Page 4 of 4 ... 234
    Enthusiast
    04-13-2009, 05:17 PM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by tvl View Post
    Please clarify your statement denb45:

I have a Lifetime subscription and I DO NOT receive the 128k stream. I do receive the Standard online stream which is free for the life of the receiver ............... but, there was no $2.99 to waive, because I am not receiving OR subscribing to the Premium feed.

Now, I was informed at one time by different customer service reps. that I would receive the premium feed once I signed up for the Lifetime subscription. That never occurred and is another story in itself! Free online listening is NOT streamed at 128k. 128k cost $2.99 per month for everyone.

Is this what you were trying to say in your original statement?

Thanks!
    YES, on the SIRIUS side, that is a fact, but it's a completely different story on the XM side, if your a lifetime sub, and you locked-in before MARCH 11th, 2009 with a lifetime sub on the XM-side, then your 128K on-line streaming is FREE for the life of your sub,this isn't the case for us on the SIRIUS side, the 128K has never been FREE w/ a sub, it has always been $2.99 +Tax, and $12.99 + Tax without a sub.........none of this has anything to do w/ us SIRIUS subs, but on the XM side, I here it's a total nightmare.........
    Last edited by denb45; 04-13-2009 at 05:23 PM.

Enthusiast
    04-13-2009, 10:28 PM #32
    John,

"The problem with yours and his arguement is it has been 5 years for XMSR and never before for SIRI (this would be the first increase in the 8 years since SIRI has been in bussiness (getting subs))."

My argument wasn't about Sirius but a more general statement. Noting that there are 2 sides of the balancing act. Maybe it had swung too far to the consumer, as your opinion suggests.

"Now as to you having people say that is the reason they are leaving then they are ether just using that as an excuse to do something they were planning on doing anyway or as a way to bargin."

You are a mind reader as well I presume? besides it is mostly an observation of people that "I" know that have or had the service. I personally know quite a few. As well as many I have read here.

Whereas I dont have use for the internet feed, I know of those that kept the subscription even though they didnt use it in their cars like they had. Yet they did use the internet feed and "overpaid" in their opinions out of the love for the service. But when siri changed the policy they decided no more.
    And believe me I used your argument of how long without an increase to no avail.

Your logic or insults don't matter to them ... their wallet does... they are now part of the churn.

Here is an example where I am unreasonable. Vending machines at my work recently changed the 20 oz to $1.15. I had been buying a few sodas a day at $1. Now that it is .15 extra I use it as a reason to not drink them and "save" money or buy a few extra shares of SIRI(at the time). Now in reality .15 over the year on how many I buy would not be that much. Yet it was enough to make me stop buying. Water is good for my figure at least Oh crap I just vented about it and it felt good

" it is not reasonable to bitch about the first ever price increase for SIRI (in 8 years) and at least 5 years if you are a XMSR sub. How else do you get that through your guys thick skulls."

wouldn't you say this is purely an opinion? and reasonable or not it is reality that many subscribers feel jilted. In the end will it be a more positive or negative effect remains to be seen. My opinion is that either way subs will increase and the bottom line will get better and better. But just maybe this wasn't the right time. But then again when is?

" The only way is to show how someone is being a dumbass and then because they were to stupid not to see that simple thing in the first place, I feel the need to make sure they know they were a dumbass, by actually saying it."

very obviously
    By the way I dont mind people venting just because it goes against my opinion. If your goal is to enlighten them that their reasoning is faulty, Insulting them is not the answer. You may "win" by virtue that they go away and I figure that alot of the time this is your real goal. But you will not make a positive influence on a potential (re-)subscriber for sure.
    Last edited by airman; 04-13-2009 at 11:02 PM.

Guru
    04-14-2009, 02:22 PM #33
    airman,
    First you say this;

"My argument wasn't about Sirius but a more general statement. Noting that there are 2 sides of the balancing act. Maybe it had swung too far to the consumer, as your opinion suggests."

Then this;

"You are a mind reader as well I presume? besides it is mostly an observation of people that "I" know that have or had the service. I personally know quite a few. As well as many I have read here.

