Page 3 of 4 1234
    Enthusiast
    04-13-2009, 12:59 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by cdogstu99 View Post
    Yes, i have paid month to month. And unfortunately, no i did not notice any long term offers. I am not interested in locking up my hard earned money over a long term period of time. I would prefer paying by month. Regardless, they still jacked up the prices. You can try and sugarcoat this fact as much as you'd like, but it's the truth.
    No they have not, nobodies holding a gun to your head to have SRI-XMRO @ 128k, here's an Idea, just buy a home-dock, (for $49.99 and use a outside antenna), it works I've done it, if you have a clear-shot-of-the sky......a lot cheaper that way........

04-13-2009, 01:22 PM #22
    You're joking right? So, I've been paying $12.95 for five years and received a satellite signal in my car and online. Now I have to pay $12.95 + $2.95 for the same exact service. How is this not a price increase?

Guru
    04-13-2009, 01:24 PM #23
    Yes, i have paid month to month. And unfortunately, no i did not notice any long term offers. I am not interested in locking up my hard earned money over a long term period of time. I would prefer paying by month. Regardless, they still jacked up the prices. You can try and sugarcoat this fact as much as you'd like, but it's the truth.

airman, you see this is the moronic crap I am talking about. This guy could have saved himself over a buck a month or 478 dollars over the last 5 if he would have got the life time plan (299 back then). Ok maybe or he wanted to see if he liked it first but he should have known if he was going to keep it or not after a years time so 322 dollars lost. So now he is going to complain about 3 bucks more a month after losing a minium of 322 dollars, yea that makes alot of sense right. I say get your dumb ass outa here.

I am "cdogstu99" and I am not going to take out a money market account at 10% because it will limit my access to my *DISPOSABLE* cash. See how stupid that sounds.

Guru
    04-13-2009, 01:32 PM #24
    You're joking right? So, I've been paying $12.95 for five years and received a satellite signal in my car and online. Now I have to pay $12.95 + $2.95 for the same exact service. How is this not a price increase?

Your joking right, what other service have you ever had that has not increased over the last 5 years. So you living in a cave also because you must have cancelled every service that increased their price which by the way is every service. How the hell are you even here because I know your internet service has gone up over the last 5 years. According to your logic you should not even be here now, or maybe you should just get back to work and stop messing around on the internet when you should be working.

P.S. What he is talking about is just using a regular satellite radio because with that set up you can get it in your home and not need the internet.
    Last edited by john; 04-13-2009 at 01:37 PM.

04-13-2009, 01:32 PM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    airman, you see this is the moronic crap I am talking about. This guy could have saved himself over a buck a month or 478 dollars over the last 5 if he would have got the life time plan (299 back then). Ok maybe or he wanted to see if he liked it first but he should have known if he was going to keep it or not after a years time so 322 dollars lost. So now he is going to complain about 3 bucks more a month after losing a minium of 322 dollars, yea that makes alot of sense right. I say get your dumb ass outa here.

I am "cdogstu99" and I am not going to take out a money market account at 10% because it will limit my access to my *DISPOSABLE* cash. See how stupid that sounds.
    First of all John, calling someone a moron for complaining about a price hike is actually probably more "moronic" than my argument. Sure, i could have buckled down and saved a few bucks on a long term plan, but sorry if i have had other financial obligations that needed to be met before doing so. Plus, not sure if you've been hiding in this forum for shelter, but Sirius has encountered some pretty rough financial waters. I think maybe you'd be the one considered a "moron" for paying up front over several years to a company who could potentially not exist in two years time. Gotta weigh the risks in making a decision like that. But, obviously you're so brainwashed that i'm sure that never even crossed your mind.

Enthusiast
    04-13-2009, 01:34 PM #26
    The $2.99 is for the on-line-stream @ 128K for me that was NEVER FREE in the 1st place, I have been paying for that for the last 3 yrs. as well as my quarterly sub of $38.83 + Tax of $2.62= $41.45 the 128k for me is an additional $2.99 + Tax .20 = $3.19 each and every month, that has NEVER been a part of my sub, it's a recurring charge every month, I think you're confused about how this works ...........

If your a Lifetime sub, the $2.99 is WAVED and it's a part of your sub, and it's FREE for the lifetime of that sub if you're something other than a lifetime sub, Good luck getting the 128k stream for FREE, as of MARCH 11th 2009, I can assure you that it's not gonna happen......NO, it's not a price increase for the service you already had, the 128k stream is NO LONGER FREE for non-lifetime subs, what part of that don't you understand?
    Last edited by denb45; 04-13-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Guru
    04-13-2009, 01:46 PM #27
    First of all John, calling someone a moron for complaining about a price hike is actually probably more "moronic" than my argument. Sure, i could have buckled down and saved a few bucks on a long term plan, but sorry if i have had other financial obligations that needed to be met before doing so. Plus, not sure if you've been hiding in this forum for shelter, but Sirius has encountered some pretty rough financial waters. I think maybe you'd be the one considered a "moron" for paying up front over several years to a company who could potentially not exist in two years time. Gotta weigh the risks in making a decision like that. But, obviously you're so brainwashed that i'm sure that never even crossed your mind.

You are an idiot first of all you think if GM gos bankrupt they will just stop making cars get a clue. Kmart went bankrupt for the 3rd time yet you can still shop at Kmart. Its easy Kmart owned the stores Circut City doesn't. You only need to look at the bussiness model for satellite radio to know noone is going to lose the revenue stearm of 20 million subscribers or let 4 billion in satellite equipment just orbit as space junk.

P.S. It is not like they just increased you price 3 times in the last year. That I could understand maybe even if it was the second time in that year. TRY IT HAS HAPPENED ONLY ONCE IN THE LAST 5 YEARS. That is the problem most have with you dip wads complants. your talking about one increase in over 5 years thats where you are being stupid.

