Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: SIRI Intraday: Wednesday April 29th

  1. #21
    trippingthespeculatingpos is offline
    Guru
    trippingthespeculatingpos's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Location: San Antonio Posts: 2,884
    yeah etrade cant compete with td, i dont think any broker can compete with td, ive been with them for 5 months and im still finding new features, not to mention my free checking and debit card which i signed up for today. i think alot of these brokers are seeing a mass exodus to TD

  2. #22
    mrmertz is offline
    Enthusiast
    mrmertz's Avatar
    Joined: Apr 2009 Location: Tucson AZ Posts: 193
    With the boring news coming out today from the interview coupled with the auto industry floating around like a dead fish yes, this is definately not a day trading or even an active traders stock. I'm just waiting for it to to rise some so I can break even and get outta this stagnation with SIRI. As Malone has stated there may be something down the road for Sirius with Liberty's ventures...just not for quite a while. Ugh. I'll bail as soon as I'm able - unless of course somebody can prove me otherwise.

  3. #23
    stkdn is offline
    Member
    stkdn's Avatar
    Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 44
    Been flat ever since it went to 62 cents. I hope something happens tomorrow.

  4. #24
    Gallep is offline
    Senior Member
    Gallep's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: Denver, CO Posts: 271
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    yeah etrade cant compete with td, i dont think any broker can compete with td, ive been with them for 5 months and im still finding new features, not to mention my free checking and debit card which i signed up for today. i think alot of these brokers are seeing a mass exodus to TD

    Yeah about that....

    It's taken me 7 weeks to transfer my account from Sharebuilder to TD. Sharebuilder has been able to prolong this process by "misplacing" a tracked and signed of reciept package from TD via UPS. JUST yesterday I've received a message stating that the process has now begun...which will take 10-15 days.

  5. #25
    deathlessvishanti is offline
    Junior Member
    deathlessvishanti's Avatar
    Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallep View Post
    Yeah about that....

    It's taken me 7 weeks to transfer my account from Sharebuilder to TD. Sharebuilder has been able to prolong this process by "misplacing" a tracked and signed of reciept package from TD via UPS. JUST yesterday I've received a message stating that the process has now begun...which will take 10-15 days.
    Hey, I've been lurking a while, thought I'd say hello.

    Yeah, I am trying to get out of Sharebuilder's clutches as well. They don't have Automatic Account Transfer so everything's transferred manually and takes forever. I'm trying to switch over to TD as well, they only charge the $9.95 or whatever for any trade as opposed to Sharebuilder's large surplus order charge over 1000 shares where they charge you .025% on the principal balance plus the $9.95. I'm done with Sharebuilder (well that is at least I will be a month from now or however long this purgatorial process lasts)

    Now here's to some eventual and sirius upward movement!

  6. #26
    GoHerdGreg is offline
    Senior Member
    GoHerdGreg's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Location: WV Posts: 314
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallep View Post
    Yeah about that....

    It's taken me 7 weeks to transfer my account from Sharebuilder to TD. Sharebuilder has been able to prolong this process by "misplacing" a tracked and signed of reciept package from TD via UPS. JUST yesterday I've received a message stating that the process has now begun...which will take 10-15 days.
    I just went through this, too.

    The good news: That "10-15 days" warning really means 1-3 days.
    I looked at my TDA account the very next day after receiving that notice, and poof, all my funds were in there.

    Hang in there.

  7. #27
    Newman is offline
    Mentor
    Newman's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Location: Dallas Texas Posts: 1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Nope. I just heard the radio report. Being sent for confimation, this right before she said it was confirmed. Why you cant trust anything you hear. 10000 flu deaths a year in this country. 1 is not news. New strand or not, its called the cycle of life. No reason to not be cautious, of course. But its being way over blown.
    The area that they came into the United States (Brownsville TX) is 30 miles from where I used to live, and actually where I am currently going to school by internet.

    Did ANYONE catch that this kid had been running a fever for 5 days before he was hospitalized? From working healthcare down there, I have very little doubt that the child was nearly dead before he ever was taken to the hospital. I have seen it way too many times. I may make a couple of phone calls to my friends who work there (in the emergency room) to confirm.

    The society down there is extremely poor and most wait way too long before seeking medical help. The report also did not mention if the child was legally in the US either. If they were illegal, they REALLY wait until last minute to seek help, because they are affraid of deportation, which is unfortunate because the hospital is restricted BY LAW from calling any type of immigration authorities.

    This swine flu had gotten totally out of control. I am not talking about the flu itself, I am talking about the medias coverage of it. If we thought that the recession talk was killing our economy, this is even worse.