Whereas I dont have use for the internet feed, I know of those that kept the subscription even though they didnt use it in their cars like they had. Yet they did use the internet feed and "overpaid" in their opinions out of the love for the service. But when siri changed the policy they decided no more.
    And believe me I used your argument of how long without an increase to no avail.

Your logic or insults don't matter to them ... their wallet does... they are now part of the churn."

I took both of these statements at the same time because they directly contradict each other because with SIRI and XMSR there is no MAYBE about it, there is no other service that has not raised the cost of getting there product in 8 years. Now as to me being a mind reader, no, I just know human nature and I have common sence. That tells me that your friends are lying to you or they are idiots. The reason is as simple as the one I gave before as (they could have saved money long ago in the first place) you said they did not use it in their car really anymore but used the internet, well if it was their wallets that they used as the reason then why did they not just use the internet in the first place long ago. It would have saved them 3 dollars a month a long time ago (internet connection only for SIRI 9.99). So you see that doesn't make any sense to me ether and I have found in general if it doesn't make sense then it is not true. Are you getting it yet, if not I will explain. You see you say they told you it was their wallets. Yet to save an extra 3 dollars they are not going to do something as simple as a phone call and on top of that there would have never even been a price increase for them, because of this common sense I say they are bullshiting you, or retarded. I have found that there are retards (I call them libs) out there that think it is ok to buy some Toyota, or Honda, or ect. car then think it is ok to complain about the Big Three outsourcing or why the economy is in the drink. Makes no sense right because they are part of the reason for the problem they are complaining about.

Next you siad this;

"Here is an example where I am unreasonable. Vending machines at my work recently changed the 20 oz to $1.15. I had been buying a few sodas a day at $1. Now that it is .15 extra I use it as a reason to not drink them and "save" money or buy a few extra shares of SIRI(at the time). Now in reality .15 over the year on how many I buy would not be that much. Yet it was enough to make me stop buying. Water is good for my figure at least Oh crap I just vented about it and it felt good."

Now this has to deal with a health issue. I can find the reasoning behind the choice there. Now if you were to tell me it was purely because of the cost. I would then look at the lenght of time between the price increase, what percentage, and your financial well being and then come to a reasonable most likely correct conclusion based on those issues.

Next you said this;

"wouldn't you say this is purely an opinion? and reasonable or not it is reality that many subscribers feel jilted. In the end will it be a more positive or negative effect remains to be seen. My opinion is that either way subs will increase and the bottom line will get better and better. But just maybe this wasn't the right time. But then again when is?"

in answer to this;

" it is not reasonable to bitch about the first ever price increase for SIRI (in 8 years) and at least 5 years if you are a XMSR sub. How else do you get that through your guys thick skulls."

Yes it is an opinion one that is the correct one. As stated before people that disagree must be living in caves right now because they must have cancelled everything else that increased its price in the last 5 and 8 years. Now since we dont see to many people living in caves that have jobs, I am of the correct opinion. As a matter of fact I will say anyone that is not a retard and disagrees cant be on this forum. Why you ask well that is simple I know their internet has gone up at least twice in the last 5 years and 3 times in the last 8 so those that actually think it is ok to bitch and cancel over the first price increase in 5 and 8 years must have canceled their internet by now. I am only using their logic after all.

As to the rest, as I said to Charles; Toy companies know almost exactly the ages of kids that should play with that toy. I am sure SIRIXM also knows just what the churn rate that will come from this and common sense is telling me they would not pour gas on a fire (If they already had a hard time keeping subs, then they would give them an additional reason to leave.).

Finally you said this;

"very obviously
    By the way I dont mind people venting just because it goes against my opinion. If your goal is to enlighten them that their reasoning is faulty, Insulting them is not the answer. You may "win" by virtue that they go away and I figure that alot of the time this is your real goal. But you will not make a positive influence on a potential (re-)subscriber for sure."

