who are not afraid of the sell button.

Addict
    04-30-2009, 09:43 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Imromo....ur siri money is gnoe. Two days in a row stock has been take down 5% at 9:28....sneeky. I know that means nothing to a baller like trip, but it is interesting. I read your posts and you picked up 35 mores shares yesterday...good stuff....I love people who are not afraid of the sell button.
    SIRI $ Gone? Sorry, don't follow you. With stock below a buck and Liberty driving the train, how could any investment with avg pricing way below a buck be money lost? NO WAY! did you read the latest news re poison pill provision?

Page 1 of 6 123 ...