Page 1 of 20 12311 ...
    Mentor
    04-21-2009, 02:06 AM #1

SIRI Intraday Thread: Tuesday April 21

Some wild swings huh? From up just over 25% on the day, to finishing down 3%... What will tomorrow hold? My best guess: SIRI retraces to 44-45 at some point during the day, and finishes slighly down.

I hope Im wrong, but we will see. Discuss....

04-21-2009, 02:10 AM #2
    Five Worthy Stocks Under Five Dollars
    Filed under:

* Hot Stock Picks and Trading Ideas

— SmallCapNetwork Editor @ 8:17 am

While terms like “investment opportunity of a lifetime” are recklessly thrown around far too often, sometimes, the description is actually appropriate. Take 2009 for instance… investors really are looking at a once in a lifetime opportunity - at least for a few stocks. (Other stocks are more than deserving of their selloffs.)

We’ll look at five of these unique investment opportunities below, but first we need to set the stage correctly.

Yes, the economy is still wandering listlessly in a recession, and yes, it’s difficult to say how long this weakness could linger, and yes, many individual companies are still fighting an uphill battle. So what’s supposed to be encouraging? Your opportunity doesn’t necessarily lie in the arms of gangbuster performance right now. Rather, your opportunity lies in realizing what the rest of the market doesn’t quite ‘get‘… that you own stocks not for their present value, but for their future value.

If you can come to terms with that, then you’ve got an unfair advantage on the rest of the investing crowd.

With that in mind, here are five publicly-traded companies you should consider wading into now, not because of where they’ll be five days from now, but five months from now, and five years from now… and even further out than that. Here’s the best part of all - all these stocks are priced under $5.00 (penny stocks, technically), yet they’re all also names you’re likely to be familiar with. (Click on the thumbnail image to view a full-size chart.)

042009siri.gifSIRIUS XM Radio Inc. (SIRI) - At $2.00, or even $1.00, SIRIUS was too much of a mess (thanks to some scary financing and capitalization numbers) to get involved with. Around 50 cents though, we have to think the bulk of the downside has been factored in. The business is viable; it’s just that the market for satellite radio was never as big as the company’s market cap originally implied it was. Now standing at about 1/100th of its peak value though - and after Liberty Media got involved - SIRI is a much more interesting idea.

SmallCap Network Disclaimer

Mentor
    04-21-2009, 03:15 AM #3
    No reason to hope your wrong - stocks zig zag on the way up and on the way down - look at the chart starting from Feb 2009. Anyway, we hit a ton of targets yesterday, anyone who bought from Oct 2008 on were also strong green, and the general market was dumping... out of those people, who wouldn't take some profit - that is why we trade and invest right? Geez, any long who started with an average of $0.15 would be crazy not to pullout their original purchase. A pullback is more than expected. Let's say it hit the next higher target today after all the ones we hit yesterday - then what, a lot of people would be buying because they'd be seeing $$$ - heck, some people were buying yesterday even. Then when the pullback comes, it would be more violent, and those that bought would be really in the hole after their entry.

My guess - based on current futures trading, asian/european markets, the general market, TA, volume, candlesticks and a natural profit taking session is that today will be down. Taking all that into consideration, if it were to shoot up, and finish green, I wouldn't trust it, but thats me and my opinion. From TA I have no upper target.. just lower ones - .44 is first. Taking that into account I won't be buying tomorrow, but I will try to glance at it day to day. The stock has been good to me so far, so I'll enter another time. I have a lot of other irons in the fire and hopefully be coming out ahead on those.
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 04-21-2009 at 03:21 AM.

Guru
    04-21-2009, 07:55 AM #4
    .57 in the pit looking good again
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 04-21-2009 at 08:03 AM.

Guru
    04-21-2009, 08:34 AM #5
    Dr. Dave, alright already we got it, Wait a minute I think I missed something can you repost that post again one more time.

Guru
    04-21-2009, 08:36 AM #6
    hey u know dave u can delete your posts if u do a double likde that, just hit the edit button.

04-21-2009, 08:39 AM #7
    Sorry to be off topic but anyone have a clue why bac is taking a beatdown the last 2 days?

I've got a buy in if we hit .42. Hope it doesnt happen but we'll see.

Enthusiast
    04-21-2009, 08:40 AM #8
    just read my taylor on radio and one of the banks which lent to media including broadcasters has stoped new lending for the sector.

and in another bit it mentions some of the earthly broadcasters are or will be shuting down the hdradio side to save a few thousand dollars a year on electrict cost for the station.

would be nice of siriusxm to put out a press release on something anything positive for where they think the industry is really going and what it will take to take to get there.

melvin say something........

Guru
    04-21-2009, 08:40 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    hey u know dave u can delete your posts if u do a double likde that, just hit the edit button.

Wait I am not finished reading the second one yet.

Guru
    04-21-2009, 08:45 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by tim wallick View Post
    just read my taylor on radio and one of the banks which lent to media including broadcasters has stoped new lending for the sector.

and in another bit it mentions some of the earthly broadcasters are or will be shuting down the hdradio side to save a few thousand dollars a year on electrict cost for the station.

would be nice of siriusxm to put out a press release on something anything positive for where they think the industry is really going and what it will take to take to get there.

melvin say something........

Ho Tim I think there is going to be plenty more of that, were that came from. While I dont think terrestrial FM will ever be totally dead I do think they will be the new AM of the future. The question is where does AM end up.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ...