Page 3 of 12 12345 ...
    04-14-2009, 11:22 AM #21
    Strong Unions? I don't think unions have a place in buisness in this day and age. When workers were exploited and safety non existant, they were a neccesity. Now all they are good for is driving companies down and product prices up.
    I know this will piss off alot of people but I was a union member and I can honestly say that about 60 percent of the workers in my local only kept a job because they were a member. I've never seen such a lazy, worthless, what can I get for nothing bunch of children.

Addict
    04-14-2009, 11:34 AM #22
    I think it's just a matter of time that we become a cashless society...everyone will be issued a debit card...your employer will add money to your card...if you borrow money from a friend his card will be debited and your card credited. When you shop your card will be debited as well. Credit card lines will be added to your debit card.

This system will stop counterfiting money, stop illegal money laundering from drug dealers and the government will know how you spend every penny in your account. If some criminal activity happens the government will know from your card who was in the vacinity. BIG BROTHER is getting to strong.

Mentor
    04-14-2009, 11:53 AM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusHope View Post
    I think it's just a matter of time that we become a cashless society...everyone will be issued a debit card...your employer will add money to your card...if you borrow money from a friend his card will be debited and your card credited. When you shop your card will be debited as well. Credit card lines will be added to your debit card.

This system will stop counterfiting money, stop illegal money laundering from drug dealers and the government will know how you spend every penny in your account. If some criminal activity happens the government will know from your card who was in the vacinity. BIG BROTHER is getting to strong.
    That is there ultimate goal, I agree. That way they get ever tax dollar. But of course society will find a "secondary exchange medium" for illegal activities. You will never stop illegal trading, etc... Probably be gold or silver, I would imagine.

Enthusiast
    04-14-2009, 12:12 PM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    That is there ultimate goal, I agree. That way they get ever tax dollar. But of course society will find a "secondary exchange medium" for illegal activities. You will never stop illegal trading, etc... Probably be gold or silver, I would imagine.
    The barter system will probably come back into play. The government doesn't give you credit for what you are worth in volunteering to charity. I don't think they would be able to track the "scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" system of getting what you want or need.

Addict
    04-14-2009, 12:13 PM #25

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium24 View Post
    Obama is a disaster for this country. Anyone who believes in free market should be scared.
    Be very afraid. LOL. Ironically we got in this mess because of UNFETTERED
    free markets, but the right wing is completely blind to their own policy blunders. You sound like an adult who blames everything wrong in his life on his parents. You really need to grow up and develop a more objective and honest appraisal of what happened to get us in this MESS.

Enthusiast
    04-14-2009, 12:25 PM #26
    The cashless society won't matter for a portion of the population. The portion I am talking about is the Cradle to Grave Government supported individual. I grew up in Detroit and went to school with 2nd Generation welfare children. Their Parents had no intention on getting jobs or getting educated. Actually, they were highly educated. Why work on a regular basis when you can be getting a check to sit at home.

Legislation has been enacted to insill TERM limits on our elected officials. Why is there no term limit on Welfare. Everyone has the capacity to perform some type of job (with the possible exception of the Extreme physical or mental problems).

...and don't get me started on professional students on the Government dole!!

Enthusiast
    04-14-2009, 08:49 PM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    will trade: slightly used xm sat radio for 2 cartons of camel light kings.... pre-owned butts not accepted

Addict
    04-14-2009, 08:57 PM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by buddylee View Post
    Strong Unions? I don't think unions have a place in buisness in this day and age. When workers were exploited and safety non existant, they were a neccesity. Now all they are good for is driving companies down and product prices up.
    I know this will piss off alot of people but I was a union member and I can honestly say that about 60 percent of the workers in my local only kept a job because they were a member. I've never seen such a lazy, worthless, what can I get for nothing bunch of children.
    You must of been in the Electricians or Plumbers union.......Because The Carpenters, Operating Engineers, Tin knockers or Iron workers are the hardest working men of the unions and deserve every penny..........

Guru
    04-14-2009, 09:49 PM #29
    people see something in their lives and they think its the same all around, there is good that comes out of unions as well as bad, like everything else in life. The question is would we be better off without them? i dont think so, but they do need rules and regulations like every other big organization.
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 04-14-2009 at 10:29 PM.

04-14-2009, 10:18 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by buddylee View Post
    Buddy,

Several family members as well as friends are Ford employees, with a
    few GM employees for good measure. All with the exception of one,
    cousin Eddie, (every family has a cousin Eddie ) have been hard
    working union members. I think the bums are the exception, not the rule.
    Over the years I've heard stories of the screw ups, but they were told
    to me in disgust, not admiration.
    Your experience, obviously was different, But I don't believe it
    does any good to perpetuate the notion that the majority
    of union workers are lazy and worthless and cause of the downfall
    of companies. A lot of that can be attributed to bad management.
    We see many companies failing that don't have unions they
    can blame for their demise.

Julie

Page 3 of 12 12345 ...