Page 2 of 2 12
    Guru
    05-02-2009, 08:03 AM #11
    asm610, say what you will. There is still one fact there is over 50 million peolle in Canada and it has taken them (SIRI and XMSR) about 4 years to just get 1.1 million to sign up. Canada has what 16.5 times the amount of people then PR. and they have only gotten 1.1 + or - million subscribers between them. The math doesn't add up for them to be willing to go into PR without being forced to do so. As said now many times by me, they will be making money on the deal. I just dont think it will be enough to give them the incentive that they will want to go any further outside PR, without first getting everything they can out of the USA frist. The point is they were forced to do something they would not have done on their own for a much longer period of time. Once again I am not saying they would have never done it. What I am saying is they would not have done it Now.

Now as for this, "They get a TON of Vacationers between Planes, Cruise ships, Military families visiting." Those people dont get a subscription for a trip or vacation. As for the planes and Cruise ships they dont need satellite radio in PR to have satellite radio.

05-02-2009, 01:09 PM #12
    FWIW, regarding PR infrustructure... I ran a tower registration query on the FCC webstite -- there are over 430 registers structures, with over 350 of those being actual tower facilities in PR.

Finding a spot for 20 leases, shouldn't be that much of an issue.

----------

05-02-2009, 01:28 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    asm610, say what you will. There is still one fact there is over 50 million peolle in Canada and it has taken them (SIRI and XMSR) about 4 years to just get 1.1 million to sign up. Canada has what 16.5 times the amount of people then PR. and they have only gotten 1.1 + or - million subscribers between them. The math doesn't add up for them to be willing to go into PR without being forced to do so. As said now many times by me, they will be making money on the deal. I just dont think it will be enough to give them the incentive that they will want to go any further outside PR, without first getting everything they can out of the USA frist. The point is they were forced to do something they would not have done on their own for a much longer period of time. Once again I am not saying they would have never done it. What I am saying is they would not have done it Now.

Now as for this, "They get a TON of Vacationers between Planes, Cruise ships, Military families visiting." Those people dont get a subscription for a trip or vacation. As for the planes and Cruise ships they dont need satellite radio in PR to have satellite radio.
    No John..they don't..but if they get exposed to the service...like it, go home and get a sub...it helps the bottom line. Many people just don't know what SATRAD is like...marketing is terrible..I see this as a small but worthwhile opportunity.

Enthusiast
    05-04-2009, 10:21 AM #14
    actually at one point the FCC indicted some place in the original order the repeater network could not be used to expand the available reach of the sdars signal.then during or just before the merger Sirius tried to enter Hawaii using a repeater network only and the nab screamed bloody murder as i recall.. but honestly the fcc should change their position on the issue as it would serve the publics needs and or wants at no cost to the government

and siriusxm radio should persue this pisition for the sake of the company and shareholders but all to often they appear very short sighted on important issues

Page 2 of 2 12