Page 3 of 6 12345 ...
    04-30-2009, 11:02 AM #21
    Tons of stocks in the green today and we can't get a penny on the board, we are the biggest group of losers on earth. Yesterday the market was green also, what did we pick up? Not much. Siri announced they will protect they losses going forward, good news....any bounce, nope. If I nail this CC call and the move of the price I will be convinced this stock will not trade higher until we make our first actual dollar of profit.

Addict
    04-30-2009, 11:13 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Tons of stocks in the green today and we can't get a penny on the board, we are the biggest group of losers on earth. Yesterday the market was green also, what did we pick up? Not much. Siri announced they will protect they losses going forward, good news....any bounce, nope. If I nail this CC call and the move of the price I will be convinced this stock will not trade higher until we make our first actual dollar of profit.
    I hear you...but....why did it spike to .62 two weeks ago? who knows? Market stuff just happens...sometimes it correlates to biz news, world news, no news, who the F knows what. There are plenty of stocks that fly with no profit. I think Google played that game for years and I recall analysts scratching their heads at the time trying to figure out why. Well, now we know why. Investors saw something analysts didn't. This could happen here too (not saying just like Google, but you get the point). Libety makes this crap stock potentially less crappy. I do agree that we probably won't see $5 with no profits, but I can see easily breaking a buck with a great CC and beat the street Q1. Q2 and Q3 will have huge potential impact, good or bad.
    Point is, it's a spec stock....that's the only way to look at it. It's a monopoly and is the ONLY viable technology to broadcast top content to automobiles on the move anywhere in the U.S. that is no small thing. Internet radio via WiFi and WiMax and cell based are ok, but they are not going to be free, and they are not that great (technology and content). S-XM is here now....not two or three years from now.

04-30-2009, 11:21 AM #23
    Point well taken. Your last paragraph is what cracks me up...the positives alone should get us to 2$

If the market continues this climb and we finish in red, WTF do we have to do trade up more than down.

Have a good day.

Guru
    04-30-2009, 11:22 AM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    Interesting....
    two points though:

First, I see your logic of incremental gains. There is no doubt that approach is more conservative since you are reaping profits at some price point you decide, either in advance as a strategy, or as it happens to unfold and you make a quick decision. However, there is an absolute opportunity cost in doing this, for the obvious reason that to buy back in will yield fewer shares with the same $. Yes, if stock retraces, you can get back in with the same or less $. But, if it continues to move up, you now have a lost opportunity cost, either by deciding not to re-enter the game on that stock, or buying fewer shares with your orig $, or equivalent or more shares with more of your $.

Second: how did Mel take your money?

Sorry Big Ben if it was not as clear as this above??????????....... dhaa...., but this was exactly what I was saying about the loss you just would have had if the PPS went up.

Now as for your last comment about SIRIXM not going up today well have you seen the news on Chrysler? That would directly effect SIRIXM and not in a good way. You see people look at that and say well a big contributor to SIRIXM subcriber base will not be there anymore. Weather it is true or not that is what people will think. there by putting a big drag on SIRIXM.

Mentor
    04-30-2009, 11:28 AM #25
    Patience. Technicals are stronger than fundamentals right now. And with the C. BK on the table, Im no so sad about that right now. Were locked in a 4 more day consolidation period. We can break out on the CC. They are making us hold over the CC. No cheap money. MM's did another good job this week. They gave us some good buying opportunities, we should all call and thank them.

Addict
    04-30-2009, 11:28 AM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Sorry Big Ben if it was not as clear as this above??????????....... dhaa...., but this was exactly what I was saying about the loss you just would have had if the PPS went up.

Now as for your last comment about SIRIXM not going up today well have you seen the news on Chrysler? That would directly effect SIRIXM and not in a good way. You see people look at that and say well a big contributor to SIRIXM subcriber base will not be there anymore. Weather it is true or not that is what people will think. there by putting a big drag on SIRIXM.
    Yup....good point on Chrysler. I didn't make that correlation, but you are absolutely right....a drag on SP today. Could be a move to get a deal 5 mins before they walk into fed court to file BK actually. Bond holders may blink. We shall see.

Guru
    04-30-2009, 11:40 AM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    Yup....good point on Chrysler. I didn't make that correlation, but you are absolutely right....a drag on SP today. Could be a move to get a deal 5 mins before they walk into fed court to file BK actually. Bond holders may blink. We shall see.

Just as a side note.

After looking at the deals that Chrysler, and GM had on the table if not bankruptcy, I think the share holders of SIRIXM got off lucky. We (shareholders) were screwed but they would have been really screwed. Hell if I had shares in ether of them I would have said screw it go bankrupt. I'll be damed if all we get is 1 to 5% of the company and everyone else gets the rest. I would rather we all go down with the ship. That maybe what happens anyway in a bankruptcy but at least it isn't just the shareholders paying the price.

Head Honcho
    04-30-2009, 11:42 AM #28

No Buyer In The Wings

Speculation that a buyer is waiting in the wings was a topic of discussion/concern yesterday.

The poison pill protects Liberty and their investment as well as regular shareholders. Libery can still gain 9.9% in shares without triggering anything. This would put their total investment to 49.9%.

There are only 7 trading days left for "open season without the poison pill".

If a serious suitor were out there, and they did not have board approval, they would have no choice but to buy up as much common as possible prior to the 11th of May. Given today's action, such a suitor does not seem to be out there.

Bottom line. Liberty is protecting their investment, and now potential suitors can be held at bay until such time that Liberty can buy above the 49.9% level if they so desire.

What this means. Liberty will fkeep the company afloat if only to guarantee that they get payments on their loans. Liberty will not have to worry about accelerating their pace because another person/entity begins buying up stock.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Mentor
    04-30-2009, 11:57 AM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    Speculation that a buyer is waiting in the wings was a topic of discussion/concern yesterday.

The poison pill protects Liberty and their investment as well as regular shareholders. Libery can still gain 9.9% in shares without triggering anything. This would put their total investment to 49.9%.

There are only 7 trading days left for "open season without the poison pill".

If a serious suitor were out there, and they did not have board approval, they would have no choice but to buy up as much common as possible prior to the 11th of May. Given today's action, such a suitor does not seem to be out there.

Bottom line. Liberty is protecting their investment, and now potential suitors can be held at bay until such time that Liberty can buy above the 49.9% level if they so desire.

What this means. Liberty will fkeep the company afloat if only to guarantee that they get payments on their loans. Liberty will not have to worry about accelerating their pace because another person/entity begins buying up stock.
    Or so THEY want you to think that!!!
    I agree Tyler. If someone was acquiring shares to get to 5% we would have already heard about it. If this news panicked that buyer, we are definately not seeing it. My scenario of a possible spike up today based on this possibilty is fading fast......

Addict
    04-30-2009, 11:59 AM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Just as a side note.

After looking at the deals that Chrysler, and GM had on the table if not bankruptcy, I think the share holders of SIRIXM got off lucky. We (shareholders) were screwed but they would have been really screwed. Hell if I had shares in ether of them I would have said screw it go bankrupt. I'll be damed if all we get is 1 to 5% of the company and everyone else gets the rest. I would rather we all go down with the ship. That maybe what happens anyway in a bankruptcy but at least it isn't just the shareholders paying the price.
    Chrysler a private company...no shareholders to get screwed. In BK, common shareholders usually wiped out because they junior to all other investors and in BK court, there's usually nothing left for the shareholders. I guess in a Chapter 11 restructure BK, I suppose it's possible shareholders survive, but not sure. GM probably going to avoid BK, but even if they go BK, it would be Chapter 11 restructure.

Page 3 of 6 12345 ...