To be honest I dont mind venting ether (I do it). When I get insulting is when I have gone over and over and over the same reasoning before. My god there is a whole thread about this where Charles and I argued it to the ends of the earth. I also have to say you are right I dont want the idiots here. You want to know one big reason why the Yahoo board is a terrible place, well it is because they have all the idiots. I like to keep them to a minimum here. You know while over 2 years ago there was not to much traffic here but it was a place where some of the most intelligent (I am not included in that) people discussed SIRI/XMSR. Back then I did not even feel the need to sign up in the forums. Believe it or not while it may look like I am acting like I am a Yahoo poster I am actually a person that keeps them at bay and away.

Enthusiast
    04-16-2009, 01:50 PM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    airman,

Yes it is an opinion one that is the correct one. As stated before people that disagree must be living in caves right now because they must have cancelled everything else that increased its price in the last 5 and 8 years.
    It is tiring trying to discuss with you sometimes so I am not going to answer everything.

#1 there is no such thing as a "correct" opinion. That I am sorry is ego talking.

#2 My point was it doesn't matter to the people that are canceling if their opinion is "correct" or if their logic is not superior. They are still canceling! If enough people have this "incorrect" opinion it will hurt us all as stockholders. As you said too and I also said before. we shall see if it was wise to do at this time. I know the company NEEDS the money. But personally I have seen a rather large percentage feel they are getting burned. And unfortunately a large percentage of them have already acted on it and canceled. I just hope I am in a microcasm.

#3 Berating a person because of their opinion or experience is not a way to convince them otherwise.(where this started) You may say leave we don't want you or call them a liar .... but as a long I say I want everyone I can convince to stay even if I disagree with them. Try to convince them that it is worth it to keep it. Try to understand where they are coming from. Understanding an agreeing are different things by the way.

#4 Have you ever canceled anything because the price went up? Did it matter to you if the company had ever raised the prices before? If you did ...did you cancel everything else? That is a lame argument. In the end people will pay for things they feel are worth the value to them at the time as well as what they feel they could afford.
    If their cellphone,cable and sat radio goes up ... they wouldn't cancel them all. They would cancel the ones that they could live without regardless of the logic of why it went up.

#5 there are many reasons why people are upset "logical or not , correct or not". I was just relaying what I have seen personally.
    Imply I am incorrect all you want. It is what people I personally know say there experience and reasons for thinking of canceling are.
    But of course they are liars. Or am I?

They guy vented in his own thread too so he respected not going into the daily to do it. Then gets bashed and called a liar.
    Last edited by airman; 04-16-2009 at 02:09 PM.

Guru
    04-16-2009, 03:58 PM #35
    airman, I have another opinion that is correct, you are a moron.

I had to do that that was to funny to let go.

First you say this:

"It is tiring trying to discuss with you sometimes so I am not going to answer everything."

That is some of the most moronic bullshit I have ever heard. Why, well I'll tell you. First you say that, then spend the time to put out a long post on the other things I wrote. You people make excuses like that all the time, it is a weak debater that does that. You call me unresonable yet you cant even bring yourselves to admit you were wrong on those points and I was correct. When in an arguement if you want to keep the arguement reasonable then you stay with every issue of the arguement that you disagree with and admit to the ones you were found to be wrong on. That gos for anything you cant come up with that doesn't have a logical answer to.

then you said this:

"#1 there is no such thing as a "correct" opinion. That I am sorry is ego talking."

Once again proof of you being a moron. When I had the opinion that Tate would not force HD radio into satellite radio to approve the merger, I had the CORRECT opinion, right. People who thought otherwise had the WRONG opinion, right.

When I had the opinion that used cars were going to be another steam of free revenue (because they already paid for them) that was as we found out in the next CC a month and a half later when SIRI said almost the samething, that opinion was CORRECT, right.

I did not say it was a consensus, that just because alot of people think the same way, it makes it true or correct.

Then you said this.

"#2 My point was it doesn't matter to the people that are canceling if their opinion is "correct" or if their logic is not superior. They are still canceling! If enough people have this "incorrect" opinion it will hurt us all as stockholders. As you said too and I also said before. we shall see if it was wise to do at this time. I know the company NEEDS the money. But personally I have seen a rather large percentage feel they are getting burned. And unfortunately a large percentage of them have already acted on it and canceled. I just hope I am in a microcasm."

