Page 5 of 7 ... 34567
    04-30-2009, 09:27 PM #41
    Good Evening L,

You're back. Not down, just annoyed at this rainy, soggy mess of a day, here
    in Michigan. Please, please let up already. Even the ducks are looking disgusted.
    Sounds like you have a great weekend ahead. I agree can't pass that up.
    Vermont can wait.
    I was talking with a coworker today, her husband works at GM, my father
    retired from there. I told her I just can't understand how GM let themselves
    get in this predictment. They were the number 1 car company, to now this.
    Pretty sad.
    So when does your weekend began? I guess you'll be too busy to be
    online much. LOL
    Julie

04-30-2009, 10:14 PM #42
    Hi everybody, how is it going ?
    What a day, Chrysler BK, because of the greed of a few hedgies, esp. Oppenheimer ( Meredith comes to mind , the b**** who shorted C and BAC to almost BR ). Sorry, but I had to get this out of my system.
    Talked to my dad, retiree of Opel, he is destroyed.
    BTW, GM received a new bid for Opel from Magna . Fasten your seatbelts,
    5 bil Euro ( almost 7 bil $ ) for 60 % of the company. If they deny that offer and go into BR too, I'll jump out of a window ( first floor of course ).
    Somebody mentioned the swine flu. I don't know, I think it's totally overdone,
    come on it's not ebola or lassa, it is just a flu and in case you forgot , there are tens of thousands of deahts in the US every year. But maybe it comes in handy to bring the markets down again, I hope not.

04-30-2009, 10:23 PM #43
    Julie: Weekend starts tomorrow about 12. Have a closing at 9 then make payroll and then the car is picking me up around 1 for the trip to Caesars Atlantic City and then we are leaving from there. Can't wait for the race.

I was just packing.

I drive GM products, I own two envoys and now I am getting the Esca to go back and forth to Vermont. I don't care what anyone says I love my GMC truck and I've owned BMW Mercedes etc but nothing is as good as my Envoy in the snow. Its a shame what has happened to our car companies. I wonder how much is our government's fault for meddling in the business

04-30-2009, 10:26 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Hi everybody, how is it going ?
    What a day, Chrysler BK, because of the greed of a few hedgies, esp. Oppenheimer ( Meredith comes to mind , the b**** who shorted C and BAC to almost BR ). Sorry, but I had to get this out of my system.
    Talked to my dad, retiree of Opel, he is destroyed.
    BTW, GM received a new bid for Opel from Magna . Fasten your seatbelts,
    5 bil Euro ( almost 7 bil $ ) for 60 % of the company. If they deny that offer and go into BR too, I'll jump out of a window ( first floor of course ).
    Somebody mentioned the swine flu. I don't know, I think it's totally overdone,
    come on it's not ebola or lassa, it is just a flu and in case you forgot , there are tens of thousands of deahts in the US every year. But maybe it comes in handy to bring the markets down again, I hope not.
    Hi Daniel,
    I am so sorry to hear of your dad's predictment. I really hope everything
    turns out well for him. As I told you earlier, my dad retired from GM.
    I am ashamed to say I haven't been up on my reading concerning
    retiree pensions in the event of a BK. My very little understanding
    is the pensions are insured, so retirees will get some pension. I
    really hope so, it affects my mom as well as your dad.
    Julie
    P.S. I agree, the swine flu, way overblown.

Mentor
    04-30-2009, 10:35 PM #45
    Hey L

Texas is alittle bit bigger than vermont!!! Newman is about 550-600 miles from swine ground zero...and thats just to the Mexican border!

I think I went skiing at Stratton Mountain about 20 years ago. Weird...use to skiing in Colorado/New Mexico...Taos is awesome skiing!! Went to Stratton (I think) parked at the top of the mountain and skied down. Usually, park at the bottom and lift up!

Beautiful country!!

Best thing about living in San Antonio...year round golf, spicy authentic mexican food, and lots of fat asses to boot!!

Have a great day tomorrow! Hope the new business is a huge success.

