Page 6 of 6 ... 456
    Guru
    04-30-2009, 08:04 AM #51
    This maybe a reverse, me confirming homer. I dont like this one bit. I believe it is a poison to protect Liberty. This is what I was talking about before in the thread "poison pill alternative" a while back. The fact this arrangement makes it clear that Liberty still can buy all the shares they want and not be affected by this poison pill should make it clear who is controling the strings of this play and who it benefits. At this point I would buy all the shares you can to average down as much as you can because on the good side it will go up. It is just going to get cut short of the great PPS that it would have been in the distant future. I think if you want to invest in satellite radios future then you should start to buy Libertys stock.

Mentor
    04-30-2009, 08:37 AM #52
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    This maybe a reverse, me confirming homer. I dont like this one bit. I believe it is a poison to protect Liberty. This is what I was talking about before in the thread "poison pill alternative" a while back. The fact this arrangement makes it clear that Liberty still can buy all the shares they want and not be affected by this poison pill should make it clear who is controling the strings of this play and who it benefits. At this point I would buy all the shares you can to average down as much as you can because on the good side it will go up. It is just going to get cut short of the great PPS that it would have been in the distant future. I think if you want to invest in satellite radios future then you should start to buy Libertys stock.
    Agree John,but it is pretty ambigous(sic) because Siri's board decides who is a unwanted suitor with the 5% aquiring of shares,so obviously they know someone who is accumulating shares(Ergen ?) who they don't want gumming up the works with regard to the NOL,and causing massive dilution with the rights issue..but if anyone buys siri before 3 year time frame 80% of NOL is lost to new owners,so it is someone with sinister intentions that would cause Liberty's loss of one of Siri's prized assett's.....Again i only come up with Ergen?
    Last edited by JohnnyIrishXM; 04-30-2009 at 08:39 AM.

Addict
    04-30-2009, 09:11 AM #53
    I've read this thread with great interest, and I thank all of you for great info and analysis. Very helpful!! People out there pay a lot for this type of market analysis, which is not as insightful as provided here. Well done!
    IMHO, I believe this poison pill is to preserve Liberty's position and the NOL for tax purposes, and nothing more (and perhaps targeted against a move by Ergen to steal the company from Malone) I think that's a good thing for shareholders. Now, let's see what the market thinks....we're up a bit in PM.

04-30-2009, 03:27 PM #54

Follow up...

Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    There are no restrictions in cross-ownership between DBS and DARS. In fact, there are no cross-ownership restrictions on DARS at all (anymore, now that the FCC lifted the ban on both licenses being held by one common owner).

I would also think that the FCC would welcome the move - if it is proven to be beneficial to the public that the company be under control of Liberty.

-------
    So, Homer, based on your opinions and interpretations, the likelihood is that Liberty is buying SXM for the purposes of an incredible tax break. If that is the case, and in 3 years from now they do the following, please describe what it might possibly mean from a shareholders perspective:
    1. Liberty goes over 50% ownership in SXM (but not 100%).

2. Liberty buys 100% of SXM (which I think would mean SXM went private, right?).

Your reply to these questions is greatly appreciated; thanks for your time on them.

KR

05-01-2009, 06:33 PM #55
    evyerone is talking about avg down i am thinking about adding to my share count which would bring my avg up. Thoughts on risks of going down from here?

Guru
    05-01-2009, 07:31 PM #56
    i think right now you need to think about how soon you need your money back...if its quickly you may want to wait IMO but im no professional...

Mentor
    05-01-2009, 08:05 PM #57
    Quote Originally Posted by LT LT LT View Post
    evyerone is talking about avg down i am thinking about adding to my share count which would bring my avg up. Thoughts on risks of going down from here?
    It's probably about 50-50 which way it will go after 1Q IMHO,know that sounds wishy washy(John) but i believe to do nothing until after 1Q is announced is prudent here..IMHO but dyodd..

05-01-2009, 08:49 PM #58
    ...well I am sitting with my shares through the CC BUT I have some money on the sidelines if the share price drops... However, I think it will be positive

Guru
    05-01-2009, 08:52 PM #59
    just read this in my newsletter

SIRIUS XM Online and On Demand Radio, via Podcasts

05-02-2009, 03:17 AM #60
    Quote Originally Posted by ZealonsUnited View Post
    ...well I am sitting with my shares through the CC BUT I have some money on the sidelines if the share price drops... However, I think it will be positive
    this is most convincing to me

Page 6 of 6 ... 456