Now as I said before and it is getting sicking that it has to be repeated so many times. It is not the 2 dollar increase in family plans/internet that they are cancelling. These people would have canceled anyway for other reasons, or they are purely lying about cancelling. Heres the proof, Hense why the churn rate has not increased to much considering the economy. If what they are telling you is true we would be seeing a 2.3 or higher churn rate, DHAAAA. Yet we have not seen it, have we DHAAAA. You do know what the churn rate is right. It tells you just how many people are not willing to pay for the service. To be honest I am surprised the churn rate has not gone over 2% just because of the economy alone.

Then you said this:

"#3 Berating a person because of their opinion or experience is not a way to convince them otherwise.(where this started) You may say leave we don't want you or call them a liar .... but as a long I say I want everyone I can convince to stay even if I disagree with them. Try to convince them that it is worth it to keep it. Try to understand where they are coming from. Understanding an agreeing are different things by the way."

I dont know how much clearer I can be they are ether lying or were going to leave anyway. This may come as a surprise to you but some people like to bitch just to bitch, they dont really need a reason.

P.S. That does not include me I need some dumb ass to try and put up some illogical bull crap for me to argue. It is also why you dont see me pissing and moaning about the first increase after 8 years.

Then you had this dumb ass comment:

"#4 Have you ever canceled anything because the price went up? Did it matter to you if the company had ever raised the prices before? If you did ...did you cancel everything else? That is a lame argument. In the end people will pay for things they feel are worth the value to them at the time as well as what they feel they could afford.
    If their cellphone,cable and sat radio goes up ... they wouldn't cancel them all. They would cancel the ones that they could live without regardless of the logic of why it went up."

First of all, I have already told you before it depends on how many times they increased their prices and the time periods or dont you recall this comment;

"Next, as for the bitching, as I said if they increased their prices for a second time in the last year, then I would most likely said nothing about the bitching and maybe joined in myself. The problem with yours and his arguement is it has been 5 years for XMSR and never before for SIRI (this would be the first increase in the 8 years since SIRI has been in bussiness (getting subs)). There is nothing to bitch about yet."

Then you nim rods wonder why I get pissed at you, well it is because you cant retain information for that long and I have to repeat the very samething again.

As to your other question (if the above did not answer it) if they had increased their prices a few times in the last year, yes I would cancel. Your problem with this is SIRIXM has not done this and has not done anything even close to it. So as for your calling the arguement lame, NO it is your response that is lame. As to the rest of your comment chances are they will cancel the ones that raised their prices multiple times and if there is another option out there or not. The problem is with satelite radio there really is no other option. Dont even try to say terrestrial because that would akin to going from your cell to a land line.

Then you said this:

"#5 there are many reasons why people are upset "logical or not , correct or not". I was just relaying what I have seen personally.
    Imply I am incorrect all you want. It is what people I personally know say there experience and reasons for thinking of canceling are.
    But of course they are liars. Or am I?"

Once again the present churn rate calls you or your friends liers not me.

Finally one of the dumbest statements:

"They guy vented in his own thread too so he respected not going into the daily to do it. Then gets bashed and called a liar."

He did it to get more attention, Weather you know this or not it does not matter but first of all he put it in the part of the forum that gets the most people viewing it (it was latter moved). Then there is the fact that all new thread titles get posted on the front page of this site. There is an off topic thread that he could have posted in if he wanted. Hell to be honest I dont care where he put it, when he comes up with an illogical complaint like that he should be prepared to be called on it.

Enthusiast
    04-16-2009, 08:21 PM #36
    John,

You are right I am a moron and your steel trap "logic" and godly "opinions" are always the most correct. This is why I need not argue/discuss/talk with you. I didn't even need to read past the first sentence of your last post to understand you are right, I should believe you over people I know to be truthful and have character. Even when they are discussing a reason "THEY" did something.

You win again.
    Have a nice one.
    Last edited by airman; 04-16-2009 at 08:35 PM.

Mentor
    04-16-2009, 09:53 PM #37
    I have now learned that when a post like this come up, I need to delete it immediately an quit thinking that it dies out quickly enough on its own.

This argument is rediculous and good people are getting pissed off and flaming each other.

This thread is officially locked.

Page 4 of 4 ... 234