Page 2 of 7 1234 ...
    Enthusiast
    04-15-2009, 08:28 AM #11

Interesting................

Sirius XM Making A play For Worldspace India
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 4:19AM Brandon Matthews
    In what looks to be the beginning of a long term project, Televisionpoint.com, India's number one trade website in the domain of television, media, marketing and advertising is reporting that Sirius XM has expressed an interest in making a play for WorldSpace's operation in India.

Already, US-based Sirius XM Radio, the largest satellite radio player internationally, has evinced keen interest in making a foray into Indian satellite radio market. Sirius that has operations in North America, Canada and Alaska had acquired XM in July 2008.

The satellite radio networks will allow subscribers access to programmes relayed worldwide via fixed, portable or vehicular radio sets. Opening up satellite radio to new domestic and foreign players will widen choice of programmes already the subscribers have through AM & FM radio broadcast of All India Radio (AIR).
    India's I & B Ministry granted WorldSpace India 3 years rather than the 5 years it had sought to implement licensing changes.

04-15-2009, 08:35 AM #12
    Link?.....

Enthusiast
    04-15-2009, 08:35 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXMInvestor View Post
    Sirius XM Making A play For Worldspace India
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 4:19AM Brandon Matthews
    In what looks to be the beginning of a long term project, Televisionpoint.com, India's number one trade website in the domain of television, media, marketing and advertising is reporting that Sirius XM has expressed an interest in making a play for WorldSpace's operation in India.

Already, US-based Sirius XM Radio, the largest satellite radio player internationally, has evinced keen interest in making a foray into Indian satellite radio market. Sirius that has operations in North America, Canada and Alaska had acquired XM in July 2008.

The satellite radio networks will allow subscribers access to programmes relayed worldwide via fixed, portable or vehicular radio sets. Opening up satellite radio to new domestic and foreign players will widen choice of programmes already the subscribers have through AM & FM radio broadcast of All India Radio (AIR).
    India's I & B Ministry granted WorldSpace India 3 years rather than the 5 years it had sought to implement licensing changes.

With the population in India, there is huge potential there if this comes to fruition... I certainly hope it does.

04-15-2009, 08:42 AM #14
    How is it that news regarding Sirius that has already been made can get re-released at a later date whether or not it is still relevant? Like on the google SIRI page, news will pop up that is negative, but was from a few weeks previous and that negative issue was already resolved. I have seen it a few times... Who is in charge of putting that stuff up there?

Glad to see we are up to .389 in pre-market right now, but it's total bullshit...

04-15-2009, 08:48 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius_Stern_Fan View Post
    My money is on a small jump to start with a slow decline and/or yo-yo like effect today. Nothing to see here people. Move along. Follow the detour to Q1 announcements which will bring you back to the highway and then you will be back on your way to greener pastures. Tune into SiriusXM traffic channels for further updates.
    It's frustrating to watch the 1 and 2 cent up and down all day. I
    wish I had the willpower to stay away until the Q1 announcements, it
    would be a lot less painful. When was the Q1 announcement last year?
    Has it been determined when that will be this year?
    Julie

04-15-2009, 09:01 AM #16
    So what do we think boys? .398 high in pre-market a good sign for the day? Or a sign of things to come pending positive news from Q1?

04-15-2009, 09:05 AM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithium24 View Post
    Link?.....
    http://www.televisionpoint.com/news2...?id=1239797056

or Brandon's take is here.....

http://www.satwaves.com/

04-15-2009, 09:06 AM #18

A slow ride back to a buck

Yeah, its gonna be a slow ride back to a buck.

I was really hoping we could linger around .35 for a while so I can buy more at this price. Glad to see were movin again, but sorry to see a discounted opportunity move on, as well. Wife only lets me spend so much every week.

DogStar
    Last edited by Dogstar; 04-15-2009 at 09:12 AM.

Guru
    04-15-2009, 09:10 AM #19
    lookin' good

Guru
    04-15-2009, 09:16 AM #20
    [QUOTE=JohnnyIrishXM;29036]Good morning everyone,hope all are well and ready for another flat day,maybe not...!!!
    That S&P upgrade was annonced back after the annual report came out in March afraid to say..don't know why it says yesterday,I remember talking about it then QUOTE]

isn't this a new upgrade? i think its the second one...

Page 2 of 7 1234 ...