    Like Relmor said: The REGULAR flu kills thousands every single year in the United States. This has killed ONE. The lengths that the states and governments are forcing hospitals to go to is insane. I worked yesterday... lets just say I am glad I have the next couple of days off.

    When someone comes to the hospital and says "I think I have Swine Flu" but does not even know what it is? That is media-induced hysteria. I want the media to create a disease called "ImAMoronItis". That way when people come in saying "I have ImAMoronItis" we can say yes you do.

    As we say in the medical field "Stupidity is seldom fatal, but it is chronic."

  8. #28
    underway is offline
    Addict
    underway's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 521
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    The area that they came into the United States (Brownsville TX) is 30 miles from where I used to live, and actually where I am currently going to school by internet.

    Did ANYONE catch that this kid had been running a fever for 5 days before he was hospitalized? From working healthcare down there, I have very little doubt that the child was nearly dead before he ever was taken to the hospital. I have seen it way too many times. I may make a couple of phone calls to my friends who work there (in the emergency room) to confirm.

    The society down there is extremely poor and most wait way too long before seeking medical help. The report also did not mention if the child was legally in the US either. If they were illegal, they REALLY wait until last minute to seek help, because they are affraid of deportation, which is unfortunate because the hospital is restricted BY LAW from calling any type of immigration authorities.

    This swine flu had gotten totally out of control. I am not talking about the flu itself, I am talking about the medias coverage of it. If we thought that the recession talk was killing our economy, this is even worse.

    Like Relmor said: The REGULAR flu kills thousands every single year in the United States. This has killed ONE. The lengths that the states and governments are forcing hospitals to go to is insane. I worked yesterday... lets just say I am glad I have the next couple of days off.

    When someone comes to the hospital and says "I think I have Swine Flu" but does not even know what it is? That is media-induced hysteria. I want the media to create a disease called "ImAMoronItis". That way when people come in saying "I have ImAMoronItis" we can say yes you do.

    As we say in the medical field "Stupidity is seldom fatal, but it is chronic."
    Absolutely correct. The poor baby didn't have a chance. The media should be reporting on the number of deaths in Mexico each year from regular flu. I'm sure it's a huge number. The U.S. number is over 30,000 per year. That would give this context. With headlines showing 150 Mexican deaths, and now 1 baby "in the U.S.", it starts a semi-panic. Stupid. Especially since the baby was from Mexico, and apparently taken to the U.S. after gravely ill. So, the baby developed swine flu in Mexico, deteriorated in Mexico due to lack of care, but technically is now a U.S. death. Ridiculous.

  9. #29
    Gallep is offline
    Senior Member
    Gallep's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: Denver, CO Posts: 271
    I'm calling a .40 close today

  10. #30
    trippingthespeculatingpos is offline
    Guru
    trippingthespeculatingpos's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Location: San Antonio Posts: 2,884
    bleh
    EDIT: read it wrong obviously.

    http://investor.sirius.com/releasede...leaseID=380583


    SIRIUS XM Radio Creates 'First 100 Days Radio,' Three-Day Channel Dedicated to President Barack Obama's First 100 Days in Office
    Last update: 4/29/2009 2:51:00 PM
    --Tells the story of Barack Obama's First Hundred Days in his own words featuring key moments of his most important speeches
    NEW YORK, April 29, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio (SIRI) today announced it will launch First 100 Days Radio, a special non-stop channel dedicated to President Barack Obama's first 100 days in office. First 100 Days Radio will feature all the significant milestones from the Obama presidency in President Obama's own words in an audio documentary created by SIRIUS XM's exclusive P.O.T.U.S., Politics of the United States, channel. The special channel will air Thursday, April 30 through Saturday, May 2, on SIRIUS channel 113 and XM channel 120.
    The First 100 Days Radio channel will broadcast the President's own words, unfiltered by political pundits and partisan commentary. This unique broadcast will explore every side of the Obama story, from his historic inaugural address; signing the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, his first bill signed into law; his first news conference from February 9; and the G-20 speech he delivered on his first trip overseas, and more.
    The "100 Days in 100 Minutes" audio documentary will also premiere on P.O.T.U.S., SIRIUS channel 110 and XM channel 130, on Wednesday, April 29 starting at 6 pm ET.
    SIRIUS XM Radio's P.O.T.U.S., Politics of the United States, channel, originally created to cover the 2008 Presidential election, bridges the gap between the politics of the White House and the issues that matter most to Americans, broadcasting an independent forum for political news and discussion. SIRIUS XM listeners will hear an unbiased roundup of the major speeches, news conferences, stories and other events that shape political discussion throughout the day as well as exclusive shows hosted by Pete Dominick, Tim Farley and Joe Mathieu.
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 04-29-2009 at 03:34 PM.

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •