Page 1 of 2 12
    04-15-2009, 12:17 PM #1

Lifetime Subscription & Internet Radio Issue

I'm furious with Sirius. I've attached the email I received from them. Yes, the language doesn't specifically say that they are upgrading to the 128K stream, but I tell you after numerous calls (I've talked to 14 customer service, and I use that term lightly, representatives) that thats what *should* be happening.

Based on the email, I upgraded to a Sirius lifetime subscription with the understanding that I would no longer have to pay for the "CD quality" Internet stream. The person I talked to at Sirius when I upgraded the subscription even told me to call and 'cancel my premium Internet service' prior to March 11th, which I did. But I have had nothing but problems with Internet Radio since I upgraded to the lifetime subscription.

What was offered, and what I subscribed to was a lifetime subscription for my radio, and the 128K Internet stream for no additional $.

The latest I've been told, by the last 4 people there I've talked to at Sirius, is that this *apparently* will be resolved on April 28th.

I upgraded to Lifetime partly because I felt like it would help the company get through the merger and help prevent bankruptcy. But the way they have handled this is utterly irresponsible. The service they provide is entertainment - there is nothing entertaining to have to call and argue with every single customer service agent I've had the pleasure of speaking to.

Their silence on this, when it is clear they've dropped the ball, is unforgivable.

Am I the only one who has this issue?
    Attached Images Attached Images

04-15-2009, 05:32 PM #2
    No, you are not the only one! Based on my experience with customer representatives, you have reached a dead end!

If you care to read my thoughts, reactions, etc. see the following link:

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1582

Enthusiast
    04-15-2009, 05:56 PM #3
    Lovely thoughts.....for the Yahoo Board.

Cheers,
    -Whynot

04-28-2009, 07:55 AM #4
    Big surprise. No change to stream quality. And, they're still offering me to upgrade for $2.99.

So much for their promise of an April 28th upgrade.

04-28-2009, 10:27 PM #5
    I called and complained, and big surprise the tune has changed.

"I apologize that you were misinformed. But I am not the other agents you spoke to. I can tell you that you are eligible for free internet radio as part of your lifetime subscription. Near CD-Quality Internet radio from Sirius is available for $2.99 a month."

I did end up getting a $10 credit/3 months for free.

Whoop-de-doo.

Bait and Switch is what I call it. Shame on them.

06-22-2009, 11:13 AM #6
    I have a lifetime subscription, and still had the free low-bandwidth stream working.

I called recently to upgrade to the high-bandwidth stream, and I seem to have gotten it for $0.70 per month. Maybe this is now the deal for people with lifetime subscriptions?

08-21-2009, 11:31 PM #7
    I totally understand. I just bought the lifetime subscription and was told that I would have FREE internet radio as part of the subscription. I found out they want to charge me $2.99 a month for it. Too bad its late friday night. On Monday, I am going to call corporate if I do not get resolution tomorrow when I call customer service.

**I did some searching online and found the phone #. Here it is in case anyone else needs it too. 212-584-5199 Pres. of Sales & Operation is James Meyer
    good luck to ya...
    Last edited by austindivagirl; 08-21-2009 at 11:32 PM. Reason: spelling

08-22-2009, 12:32 PM #8
    UPDATE: I called customer service today...ended up speaking with 5 people. But in the end they did give me the free internet radio. I am happy now...

01-05-2010, 06:52 PM #9

Another option

I am in the same boat. I have a lifetime subscription with the free basic Sirius Internet Radio and don't really want to shell out $2.99/month for premium upgrade.

I want to listen to Sirius in other rooms of my house besides the room my PC is in so I bought a Grace Internet Radio not realizing this also requires the Premium upgrade.

There has got to be technology out there to get around this right?

Maybe one possibility is getting wireless speakers which I can take to anyroom and pickup the signal from my PC.

Can I rebroadcast the Sirius feed back out to my wifi network essentially creating my own internet radio station? Then I can pick this up with my Grace radio?

Is Bluetooth a possibility?

Any other ideas?

06-29-2010, 08:32 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by lakenelson View Post
    I am in the same boat. I have a lifetime subscription with the free basic Sirius Internet Radio and don't really want to shell out $2.99/month for premium upgrade.

I want to listen to Sirius in other rooms of my house besides the room my PC is in so I bought a Grace Internet Radio not realizing this also requires the Premium upgrade.

There has got to be technology out there to get around this right?

Maybe one possibility is getting wireless speakers which I can take to anyroom and pickup the signal from my PC.

Can I rebroadcast the Sirius feed back out to my wifi network essentially creating my own internet radio station? Then I can pick this up with my Grace radio?

Is Bluetooth a possibility?

Any other ideas?
    Similar situation,

A couple months back my internet radio was supposed to be high quaility stream
    but it continuously would play the low quality stream..

After a couple hours and 4 Reps later I had free high quality radio..

Also interested in listening outside my home and in upstairs room..

you would think it would be easier then it is to accomplish multi-room listening

Page 1 of 2 12