Page 5 of 10 ... 34567 ...
    Guru
    04-23-2009, 12:12 PM #41
    i seee everybody is in bitch mode today, WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i invested in a company thats has not made a profit yet and im complaining about typical stuff from companies yet to make a profit.

04-23-2009, 12:33 PM #42

cancellation article

I read this article last night.

Frankly, I regret reading it.

Not because I have concern over folks NOT becoming a sub but moreso because I've grown really quite tired of blogs/sites that mooch on Siri to get clicks.

My notion is that this guy got more clicks from that one cancellation article than anything he's written that doesn't include "Sirius XM".

As for the notion that folks won't add due to someone *else's* cancellation experience...I don't buy it. It's not like someone got food poisoning and warned their friend to NOT eat at THAT restaurant.

Consumers (read: people) truly believe that everything *bad* happens to everyone BUT them. They (read: we) truly believe that we're so smart as to not get duped and only do we make smart, informed decisions.

It all goes back to content - it really does, in my opinion.

I hardly listen to HoSte - Robin's an Ass & Arte is well...anyway. I do listen to Bloomberg and a few other stations daily.

My point with that is that my interests are NOT what any of my cohorts interests are - *they* wouldn't be adding a subscription based on my experience at all.

Then again, my cohorts are of varied interests & socioeconomic levels/background. Then again, that's what I like about *them*.

Okay, maybe this was a tidbit of a rant.

Someday - and I hope soon - these "journalists" will realize that they can get just as many, if not many more, clicks with a positive reporting on Sirius XM.

now, I will step away. I have my re-entry order in & find the sudden urge to step away and get some air...

Addict
    04-23-2009, 12:50 PM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    the cancelation complaints are such bullshit, i had no problem canceling my sirius account, they did offer me free service for 3 months but when i said no viola they canceled np, so why did i have an easy time canceling? am i special?
    I did have a tough time cancelling XM account. It took 30 minutes of BS and hold time as the rep kept placing me on hold and coming back with various offers to get me to keep the sub, even though I already had 2 I was keeping. It was VERY annoying. But, this is not a problem limited to S-XM. All the companies that are subscription based pull this crap. It's become routine. Like I've said before...ez to sign up via web, impossible to leave...like trying to quit the mafia.

Addict
    04-23-2009, 12:55 PM #44
    i seee everybody is in bitch mode today, WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i invested in a company thats has not made a profit yet and im complaining about typical stuff from companies yet to make a profit.
    Agree.....SIRI is a spec stock. period. It has mountain of debt, yet to make a profit, and stock trading for pennies. Don't get me wrong....I think it will climb out of this. But, to expect management to NOT go to shareholders for approval for R/S and more shares is naive. They have to do this stuff....probably to avoid liability and shareholder suits if they end up in even worse shape: delisted. Worst thing. Pink sheet hell. Game over.

Enthusiast
    04-23-2009, 01:24 PM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Never agree to dilute your worth, in any event, regardless. They want to use your money, instead of profits to pay off debt, not due for years.
    1. They dont think they will ever be profitable.
    2. They think they will be profitable, but not enough to ever put huge dents in the debt.
    3. They will be profitable, able to put real dents in the debt in years to come, but would rather use your money to do it.

Only 3 options I can see. Anyone else see a 4th reasoning?
    On why they are diluting even more?

I disagree partially. Had they not diluted late last year they wouldn't be here (meaning BK). If it was to pay off all the debt I might be OK with it but the scenario that bothers me is that they pay off all but malone's debt then Malone converts leaving him with an undiluted 40% and Mel gets a nice bonus to cover his S/P losses. The interest on the debt, esp. not with malone's 15% is a drag on potential profits. I am not sure I trust malone. I know others do but I am still a little worried.

Addict
    04-23-2009, 02:25 PM #46

positive SIRI article

Have no idea who this is or anything about this website, but it's positive article:

http://www.paidcontent.org/entry/419...ived-up-to-ex/

04-23-2009, 02:49 PM #47
    am i special?
    Just "Short Bus" special

Guru
    04-23-2009, 03:04 PM #48
    wheres all the selling coming from.

rsi just hit 15

04-23-2009, 03:09 PM #49
    oooo goodie! We're in buying territory again!

Addict
    04-23-2009, 03:11 PM #50
    [QUOTE=trippingthespeculatingpos;30588]wheres all the selling coming from.

IMO..it is the impatient who bought in hi 20's low 30's that still us in stall mode and are getting out in 40's. hoping it will be drop back into 30's...they WILL GET BURNED and regret early pullout.

Page 5 of 10 ... 34567 ...