Page 4 of 6 ... 23456
    Guru
    04-30-2009, 12:11 PM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    Chrysler a private company...no shareholders to get screwed. In BK, common shareholders usually wiped out because they junior to all other investors and in BK court, there's usually nothing left for the shareholders. I guess in a Chapter 11 restructure BK, I suppose it's possible shareholders survive, but not sure. GM probably going to avoid BK, but even if they go BK, it would be Chapter 11 restructure.

I am sorry underway I included Chrysler as part of that shareholder deal. The 1 to 5 % left for shareholders is the deal that is in front of GM. That was my fault for the misleading though. My brain and typing skills are at two different levels.

In the deal with GM the basic owners would be the government and the union (pension fund).
    Last edited by john; 04-30-2009 at 12:17 PM.

Addict
    04-30-2009, 12:31 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I am sorry underway I included Chrysler as part of that shareholder deal. The 1 to 5 % left for shareholders is the deal that is in front of GM. That was my fault for the misleading though. My brain and typing skills are at two different levels.

In the deal with GM the basic owners would be the government and the union (pension fund).
    hey john...no prob...no apology necessary!

04-30-2009, 12:43 PM #33
    SiriXM what? Everything in the green but SiriXM.Ford on the way up.Maybe I am missing something but isn't SiriXM and the auto industry somehow connected? Stagnate yet another day.

Mentor
    04-30-2009, 12:53 PM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by stkdn View Post
    SiriXM what? Everything in the green but SiriXM.Ford on the way up.Maybe I am missing something but isn't SiriXM and the auto industry somehow connected? Stagnate yet another day.
    Id say you missed quite a lot my man. Plenty of time to catch up.

Enthusiast
    04-30-2009, 01:13 PM #35
    anybody know if this steaming headline today about pennystockexplosion.com is worth any credence? They claim SIRI is one of their picks today presumably to "explode"... i just don't have access to click on their free trial to read what they say nor do I want to but maybe one of you guys heard of them?

Addict
    04-30-2009, 01:29 PM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by dmo2424 View Post
    anybody know if this steaming headline today about pennystockexplosion.com is worth any credence? They claim SIRI is one of their picks today presumably to "explode"... i just don't have access to click on their free trial to read what they say nor do I want to but maybe one of you guys heard of them?
    They post their "articles" regularly....good ploy to get free advertising. I've never clicked on their stuff though, so I don't know what they actually say about the stocks they mention. SIRI has been in their ad regularly. It's probably a software program that picks penny stocks based on some criteria and then throws the stock symbol in their ad and away it goes, released as if it were news.

04-30-2009, 02:20 PM #37
    Ouch, just lost my butt on ELI.... It's getting de-listed

Addict
    04-30-2009, 02:26 PM #38
    that really sux...sorry....

04-30-2009, 02:31 PM #39
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    that really sux...sorry....
    It was a real shitty move on ELI's part, they just volunteered to do it. Oh well. http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/...0News/2301146/

Sorry bout the off-topic crap. I had to vent somewhere

Good thing came out of this though, with what little I escaped out with from ELI I picked up more SIRI @ $.39 WOOOHOOO!

04-30-2009, 03:47 PM #40
    Hi, I sell on the spikes and buy back on the dips. I know one day there might not be a dip after a spike in which case I will be out in the cold but so far SIRI has paid over 5k in profits and my current position is larger then before my last sale (sold at .58 and re bought at between .45 and .38 so my avg is still lower then present SP)
    I just cannot force myself not to take profits when they are offered.
    The difficult thing recently is SIRI is not trading to the old reliable pattern of opening above the close and then dropping to close below the open but above previous close. Then you always knew to sell at open and rebuy in afternoon at days low only to see the price go up before close. (you were never red at end of day)
    5k in profits may not seem like much to some but it is what buys my beer nowdays.

Page 4 of 6 ... 23456