Page 1 of 10 123 ...
    Mentor
    04-23-2009, 02:22 AM #1

SIRI Intraday Thread: Thursday April 23rd

Wow, yesterday's intraday thread died COLD at 430 pm... NO ONE had an interest in posting anything about the days trading? Yikes...

Today we will see more of the same. Little up, little down, a lot sideways. Enjoy watching the paint dry...

Mentor
    04-23-2009, 04:12 AM #2
    -interesting article released by the wsj about paulson, bernanke, BOA & merrill. basically says paulson and bernanke influenced BOA into keeping merrill's 2008 Q4 problems hush from the public , thereby affecting the BOA s/h vote on approving the deal. not directly involving siriusxm, but overrall market sentiment will prolly be negative.

04-23-2009, 06:56 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Wow, yesterday's intraday thread died COLD at 430 pm... NO ONE had an interest in posting anything about the days trading? Yikes...

Today we will see more of the same. Little up, little down, a lot sideways. Enjoy watching the paint dry...
    Newman- I believe that takedown the other day took the breath out of most. It was supposed to. The way that people are responding shows it did it's job. But not for me. I think that people don't even want to look at the stock right now due to disgust. I am not yelling for this stock to be 4, 5, 10 dollars right now, but this stock has proved that it SHOULD NOT be .43 cents. It is demoralizing to see the stock begin to take off and be shot down right out of the sky!!!! But, so be it. We will wait. The wont hold it down too much longer. We need 2 things to be behind us. 1) 1st qtr (good or bad) 2) R/S. I believe that these are the 2 of the biggest concerns for institutional buyers. Once these things happen, life will be lovely. Meanwhile, they will throw pennies at us. I will take that...for now. If they do that 57 more times, that will be a dollar!!!!

04-23-2009, 08:14 AM #4
    I am not a big fan of Koo laid but here is some good info....Shell gas stations are playing Sxm and Five Guys Burgers and Fries has it playing pretty loud also. I was there yesterday and did not notice the clarity until the DJ spoke about the stations, nice surprise. I think it was Kayla, not sure.

Pulled my 20k sell at .4795, I think today could get interesting, up 12.5% as I type. Good luck all and remember you gained nothing until you sell this pig. 12-15% in one day is better than some of the pros do in a year. Good Luck today.

Guru
    04-23-2009, 08:24 AM #5
    Stevie B's pizza buffet was playing sirius xm 80's on 8 and nearly everyone in the place was bobbing to the music. Of the last 2 restaraunts ive been to have been playing Water colors on sirius xm and now 80's on sirius xm.

Why did no one say anything about the iphone #'s? Did Sirius XM wait to announce the app for this news to come out first?

Go siri! Make Money!

Mentor
    04-23-2009, 08:29 AM #6
    Nice PM. Why I raised my sell yesterday on my last lot over core to .48 from .46. Using .43 as a low yesterday, lets shoot for a low today of .45. Sounds good? I thought everyone would like that..... Calling ISEG sometime today, asking him where the close is going to be at , so I can trade accordingly. See if they find that as funny(funny or Id be crying) as I do.

Addict
    04-23-2009, 08:33 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by edeyoung99 View Post
    Newman- I believe that takedown the other day took the breath out of most. It was supposed to. The way that people are responding shows it did it's job. But not for me. I think that people don't even want to look at the stock right now due to disgust. I am not yelling for this stock to be 4, 5, 10 dollars right now, but this stock has proved that it SHOULD NOT be .43 cents. It is demoralizing to see the stock begin to take off and be shot down right out of the sky!!!! But, so be it. We will wait. The wont hold it down too much longer. We need 2 things to be behind us. 1) 1st qtr (good or bad) 2) R/S. I believe that these are the 2 of the biggest concerns for institutional buyers. Once these things happen, life will be lovely. Meanwhile, they will throw pennies at us. I will take that...for now. If they do that 57 more times, that will be a dollar!!!!
    I don't think R/S is a foregone conclusion. It's a tool management may have to use to avoid delist. But....if the stock moves up above a buck on solid good news and guidance, R/S becomes less likely over time. However, there's no doubt, the fact that R/S is even on the table, has a negative effect. But it can be overcome with solid performance. IMHO.

04-23-2009, 08:34 AM #8
    bassmaster: the WSJ article is rehashing OLD news. This was info that came out in January - the 8th seems to stick in my mind for some reason.

Big Ben: You're right about that - while I'm not hearing SXM at my every turn, I am seeing a major upswing with the amount of news traffic that SXM is getting.

And I'm not just talking about the fool adding in a line saying that previously released info to get the clicks. Everything from the NFL draft pick commentary to Howard f'ing with Beyonce.

The promotion is ON! Something is afoot!

Today is going to get crazy...

04-23-2009, 08:36 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Nice PM. Why I raised my sell yesterday on my last lot over core to .48 from .46. Using .43 as a low yesterday, lets shoot for a low today of .45. Sounds good? I thought everyone would like that..... Calling ISEG sometime today, asking him where the close is going to be at , so I can trade accordingly. See if they find that as funny(funny or Id be crying) as I do.
    Bought 10K at .44 yesterday hope can sell at .47
    Not touching core before it reaches $1.50

04-23-2009, 08:37 AM #10
    R/S - I definitely believe the hype. And, I believe that it's good for the company - maybe not so much for us in the short term, but for the company - yes.

Though, I don't think it will happen until next May or June.

YMMV

Page 1 of 10 123 ...