Page 1 of 3 123
    Mentor
    04-07-2009, 04:59 AM #1

Daily Market Watch - Week of 4/6/2009

Little late posting this weekly thread... forgot last night (sorry).

Anyways, looks like selling Ford was a mistake... go figure.

Sirius is still sideways.

AIB was up again monday.

I am soooo not a financial advisor.

Mentor
    04-07-2009, 09:19 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Little late posting this weekly thread... forgot last night (sorry).

Anyways, looks like selling Ford was a mistake... go figure.

Sirius is still sideways.

AIB was up again monday.

I am soooo not a financial advisor.
    Hi Newman, don't feel bad, been watching Ford for the last year and a half and didn't have the gut's to jump in when it was at rock bottom. Hope it is not an intrusion to drag this over from last's weeks thread- Really quiet over in this neck of the woods.

... thought I might throw one out there that has been on my radar for sometime- RNNM (Ronn Motor Company)

Some recent news;

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...TQP_Mod_pressN

Thoughts?

04-07-2009, 10:37 AM #3
    Any thoughts on Patriot Energy Corp (PGYC)? Buy out offer at .42 cents

Addict
    04-07-2009, 04:14 PM #4
    DNDN -

Sell the May 09 $5.00 & $7.50 option puts. Sell the $5.00 for $2.20-$2.30 & the $7.50 for $3.90-$4.00.

If you want to avoid risk buy them back as soon as you make 25%.

DNDN is like SIRI... they have never made money BUT they have what I think will be something a lot better than SIRI... A prostate cancer vaccine !!!

ps: BTW DNDN is highly speculative, perhaps more than SIRI.

I sold 20 May 2009 5 put contracts today for a hefty yield. I am risking $2.80, a little bit too much for my taste but the potential reward is $4400.00 USD in a little bit more than one month.

Tomorrow I will sell more if I can...

Addict
    04-07-2009, 06:57 PM #5

The PGYC 42. cent buy out offer

Hey how ya doing....Im not sure what to think about the offer...at first i thought it was part of a pump and dump scam....there were a lot of people who were speculating that the stock would go to .30 that day they had thousands of shares and they all started dumping around 10am...i think it went from .057 to .08..and then started going back down, I was already too late to get out and refused to take a lose on my 20,000 shares and was down to .0375 ...so i hung in their for the rest of the day the stock started slowly to recover back to around .05...at about 3:01 pm there was another announcement and their was a form to tender your shares on their web site...I decided to call my broker and bought another 20,000 shares...and filled the order right at the bell....then I ask the broker if their was any information on this buy out and this was his responce...(Banc of America Investment Services) They said they had a prelimenary action notice that PGYC was offered between .33 & .56 for a buy out that was going to the shareholders for a vote... they said the would note it on my account when it was necessary my broker would file the paper work to send the ballot to vote and then the form to tender and register my 40,000 shares.... I ask them if they thought it was on the level and they said they had been aware of it .... This is the part i dont understand... Why isnt everybody buying it at .05 cents by the boat load if they were gonna get .42 cents + a royalty bonus return by waiting untill i think the vote is May 22nd. So thats all the info i have on it....and until the vote is final and the money is in the bank i cant help to be skeptical.... if any one else wants to verify it you should be able can call your broker and see what thet say.... If you can add any more info and respond here it would be good for all involved.... or anyone who would still wants to purchase shares........Good luck & Thanks

here is a updated full disclosure on the buy out...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/CORREC...-14871341.html
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 04-07-2009 at 07:05 PM.

04-07-2009, 08:57 PM #6
    I have been reluctant to buy just because I don't fully know what is going on. In that last PR of the people who got on the website and voted if i recall correctly it was near 150-2 in favor of the buyout. I know they will be increasing the amount of shares to 1 billion from the current 200 million but won't affect the price of the buyout? Im confused but just might throw a little money at it as a gamble to see how it plays out

Mentor
    04-08-2009, 02:06 AM #7
    Was going to pick up 1000 shares in the morning at a nickle each, but scottrade wont let me trade it. It says I need to call the local branch office about this trade. By the time I get it done, it will be trading near 35 cents and I will be too late.

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    04-08-2009, 02:31 AM #8
    Was going to pick up 1000 shares in the morning at a nickle each, but scottrade wont let me trade it. It says I need to call the local branch office about this trade. By the time I get it done, it will be trading near 35 cents and I will be too late.
    Still holding tight on my shares I just picked up last few weeks of Ford... slightly edgy when it retraced a bit - but expected it technically....

Finally got rid of my pig of a penny stock - wgpwf.... actually made money on it - but had to wait for ever and a day for it to get pumped to the right height for an escape.

I'd like to edge into FNM and F some more if they retrace - will put in limits and hope for some luck.

04-08-2009, 03:07 AM #9
    I bet you can still get in at a good price. the latest update came out around 1pm and the price didnt move up much. I called scottrade yesterday and put in a GTC order for it at .0001 that way I would not have to call in later I can adjust it on my own once the broker puts it in. The thing is the price should have moved by now and it peaked at .075 after the news on modnday and then dropped quickly, so something is fishy...but if it gets legs I'll jump on for a ride

Addict
    04-08-2009, 06:47 PM #10
    Dang... serious gamblers here. You could make $20K with $1K... however, how many $1K's are y'all willing to lose before throwing the towel ???

I would not touch that damn Patriot energy for nothing...nothing. Its a flip of a coin...

I prefer to make $$$ somewhere else....

Page 1 of 3 123