04-30-2009, 10:37 PM #46
    Quote Originally Posted by LMaze View Post
    Julie: Weekend starts tomorrow about 12. Have a closing at 9 then make payroll and then the car is picking me up around 1 for the trip to Caesars Atlantic City and then we are leaving from there. Can't wait for the race.

I was just packing.

I drive GM products, I own two envoys and now I am getting the Esca to go back and forth to Vermont. I don't care what anyone says I love my GMC truck and I've owned BMW Mercedes etc but nothing is as good as my Envoy in the snow. Its a shame what has happened to our car companies. I wonder how much is our government's fault for meddling in the business
    L,

Sometime when your not taking off for parts, I'll have to go into detail
    with you on the two (and adding) grueling, aginizing years I have been
    involved in a acquiescence/adverse possession case. Very costly.
    I can't afford to go to Vegas, but my attorney can.

Julie

04-30-2009, 10:40 PM #47
    Hi Julie, it is not the money, it is the proud. As a matter of fact , he doesn't even know how much this could be effect the pensions. Because of the universal healthcare and everything else this is not even a factor. Here in the US it's different of course.
    Anyway, my parents own a condo in Rimini,Italy, one of my dad's former colleagues was born and raised there, they spend every vacation there since the 70's. They are going to pack some bags and drive south and stay there for the summer, I guess the best they can do. What the heck, I am almost in the mood for the Mediterranean myself, but I prefer the Alps.

Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Hi Daniel,
    I am so sorry to hear of your dad's predictment. I really hope everything
    turns out well for him. As I told you earlier, my dad retired from GM.
    I am ashamed to say I haven't been up on my reading concerning
    retiree pensions in the event of a BK. My very little understanding
    is the pensions are insured, so retirees will get some pension. I
    really hope so, it affects my mom as well as your dad.
    Julie
    P.S. I agree, the swine flu, way overblown.

Mentor
    04-30-2009, 10:41 PM #48
    Daniel

Once you get past your neck of the woods...Northern NM is beautiful. Some great snow skiing. Red River...neat little place...Taos-speaks for itself. Skied at a place just N of Red River called Rio Castillo...No longer their I think. There was myself and my wife, and my best friend and his wife on the intermediate/advanced side of the mountain...that was it. Had a tour bus of 60 beginners on the bunny/green runs. Best day skiing I have ever had!!

Some great memories! FYI very difficult to BBQ in the altitude...Charcoal doesn't burn very well...especially when it is snowing 2-4" an hour!!!

04-30-2009, 10:44 PM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Hi Julie, it is not the money, it is the proud. As a matter of fact , he doesn't even know how much this could be effect the pensions. Because of the universal healthcare and everything else this is not even a factor. Here in the US it's different of course.
    Anyway, my parents own a condo in Rimini,Italy, one of my dad's former colleagues was born and raised there, they spend every vacation there since the 70's. They are going to pack some bags and drive south and stay there for the summer, I guess the best they can do. What the heck, I am almost in the mood for the Mediterranean myself, but I prefer the Alps.
    Boy, all these jetsetters on this board. What a boring life I lead!
    Does Cedar Point count?

Mentor
    04-30-2009, 10:51 PM #50
    Julie/Daniel

Hope your parents pension concerns get worked out. My father-in-law retired as a pilot for a cargo company. Flew for 25-30 years... Received a whopping $423 per month pension. He passed away about 7 years ago. No way he could have survived on what little he had coming to him!

Julie- do not let the weather get you down...you will be in full spring mode shortly. Winter in Michigan sounds depressing...summers here get old as well! Tell Newman to stick his swimming pool where the sun doesn't shine...that would be Michigan!!!LOL

I bank at a credit union. Have the same last name of one of the Dallas Cowboys! Turns out he is a distant cousin. Employee at the bank actually sent me a Christmas card...not the bank... the employee, because my distant cousin is her favorite player!!! Wife still gives me crap about that!!

Ya'll have a great day!

Page 5 of 7 ... 34567