Page 1 of 15 12311 ...
    Mentor
    04-16-2009, 03:32 AM #1

SIRI Intraday Thread: Thursday April 16

What does everyone think about the WorldSpace issue? Do you think Sirius XM is actually looking into buying them? Or is there nothing to the rumor... Here is the last post from yesterday's thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wallick
    the partners from Italy has sued world-space over the repeater network. which was sold to Noah Samara along with one of his first partners with questionable ties to certain groups via Yenura Pte. Ltd. as part of the bankruptcy proceeding.

while the partners from Italy were trying to take title via the legal process within the court system in another country.

correct the two birds are just about spent and very outdated the ground spare was never even completed.

India has rolled out 265 fm stations in many cites across the country and currently has another 210 in the works the license only run 4% of revenue.also their was a good bit of talk about hdradio with some form of testing taking place a couple of years back.

satellite is not allowed to have any paid commercials and must even limit promotion channel content to under two minutes per hour.Along with some content restrictions for religious and other types of programming.

also i think the repeater network issue was or is still open for India.

world-space only had documentation to broadcast in three countries within the Eu Swiss,German and Italy. along with Bahrain and the Uae currently.

at one point they had a French partner operation and it drew very few subs not sure if they maintain the documents for broadcasting there

i don't think the Swiss or German build-out process even started.

i'm with john on this issue,
    Discuss...

Enthusiast
    04-16-2009, 05:00 AM #2

Unsecured Worldspace creditors get peanuts

heres the latest thing i see, note where it mentions the one partners name hes owed some 1.5 billion and has some type of royalty agreement in place where he would or could receive some type cash to cover his investment.

its the guy with questionable ties to certain organized groups.

heres the link

Mentor
    04-16-2009, 07:42 AM #3
    Good Morning everyone,with respect to worldspace,John and Homer covered this in depth a few months ago and basically this dog has fleas for which there is no cure..wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole..also say all the theories that were reported on are true,Where the heck would siriusXM get money to buy into it,would rather see them pay off debt first..common sense as John would say,and as always Homer would certify it..LOL

04-16-2009, 07:43 AM #4
    Newman,

You might want to rename the thread to todays day and date...

As to the Worldspace issue, I don't think Mel would jump on that sinking ship... Especially when he has his hands full bailing water off of ours!!!

04-16-2009, 09:25 AM #5
    Has anyone else noticed how little movement there has been in AH yesterday after close and this morn. Any thoughts? If (assuming bigger players have been in control) the wild fluctuations are calming does that signal its time for an advance? Even intraday yesterday wasn't the normal rollercoaster for most of the mid morn on.

04-16-2009, 09:31 AM #6
    Hello Gentlemen- Looks like we had a nice finish yesterday. I know what we're all thinking for today.... COME ON $.41!!!

04-16-2009, 09:36 AM #7
    Hoping for another up day. Premarket was pretty consistant at .39
    Newman, I must comment on your avaitor. Very cute, your eyes
    are twinkling.
    Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Julie

04-16-2009, 09:43 AM #8
    Where's everyone at lately? Stock price is on the up and no posts? You guys too busy doin' taxes?

Guru
    04-16-2009, 10:03 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mz19 View Post
    Where's everyone at lately? Stock price is on the up and no posts? You guys too busy doin' taxes?
    satwaves.com. The dramatic have moved on.

Mentor
    04-16-2009, 10:04 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mz19 View Post
    Actually,yes,was doing my taxes and finished up yesterday and e-filed,had to write a little check,but that is ok...

Looks early like we are battling for the 3rd decimal place again today,probably close in the .3898 range,but might see .39..or Higher i hope..

Page 1 of 15 12311 ...