04-13-2009, 12:02 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanstar View Post
    I give up enjoy your forum ! You really dont get it

Get lost...idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enthusiast
    04-13-2009, 08:46 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXMInvestor View Post
    Get lost...idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy opens separate thread, as is said to be done here. Vents a little about his service experience. And the trolls come out.

Although this board has lots of good info, But some of you are all about calling people idiots and liars when the message isn't what you want to hear.

What class! And you talk about people on the yahoo board.

I am neither defending or supporting the original poster or his post. I am just noting the character and class of some of the responders.
    Flame away on me as well, I know it is coming.
    Last edited by airman; 04-13-2009 at 08:59 AM.

04-13-2009, 09:23 AM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    The guy opens separate thread, as is said to be done here. Vents a little about his service experience. And the trolls come out.

Although this board has lots of good info, But some of you are all about calling people idiots and liars when the message isn't what you want to hear.

I am neither defending or supporting the original poster or his post. I am just noting the character and class of some of the responders.
    No Airman, You shouldn't be taken to the streets and beaten. You are just trying to keep this in prospective and keep alittle civility in this group. If someone needs to get thier ass kicked, it should be me. I responded to his post because I felt that he is just alittle pissed off at some crappy customer service, but truly felt that this is a GREAT PRODUCT!!!! Maybe I should have looked at it from the point that this forum is SUPPOSED to pull out objective data, not subjective data. I believed that he was mistreated when he called, but it appears that he was treated appropiately. He just didn't like that he was not dealt with in the way that he felt he should have been treated. But the point is that he didn't have to hold a sign up on this site SCREAMING the word "cancel". People see that and begin to pull the knives out and as I stated from my first response, I felt that way initially. The one thing I hate is that if you dislike something so much, why come to a place where everyone loves it? I hate bitches, so I don't go to my ex's house anymore.

Enthusiast
    04-13-2009, 09:38 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by edeyoung99 View Post
    If someone needs to get thier ass kicked, it should be me.
    Yours and some others posts were not what I was talking about. There are a few here that clearly cross the line regularly.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out inconsistencies and asking about them ...or disagreeing. It is the manner that you do it. But calling someone an idiot or liar show the character of the responders that do that.

04-13-2009, 10:28 AM #16
    jordanstar, i am in complete agreement with you.

my letter to sirius:

I have been a loyal subscriber to your service for over 5 years now. As it stands, $12.95 per month was getting to be something that i saw as somewhat expendable. (especially in this current economic environment) You are now trying to charge me an extra $3/month for online service?? Please, this is ridiculous. Trying to make up for company misteps by charging customers excess fees for a service that has not changed or improved (does anyone really care about online high quality sound?) is a big mistake. Please cancel my service immediately.

Sincerely,

Guru
    04-13-2009, 11:41 AM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    No offence, but do you cancel your cell phone bill every time they raise their rates? How about your cable or satellite when they raise their prices? It would be a shame if you do it when they raise the electricity rates...

The fact is, if you have been with Sirius since 2003, you have experienced only one rate hike in your entire lifespan with Sirius. This would be number 2. God, if only I had only had 2 rate increases on my cell phone...

The other fact is that many have known about these rate hikes since December. They sent out emails to all of their subscribers letting them know about the rate hike, and the fact that you could lock in your current rate by signing up for a long-term contract.
    I will not say that YOU recieved an email, because I have missed emails for XM as well for whatever reason, but the fact is that the rate hike was public knowledge for at least 3 months before it happened. That being said, I still think they should give you the opportunity to lock in the same price you had before now, as long as you do so over an extended contract. Speak to a supervisor like ede mentioned and see what you can do but past that I don't see this as anyones fault (including yourself). Shit happens. Deal with it however you see necessary. If that involves canceling your account, then so be it.

Newman, I would just like to point out that he said he was with SIRI not XMSR. So that means he has not even had the one increase XMSR did to bring itself up to the original amount SIRI has always had. That means that in 5 years he did not have a increase (or since he joined). As for the rest of it, it reminds me of the "you must be living in a rent free cave by now" remark I gave the last time this issue was brought up (same point). It is ridiculous to expect prices to remain the same for so long. Has any of these types ever heard of inflation.

Guru
    04-13-2009, 11:51 AM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post

The reason the Yahoo boards are the way they are is because it has so many dumb ass people like this guy getting away with putting dumbass post like the one he just did. I mean come on how many times have you just let a CSR just tell you that is all I can do without getting a supervisor on the line.

P.S. For those that do, you will find asking for a supervisor will get you alot further then just talking to a CSR. That gos for everything, not just satellite radio.

Mentor
    04-13-2009, 12:37 PM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by cdogstu99 View Post
    jordanstar, i am in complete agreement with you.

my letter to sirius:

I have been a loyal subscriber to your service for over 5 years now. As it stands, $12.95 per month was getting to be something that i saw as somewhat expendable. (especially in this current economic environment) You are now trying to charge me an extra $3/month for online service?? Please, this is ridiculous. Trying to make up for company misteps by charging customers excess fees for a service that has not changed or improved (does anyone really care about online high quality sound?) is a big mistake. Please cancel my service immediately.

Sincerely,

I take the same issue with this post as I did with the first one:
    You have been a "loyal" subscriber for over 5 years but you have ALWAYS paid month to month? Never in those 5 years did you opt for a longer term contract to save money, not even 3 or 6 months?

Did you ALSO not recieve an email announcing the rate increase and offers for longer term cnotracts to lock in the free internet? Did you just delete it without reading it or just clear it out with your spam folder? Also, how do you pay your bill each and every month? I assume it is over the internet, because you would have mentioned your displeasure with the $1 invoice fee that they charge for mailing you your bill... so do you log into the website every single month to pay the bill? Or is it automatically billed? Because if you log in every month, you will notice that Sirius (and XM) had the rate increase prominantly displayed on the website...

One of the things that I have learned is never blame anyone else for my own mistakes or failure to act...

04-13-2009, 12:49 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I take the same issue with this post as I did with the first one:
    You have been a "loyal" subscriber for over 5 years but you have ALWAYS paid month to month? Never in those 5 years did you opt for a longer term contract to save money, not even 3 or 6 months?

Did you ALSO not recieve an email announcing the rate increase and offers for longer term cnotracts to lock in the free internet? Did you just delete it without reading it or just clear it out with your spam folder? Also, how do you pay your bill each and every month? I assume it is over the internet, because you would have mentioned your displeasure with the $1 invoice fee that they charge for mailing you your bill... so do you log into the website every single month to pay the bill? Or is it automatically billed? Because if you log in every month, you will notice that Sirius (and XM) had the rate increase prominantly displayed on the website...

One of the things that I have learned is never blame anyone else for my own mistakes or failure to act...
    Yes, i have paid month to month. And unfortunately, no i did not notice any long term offers. I am not interested in locking up my hard earned money over a long term period of time. I would prefer paying by month. Regardless, they still jacked up the prices. You can try and sugarcoat this fact as much as you'd like, but it's the truth.

Page 2 of 4 1234