Page 2 of 5 1234 ...
    04-29-2009, 10:53 AM #11

Has anyone read the malone article from the denver post

There is some interesting stuff,

"They( I am guessin he means Charlie Ergan) have their terrestrial repeating network, which is 800 sites now, and the frequencies they have. The question is: can you blend that all together? And obviously we’re now deeply involved in the Sirius thing, and we think we’re going to win. We’ll see."

Tell me what you guys think. I think he knows what we want to know and what we have been waiting for. Does that sound right...............

Addict
    04-29-2009, 10:57 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by LOWBIDR View Post
    There is some interesting stuff,

"They( I am guessin he means Charlie Ergan) have their terrestrial repeating network, which is 800 sites now, and the frequencies they have. The question is: can you blend that all together? And obviously we’re now deeply involved in the Sirius thing, and we think we’re going to win. We’ll see."

Tell me what you guys think. I think he knows what we want to know and what we have been waiting for. Does that sound right...............
    the 'they' in this statement is SIRI, not Ergan. Dishnetwork doesn't have ground repeaters. Sirius-XM have ground repeaters.

04-29-2009, 11:10 AM #13
    the swine flu death has now occurred IN the US.

This will mean different things to different people with different positions, socially and financially.

note: I'll spare you all my political views and simply say that I tend to take the Horton the Elephant approach - "people are people no matter how big or small".

In any case, CYOA

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/30/he...tml?ref=health

my avatar: Yeah, there's nothing more creepy than a guy with huge radiant teeth. Perhaps I'm subconsciously trying to compete with Newman. Now *that* is a creepy avatar - scares the bejeezus outa me.

Mentor
    04-29-2009, 11:15 AM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post

This will mean different things to different people with different positions, socially and financially.

note: I'll spare you all my political views and simply say that I tend to take the Horton the Elephant approach - "people are people no matter how big or small".

In any case, CYOA

my avatar: Yeah, there's nothing more creepy than a guy with huge radiant teeth. Perhaps I'm subconsciously trying to compete with Newman. Now *that* is a creepy avatar - scares the bejeezus outa me.
    Nope. I just heard the radio report. Being sent for confimation, this right before she said it was confirmed. Why you cant trust anything you hear. 10000 flu deaths a year in this country. 1 is not news. New strand or not, its called the cycle of life. No reason to not be cautious, of course. But its being way over blown.

Guru
    04-29-2009, 11:16 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    New management will show improvements in that area. You dont jump into a long established company, and turn the boat over overnight. Let them research the market, make decisions, and execute a plan. Malone is a winner. Mel is a winner. Bitch about how they do it, but the end game is in sight now.
    i am banking on it!

Hopefuls avatar looks like a big black dog puking...

Mentor
    04-29-2009, 11:26 AM #16
    Good morning everyone! where is Newman at with the sticky's for the intraday threads,he is MIA...site is going to hell in a hand basket in a hurry.

Guru
    04-29-2009, 11:26 AM #17
    yes yes mel, you are one passionate sob, now passionately get out there and pump this company!!!

Addict
    04-29-2009, 11:36 AM #18
    Trippin...no more LVLT for you? Look at ETFC down .76 today.

Addict
    04-29-2009, 11:38 AM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post

In any case, CYOA

This swine flu thing is WAY overblown. there are actually around 23,000 U.S. deaths per year from the 'flu', all types of strains. The Mexico situation is not comparable to the U.S. People there do NOT go to the doctor when they get the flu, so, they experience higher mortality rates in general. And, apparently the baby that died in the U.S. was from Mexico....so....good chance that baby was not taken for medical care at the onset of the disease, which is a huge difference. There will be deaths from swine flu here if it spreads to a large portion of the population, but probably no different than we see from the usual flu each year. But the media is having fun with this...they love this sh$t. Increases ratings. A$$holes.
    Last edited by underway; 04-29-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Addict
    04-29-2009, 11:40 AM #20
    Notice no more bashing of oil now..the talking heads all love new BS headlines.

Page 2 of 5 1234 ...