P.P.S. Another example of you stupidity. I am sure you were fine with your company increasing its prices for the service/product it provides over the last 5 years. I know they did because I have know doubt that you and your coworkers have been getting some kind of raises over the last 5 years. Then again you most likely think your company just said; no we wont increase our prices, we will just absorb the cost of living raises, ect., ect. off our profits over the last 5 years. Yea thats how companies stay in bussiness
    Last edited by john; 04-13-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Enthusiast
    04-13-2009, 03:47 PM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    You are an idiot first of all you think if GM gos bankrupt they will just stop making cars get a clue. Kmart went bankrupt for the 3rd time yet you can still shop at Kmart. Its easy Kmart owned the stores Circut City doesn't. You only need to look at the bussiness model for satellite radio to know noone is going to lose the revenue stearm of 20 million subscribers or let 4 billion in satellite equipment just orbit as space junk.
    My original point was not to throw insults on people. I know you have a weakness for this if you believe the insult to be true.

I think he has a point though. If the company had gone through bankruptcy there was a chance that it could have been dissolved and sold off.
    Another possibility is that they could have gotten the judge to strike down the lifetime contracts(probably not but it could have happened).

Also if there were not pressure from the consumers(bitching about prices and canceling) business would run rampant. If you are a smart business you raise rates till there is a certain amount of churn. Just like business lower their raises to their employees until the attrition rate reaches a certain level. Balancing act.
    I just don't want them to piss too many people off while I am still invested. And that is what I am hearing from most I know personally that have or recently had subscriptions. It may seem petty but it is reality that many people are canceling or thinking of canceling because of it. I don't use the internet for music(except my personal library)anyway so that part makes no difference to me. I don't like rate hikes by anyone I do business with They all adds up is the problem.

With that said I personally am waiting to sell a few shares once we top .60 that I am going to invest in a lifetime sub. I am trying to get them to make a deal for a longer term contract for the aviation weather as well.
    Last edited by airman; 04-13-2009 at 03:57 PM.

Guru
    04-13-2009, 04:42 PM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    My original point was not to throw insults on people. I know you have a weakness for this if you believe the insult to be true.

I think he has a point though. If the company had gone through bankruptcy there was a chance that it could have been dissolved and sold off.
    Another possibility is that they could have gotten the judge to strike down the lifetime contracts(probably not but it could have happened).

Also if there were not pressure from the consumers(bitching about prices and canceling) business would run rampant. If you are a smart business you raise rates till there is a certain amount of churn. Just like business lower their raises to their employees until the attrition rate reaches a certain level. Balancing act.
    I just don't want them to piss too many people off while I am still invested. And that is what I am hearing from most I know personally that have or recently had subscriptions. It may seem petty but it is reality that many people are canceling or thinking of canceling because of it. I don't use the internet for music(except my personal library)anyway so that part makes no difference to me. I don't like rate hikes by anyone I do business with They all adds up is the problem.

With that said I personally am waiting to sell a few shares once we top .60 that I am going to invest in a lifetime sub. I am trying to get them to make a deal for a longer term contract for the aviation weather as well.

airman, if they have a reasonable comment I dont ether. Take yours for instance, I dont agree with most of it but there are some debatable points. While there was a (slim) chance for it happening a short while ago (even then it would have looked more like a take over then a bankruptcy). What about 5 years ago when he first signed up or even 4 years ago, nobody was talking bankruptcy.

Next, as for the bitching, as I said if they increased their prices for a second time in the last year, then I would most likely said nothing about the bitching and maybe joined in myself. The problem with yours and his arguement is it has been 5 years for XMSR and never before for SIRI (this would be the first increase in the 8 years since SIRI has been in bussiness (getting subs)). There is nothing to bitch about yet.

Now as to you having people say that is the reason they are leaving then they are ether just using that as an excuse to do something they were planning on doing anyway or as a way to bargin. Ether way It does no good to bitch to you are I or here for that matter take that up with the company, because while as you say if you never bitch about a price increase then maybe that would happen, prices would run rampade. That is not what we are talking about in this case though, it is not reasonable to bitch about the first ever price increase for SIRI (in 8 years) and at least 5 years if you are a XMSR sub. How else do you get that through your guys thick skulls. The only way is to show how someone is being a dumbass and then because they were to stupid not to see that simple thing in the first place, I feel the need to make sure they know they were a dumbass, by actually saying it.

P.S. I used the words "you' or "your" it was not ment to be directed towards you "airman" but the idiots that think this increase is to much for them to stay with the company.
    Last edited by john; 04-13-2009 at 04:55 PM.

04-13-2009, 04:54 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by denb45 View Post
    If your a Lifetime sub, the $2.99 is WAVED and it's a part of your sub, and it's FREE for the lifetime of that sub if you're something other than a lifetime sub, Good luck getting the 128k stream for FREE, as of MARCH 11th 2009, I can assure you that it's not gonna happen......NO, it's not a price increase for the service you already had, the 128k stream is NO LONGER FREE for non-lifetime subs, what part of that don't you understand?

Please clarify your statement denb45:

I have a Lifetime subscription and I DO NOT receive the 128k stream. I do receive the Standard online stream which is free for the life of the receiver ............... but, there was no $2.99 to waive, because I am not receiving OR subscribing to the Premium feed.

Now, I was informed at one time by different customer service reps. that I would receive the premium feed once I signed up for the Lifetime subscription. That never occurred and is another story in itself! Free online listening is NOT streamed at 128k. 128k cost $2.99 per month for everyone.

Is this what you were trying to say in your original statement?

Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 1234