06-04-2007, 06:02 PM #1

Artie is back and the back peddling has begun

Not only was Artie Lange in studio today but he lead off the show by correcting Howard by saying "I never said I was leaving" and added "I said I might be leaving in January." Looks like someone talked some sense into Artie over the weekend.

06-11-2007, 11:50 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    Not only was Artie Lange in studio today but he lead off the show by correcting Howard by saying "I never said I was leaving" and added "I said I might be leaving in January." Looks like someone talked some sense into Artie over the weekend.
    Sense and the Howard Stern show? LOL

I contend it doesn’t exist. A few examples ….

Robins coffee enemas

Dr Ronnie

Colonics

Howard blaming the merger delay on people disliking HIM (everything is about Howard and the staff of nodding heads agreeing) and not the fact that XM and Sirius agreed NOT TO MERGE as part of the deal to get its operating licenses from the FCC. Surely the delay and issues the merger has raised is caused by Howard and not the agreements these companies made with the FCC.

Howard reading antiwar quotes from George McGovern. Howard was full of WAR FEVER after 9-11, that must have been another Howard Stern since the current would never be a war lord.

Artie. 300lb on again off again heroin user

Head Honcho
    06-11-2007, 05:14 PM #3
    You don't think there is a chance the NAB is more involved in trying to thwart this merger because of Howard? Don't get me wrong HE is not the reason there are merger issues but, if he was still at terrestrial radio they would not be as concerned. Satellite became more of a threat to terrestrial when Howard came over. That is painfully obvious just by looking at what happened at krok.

Now, do I think he sounds like an idiot when he talks like that? Of course I do but, that is who he is...either you like him or you don't.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-11-2007, 05:19 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Howard reading antiwar quotes from George McGovern. Howard was full of WAR FEVER after 9-11, that must have been another Howard Stern since the current would never be a war lord.
    I think that is pretty typical point of view in the U.S. now, its hardly special. After 9-11 who wasn't pro war? Now that our government is showing us that they weren't prepared to finish this war, people have a new point of view.

06-19-2007, 12:39 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    I think that is pretty typical point of view in the U.S. now, its hardly special. After 9-11 who wasn't pro war? Now that our government is showing us that they weren't prepared to finish this war, people have a new point of view.
    People can, will and do change their minds, but going from beating the drums of war to quoting George McGovern is radical . Did you hear Howards kiss butt interview with Michael Moore? Howard and crew point out daily how foxnews is propaganda - Then praise Moore who is hands down, the best Propagandist out there. oy vey.

Head Honcho
    06-19-2007, 07:13 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    People can, will and do change their minds, but going from beating the drums of war to quoting George McGovern is radical
    I don't think that is radical at all. After 9/11 it was pretty common sentiment.

The problem with propaganda is that the only way to fight it is with more propaganda. Logic and reason lose to propaganda hands down because the masses are asses. So, if you want to make a point and get behind something sometimes the best way is to get behind someone who is the extreme opposite of what you are fighting against.

Just like people getting behind the NAB because they appose the merger. They cant possibly not understand why the NAB is doing what they are doing but, it doesn't matter to them since they are for the same cause.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder