Page 23 of 26 ... 132122232425 ...
    Guru
    04-18-2009, 02:15 PM #221
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    i think if siri offers the iphone as a free 1-3 month trial it will stand a better chance of drawing in subs, give people the chance to experience it for free. I think this will mostly be for the tech savy, and imo the tech savy have already found ways to stream sirixm on their phones.

I agree

My point to that thread and about Brandon was that you cant say in one breath that The I phone will be a major help in getting subscribers and then in the next breath say internet radio is no real competition. The reason is simple in my minds eye. They both deal with the same problems, using the internet and the cost to get it. Now while some may not mind the 120 dollars per month to get a unlimited plan for their Iphone (which is the cost per Iphone and what you would need to pay if you plan to listen to alot of satellite radio), it is not a plan for the masses. The most the masses are going to pay is somewhere between 8.99 (family plan, where many are signed up for under others main plan) and 11.00 which is about what it cost if you sign up for any of the longer term plans.

Addict
    04-18-2009, 02:41 PM #222
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Well from what I understand much of the censorship stuff came up with Brandon because of Mike H. saying he was going to sue SB because of things Brandon was writing. That does not mean I agree with what Charles did with Brandons last article and to be honest I dont. I agreed with much of it and already said much of the same thing long ago. You also cant have it both ways though like Brandon likes to have it. For instance I put up another thread ( http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1817 ) were I talked about the problems with the internet radio being any real competition to satellite radio, in it I did not give much hope to the Ipod or Iphone creating very many more subscribers for SIRIXM, and what do you know about a week later David Frear says about the samething about the Iphone. ( "# Arenson said that CFO Frear played down the importance of the new Sirius app for the Apple iPhone, although Arenson said he understands some people internally are more excited about it. He also reports that Sirius continues to re-negotiate their contracts with a variety of content providers, including Howard Stern and Major League Baseball."). Anyway not to many people read that thread and then they will be stund when it does not get that many more subs.

As to the PPS, I am happy so far but I still have about 17,000 dollars of my own money (original investment) in it. Then I can start to work on getting back all the profits I put back into this pig.

As to the people messing with penny stocks I stoped doing that a while ago "Global Crossing" was the last time I did that (I dont include SIRI/XMSR because I was messing with them before they became a penny stock). Anyway the reason I stoped messing with them is the same reason I stoped messing with options, to much risk. I can say this, usually when I got out of them I did not look back to much and in general when I did I usually said "Thank god I got out of that one in time". There were few times I said, "Dam I should have stayed in" I believe SIRIXM is one of the few but that is because I have had the time to do alot of reading on it, I believe it will be here for a long time to come. The question is do the second batch of investors get the benefits or is it going to be a third batch. I say that because you do realize we are the second batch, While we were screwed we were not as screwed as much as the first batch. We will have to wait and see what Malone does in 3 years for that.

888's...

Good points. I think the iphone announce will do more for the SP than it will the actual fundamentals..and right now that's what we're after. This will cause more panic covering, which begets more panic covering and new buying. As far as where the addition actually hits the top line, is as you say suspect.

To your point on the SP, I think SIRI is a great stock to keep on the radar going forward..at least until they rev. I do think after the intital correction is over, the volitility of the SP will diminish. I think the wild swings down are now over for a while because there are not enough shorts out there en masse anymore to pounce. That wild swing take down to .25 was an out of the gate situation and a prime target..plus at that time shorts were still in charge market-wide. Not true now. So I see SIRI climbing with minimal pull back each time--until it outlives the current fact that it's s steal right here at these levels. The only way the SP can be taken out back anymore is if there is just some terrible news..and I don't envision that any time soon from this company. If there is one "penny stock" to stick with, it's SIRI. Plenty of money yet to be made just as there was plenty of money lost on the way down. LIke you I was in the first batch. I first bought SIRI @ .76 when it was stuck there in 2003. I rode it up a bit and got out just before the Howard spike. Missed that, but it happened so fast, you either got it or you didn't. From there I had to leave it alone because it got too high. I think with Liberty now in the family, there are so many posiibilities in the mix for that 3rd wave. I see less downjside for them but I would never just buy this and throw it in a drawer as I know most of us wouldn't. With a little decent port management, keeping SIRI in the mix is a good bet as most stocks go I would say. I intend to do just that. I forgot if you we're at a higher basis than 4.00...but if not, you should have no prob getting most back (if you intend to stick with the SP). Getting this to 1.00 is no pipe dream. People who said the SP was dead, said so as morons not looking at the daily volume all the way down. That's how we knew. Their volume changed little most days. That showed interest then and now there is even more interest coming as the SP climbs. Very few smart people took the SP off their board.. .50 is a much different number than .25 or .35. Stagnating in the .30's was inevitable I guess. When an SP is moving up with intention from the bottom like SIRI, .50 means buy, buy, buy (or miss it) to many traders and very quicky, the SP often finds itself trading @ .80 or higher. I think we will see .80 yet this month and we probably clip 1.00 in AH or pre and then settle back for a bit into .72 - .80. That should end the intial surge correction. Then 5/11-ish is earnings and then we'll see.

Addict
    04-18-2009, 02:46 PM #223
    Quote Originally Posted by learn to think View Post
    What's up Sl, I left you a message at Satwaves last night. Just in case you didn't get it, I was worried about you and missed your posts especially during this incredible week. Hope all is well
    Hey learn...

Sorry about the absence. All is better. Same your way...

04-18-2009, 02:52 PM #224
    Quote Originally Posted by sl62 View Post
    Hey learn...

Sorry about the absence. All is better. Same your way...
    Wow man, as soon as I turn on the computer you leave me a message...spooky! Glad everything is better. Let's slay the shorts this week, once and for all. Gotta go to work see you later.

Guru
    04-18-2009, 03:06 PM #225
    Quote Originally Posted by sl62 View Post
    888's...

Good points. I think the iphone announce will do more for the SP than it will the actual fundamentals..and right now that's what we're after. This will cause more panic covering, which begets more panic covering and new buying. As far as where the addition actually hits the top line, is as you say suspect.

To your point on the SP, I think SIRI is a great stock to keep on the radar going forward..at least until they rev. I do think after the intital correction is over, the volitility of the SP will diminish. I think the wild swings down are now over for a while because there are not enough shorts out there en masse anymore to pounce. That wild swing take down to .25 was an out of the gate situation and a prime target..plus at that time shorts were still in charge market-wide. Not true now. So I see SIRI climbing with minimal pull back each time--until it outlives the current fact that it's s steal right here at these levels. The only way the SP can be taken out back anymore is if there is just some terrible news..and I don't envision that any time soon from this company. If there is one "penny stock" to stick with, it's SIRI. Plenty of money yet to be made just as there was plenty of money lost on the way down. LIke you I was in the first batch. I first bought SIRI @ .76 when it was stuck there in 2003. I rode it up a bit and got out just before the Howard spike. Missed that, but it happened so fast, you either got it or you didn't. From there I had to leave it alone because it got too high. I think with Liberty now in the family, there are so many posiibilities in the mix for that 3rd wave. I see less downjside for them but I would never just buy this and throw it in a drawer as I know most of us wouldn't. With a little decent port management, keeping SIRI in the mix is a good bet as most stocks go I would say. I intend to do just that. I forgot if you we're at a higher basis than 4.00...but if not, you should have no prob getting most back (if you intend to stick with the SP). Getting this to 1.00 is no pipe dream. People who said the SP was dead, said so as morons not looking at the daily volume all the way down. That's how we knew. Their volume changed little most days. That showed interest then and now there is even more interest coming as the SP climbs. Very few smart people took the SP off their board.. .50 is a much different number than .25 or .35. Stagnating in the .30's was inevitable I guess. When an SP is moving up with intention from the bottom like SIRI, .50 means buy, buy, buy (or miss it) to many traders and very quicky, the SP often finds itself trading @ .80 or higher. I think we will see .80 yet this month and we probably clip 1.00 in AH or pre and then settle back for a bit into .72 - .80. That should end the intial surge correction. Then 5/11-ish is earnings and then we'll see.

sl62, just so it is clear. I still consider us part of the second batch. The first batch are the ones who were in just before 2001, now they got yanked. We are the second batch and even if you bought in at 4 or 7 (and did not buy anymore on the way down) you still have a reasonable chance to get your money back even if it takes several years. The first batch dont even have that chance anymore. Imagine buying siri at 69 or more when there were just about hundred million shares. Now the third batch would be the ones that if SIRIXM gos private or bankrupt then invest in the company. Do you see what I am saying. The third batch really has not come yet. Now I am not saying that alot of old investors were not switched out for new in SIRIXM because that has also happened but it is not the samething.

04-18-2009, 04:05 PM #226
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    okay im thinking maybe im being a little biased, but still id prefer if people came on and said what they were doing rather then campaigning for some1 to do something. Just to be clear im not saying you cant do that, that's not my place, just that i dont like it
    Your point is taken and I agree... Sometimes we all in an effort to share information, with the passion that comes along with this stock, sound like we are campaigning. There is a line somewhere in there that can be crossed.... and agree that bashing folks for not following your trades is crossing that line... Having read Big Ben's posts over at SA and now Here, he does have a Bulldozing style, but I do think he means well...

Addict
    04-18-2009, 05:28 PM #227
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    sl62, just so it is clear. I still consider us part of the second batch. The first batch are the ones who were in just before 2001, now they got yanked. We are the second batch and even if you bought in at 4 or 7 (and did not buy anymore on the way down) you still have a reasonable chance to get your money back even if it takes several years. The first batch dont even have that chance anymore. Imagine buying siri at 69 or more when there were just about hundred million shares. Now the third batch would be the ones that if SIRIXM gos private or bankrupt then invest in the company. Do you see what I am saying. The third batch really has not come yet. Now I am not saying that alot of old investors were not switched out for new in SIRIXM because that has also happened but it is not the samething.
    888's...

OMG..I see what your saying on batch 1. Hell yeah, you're talking tech boom now and I really have sympathy for any of those folks still holding. Do you think there are??! Jeez. That would hurt.

04-18-2009, 05:31 PM #228
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Yes, Cos1000, I know one man who is crying. Im Not Jim Cramer. I told him last week if he was waiting for the .20s again he was going to be waiting forever. HEHEHE. I told him to buy now, and hes missed another leg up because he refuses, this is funny now, because its true now as it was true a year ago, you have to seperate the stock from the company. Has Sirius deserved to be .05 cents? No. Does it deserve to be $2? No. But if a stock shows its bottomed, its showed you a consolidation, its showing you a buy signal, forget that its a PIG, just buy it. LOL
    I agree about adding shares here. Time to add was in Feb. and early March.
    I tried to tell him that for a smart guy he was on the wrong side of the argument last week on SA, but I was rebuffed ....

04-18-2009, 05:43 PM #229
    s162, I gotta tell ya, Its great having you back on the line my friend ........ thought the enemy had grabbed ya.... and was making you listen to terrestrial radio 24/7..... trying to break you down..... we could here the incessant noise from over the hill..... We can help with a little Hendrix Watchtower, and some deep tracks Zeppelin to start to cure what damage they may have done .... If you can't get that bubble gum BS out of your head, interrupted by Cal's Auto Commercials, we might have to put you through a regimen of some AC/DC and Metallica to get you straight up again..... Hang in there buddy your back where you belong.....

Enthusiast
    04-18-2009, 09:15 PM #230

Strategy???

I wonder if anyone could comment on my "simple minded strategy" - here's my thought - my ave sp is .40 with 41k shares - I do not EVER want to be in the position of losing it all again! If it was money that I had "earned" then so be it - i made a lousy decision and lost money BUT this was $$ that my Mom left to me - she struggled alot to do it and it was very important to leave something. So - with that in mind, my thought is that i try to follow the sp up with a stop loss in place about .10 below the "Active sp". However, if i had put a stop loss in place a few weeks ago as it was grinding up and down - i would have nothing. I have no problem being really long but I guess I just want to find a way to not go bust. It would really be great if this puppy took off and "made Mom proud"!!
    Does this make any sense??? Any other ideas would be very welcomed - but I am very much a newbie here trying to learn!!

Page 23 of 26 ... 132122232425 ...