Page 4 of 5 ... 2345
    Guru
    04-14-2009, 06:03 PM #31
    be cool if we could break .36 right now.

S&P Boosts Sirius XM's Ratings; Keeps Highly Speculative
    Last update: 4/14/2009 5:21:32 PM

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

In a rare upgrade, Standard & Poor's Ratings Services raised its corporate credit rating on Sirius XM Radio Inc. (SIRI) and XM Satellite Holdings Inc., with which it merged in July, saying it was increasingly more comfortable with the company's near-term liquidity position.
    Sirius XM, formed in July when the only two U.S. satellite-radio companies merged, has faced a mountain of debt and has been hurt by the sharp downturn in U.S. auto sales, a large source of subscribers.
    In February, the combined company, which just months ago warned investors it faced a possible bankruptcy filing, won a $530 million investment from Liberty Media Corp., which helped the company refinance its significant 2009 debt maturities largely to 2011.
    The actions were viewed as significant steps for the company, and the ratings agency on Tuesday raised its ratings on the company and XM Satellite, which it purchased in a $5.7 billion stock purchase, one notch to CCC+ and raised its issue-level ratings on the companies' debt by one notch, with the exception of Sirius XM's senior unsecured notes, which were affirmed at CCC-.
    All of the ratings were removed from watch for downgrade, where they were placed in February, and the corporate credit ratings outlook is stable.
    The new ratings on Sirius reflect the company's substantial debt load, historically large losses and discretionary cash flow deficits. Those negative factors are partially offset by operating synergies and cost-savings opportunities arising from its acquisition of XM Satellite, its only direct competitor.
    S&P said Sirius' stock purchase of XM Satellite more than doubled the company's subscriber base and eliminated the intense competition for subscribers and overbidding for programming contracts that had impeded profitability.
    The company could achieve significant operating cost savings, S&P said, though it may be challenged to meets its financial target of exceeding $300 million in earnings in 2009.
    Shares were up 1.6% to 36 cents in after-hours trading.
    -By John Kell, Dow Jones Newswires; 201-938-5285; john.kell@dowjones.com
    (END) Dow Jones Newswires
    April 14, 2009 17:21 ET (21:21 GMT)

Enthusiast
    04-14-2009, 06:58 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    I was at the local fancy restaurant for easter brunch and they were playing Sirius XM Water Colors throughout the restaurant and bathrooms!

Go sirius xm!
    Have you heard Sirius anywhere else?

tops, wegmans, department stores, theaters, buses, planes, trains, etc.

I have heard them at a local wash / gas station Delta Sonic.

Anyone else have any?

04-14-2009, 07:53 PM #33
    I have a couple of links, one concerning what it might bring for Sirius and the other about GoldmanSucks.

http://www.fiercetelecom.com/story/u...id=OTC-RSS-FT0

http://www.goldmansachs666.com/

I am Cuban myself so lets keep it civilized

Guru
    04-14-2009, 08:19 PM #34
    hey im all for opening shit up with cuba, i dont see why not. Specially now that we need the extra business haha, shoulda done it along time ago. Bring on the cuban cigars, if only we could legalize pot next that way we can end the wars in mexico. Well i guess they would still import coke and heroin. Well **** legalize that too, have herion clinics were people get properdosages of herion every day without od'ing. As you know most people od when they go cold turkey or from a bad batch. I guess coke might even be safer since there would be less black market crap flying around. We wouls also have 3 new stocks to pick from. Weed, Coca, and Hero

Mentor
    04-14-2009, 08:21 PM #35
    Rman

I have posted on a couple of times that in San Antonio, I have been to 3 different restaruants over the last several months. All with SiriusXM as music of choice. Talked to the manager in one of them...She stated that she had had 3 or 4 comments about SiriusXM in the 1st couple of weeks. All extremely positive.

With Musak either in BK or on the verge, great time for SiriusXM to pick up some business subs.

Guru
    04-14-2009, 08:27 PM #36
    ok im gonna make the same call i did yesterday but with more confidence today, we will break out and close over .36 tommorow!!!! specially wit this upgrade i dont see how we can be held back any longer. I would like to see .38 and .40 get broken this week. I think it is a possibility.

Enthusiast
    04-14-2009, 08:32 PM #37
    confidence...smonfidence someone shoot this pig and get it running, think i'm getting high from the paint..flakes taste good

Enthusiast
    04-14-2009, 08:35 PM #38
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Rman

I have posted on a couple of times that in San Antonio, I have been to 3 different restaruants over the last several months. All with SiriusXM as music of choice. Talked to the manager in one of them...She stated that she had had 3 or 4 comments about SiriusXM in the 1st couple of weeks. All extremely positive.

With Musak either in BK or on the verge, great time for SiriusXM to pick up some business subs.
    This one more thing that will bring in sick cash!

Think of all the stores and restaurants that have music playing.

Mentor
    04-14-2009, 08:36 PM #39
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    ok im gonna make the same call i did yesterday but with more confidence today, we will break out and close over .36 tommorow!!!! specially wit this upgrade i dont see how we can be held back any longer. I would like to see .38 and .40 get broken this week. I think it is a possibility.
    Tomorrow will validate why I never sold my .37 cent shares. Should be all green tomorrow. Upgrade should be good for a close over .37 cents, IMVHO. If not, then by the end of the week. If not by then, we will test .34 again. Or news will have to lift us out of this black hole. Im hoping this news is enough to break this range. Should be interesting tomorrow.

Enthusiast
    04-14-2009, 09:42 PM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Tomorrow will validate why I never sold my .37 cent shares. Should be all green tomorrow. Upgrade should be good for a close over .37 cents, IMVHO. If not, then by the end of the week. If not by then, we will test .34 again. Or news will have to lift us out of this black hole. Im hoping this news is enough to break this range. Should be interesting tomorrow.
    thanks and IF frog had wings will not bump its ass...validation in progress

Page 4 of 5 ... 2345