Page 4 of 26 ... 2345614 ...
    Mentor
    04-17-2009, 09:40 AM #31
    lowest bid is .41 and ask is .46 of what i can see,but don't see all of ask'd.
    Prediction for today is close within .01 to .o2 pennies of high for today,whatever that ends up being..JMHO

04-17-2009, 09:43 AM #32
    Been sick for a week and haven't been following the market much. This is a good day to get better! Looks like SIRI is also feeling well today.

Enthusiast
    04-17-2009, 09:45 AM #33
    Figures I sold some shares yesterday and although I missed out on some pennies today, I'm happy overall to have booked some profits on my speculative position. BUT that was an uncomfortable game for me. I'm much happier staying long with my core now and watching this thing go up rather quickly it seems. You guys see how Cramer is now predicting .63? (or at least his horrible website is) i hate that guy as much as anyone and i bet he bought in cheap after he and wienkes killed us... sorry to bring that up

Addict
    04-17-2009, 09:50 AM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    lowest bid is .41 and ask is .46 of what i can see,but don't see all of ask'd.
    Prediction for today is close within .01 to .o2 pennies of high for today,whatever that ends up being..JMHO
    a close of at least .44 is very important because it is just above past resistence. This should start scaring the pants off shorts.

04-17-2009, 09:55 AM #35
    Does everyone understand you must sell when the stocks are up? If you did not unload some stock this morning up 9% you just lost 4%. Its swinging back up as I type. Peps are missing a fortune on these swings, and after the way siri has treated us, I will take anything. I swear the whole world has ADD. Later good luck and don't be afraid of the sell button! Nothing is realized without some action on your part.!

Example...I had no position coming into today (because I wrapped up 175% return on SiIR since Feb 17th)...I saw premarket looked good..grabbed 10k just incase the dollar mark was right around the corner,lol...picked up another 20k on the big dip .435.. and now I have a 1.68% gain 180$ in 10 minutes..sell and not be greedy thats the play...sell some on big moves..its not really that complicated or difficult...especially if you believe in Mel long term.

04-17-2009, 09:57 AM #36
    Are there any shares out there to short siri? lol...of course. When the stock has a huge run up guess where it goes next...down and hard. The buy and hold crew is missing a fortune on this volatile pig. Good luck

04-17-2009, 10:02 AM #37
    Tip cut the strings...when your heart is attached to those 4 letters SIRI, letting go of shares is very difficult, but the sooner you do it the better. Trust me I am a recovering siri addict, I convinced everyone I know to buy siri. I predict high twenties again...295. Sounds crazy huh? Watch..you'll see.

Enthusiast
    04-17-2009, 10:04 AM #38
    Big Ben while I respect your play and its success, not everyone has the time or dedication that you do to short term swings that literally involve quick decisions within minutes sometimes and diligent monitoring daily and minute by minute. Do you work? Or is this your full time thing? I don't know the correlation but I bet most day traders do it as their living or at least have a job that allows them. others like me- and I'm active on this site all day- still work all day with real responsibilities. Again not to say you don't but don't disparage the buy and hold crew so quickly. I did try playing some of the volatility and it was a stressful ordeal. yeah i made some money but I'm happy holding on to my long term position and going to work everyday confident in it. Thanks.

Steelers still blow

Enthusiast
    04-17-2009, 10:06 AM #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Does everyone understand you must sell when the stocks are up? If you did not unload some stock this morning up 9% you just lost 4%. Its swinging back up as I type. Peps are missing a fortune on these swings, and after the way siri has treated us, I will take anything. I swear the whole world has ADD. Later good luck and don't be afraid of the sell button! Nothing is realized without some action on your part.!

Example...I had no position coming into today (because I wrapped up 175% return on SiIR since Feb 17th)...I saw premarket looked good..grabbed 10k just incase the dollar mark was right around the corner,lol...picked up another 20k on the big dip .435.. and now I have a 1.68% gain 180$ in 10 minutes..sell and not be greedy thats the play...sell some on big moves..its not really that complicated or difficult...especially if you believe in Mel long term.

If you beleive in Mel long term, why would you sell at all?

You run the risk of missing the boat should this thing continue to take off. No one can accurately predit the peaks and valleys...Especially with this stock. If you believe in Mel, I would stay put and enjoy the ride. If people sold yesterday at .40, they missed the run to .44 etc.

Addict
    04-17-2009, 10:11 AM #40
    Siri is on an uptrend and has not even hit the bigger volume short covering days, so there is a potential for high .50's or .60 in a very quick move in the next few days. Sometimes trading can have you makewhat looks like a good trade when you sell out for profit and then yu miss a much bigger move because you wait for it to drop again and it never happens.

I think buying is the better bet right now until we have a huge volume big up day, similar to when this stock broke out from .20 up to .37 a few months back in a 2 day period.

Page 4 of 26 ... 2345614 ...