Page 1 of 4 123 ...
    04-12-2009, 10:12 AM #1

Angry This is why i cancelled

Incase Sirius actually reads this log; I will try to explain why I cancelled my Sirius membership.
    Let me start by stating that I had been a member since 2003 so it’s been a long time .. I bought the stock at .62 and rode it up to 9 dollars watched them grow and expand, I also was not a fan of the merger but that’s neither here nor there since its already said and done.
    So why I cancelled ...
    First reason was that they just ticked me off... I logged in to listen online and was told that I am not allowed to do that anymore since Sirius has changed its terms of use and now they charge $2 a month to listen online.
    Second is the fact that my receiver is falling apart and the suction cup keeps dropping the receiver on my lap as a drive every couple of days.
    So when I called and explained to the Sirius rep that I am extremely upset that they cancelled my online listening privileges the rep advised me that there was a change in the terms of usage and that there was nothing that they could do about it. Furthermore, I was advised that I am able to keep the online listening now by paying an extra $2 a month.
    At that point I was just ticked off by this and asked the representivie to cancel my membership or restore my online listening privileges the way they were before Sirius decided to change my terms of use.
    The representive offered me a month of free service in exchange for retaining my membership. At that point of time I advised him that I would be paying
    $2*12 months a year which would mean that you will give me $12.95 but jack up my price by 24 dollars a year... sounds like a great idea! I don’t think so.
    The representative advised me that there is nothing he can for me and that he would gladly cancel my membership. In addition, he advised me to email Sirius and let them know that I am not happy. So , I cancelled my membership going on 2 months now, sometimes I miss it but Sirius doesn’t really need my business so that is even more insulting since I feel that I probably would have been their loyal fan if they just respected me more.
    To add to the insult a friend of mine called in and told them he didn’t feel like paying of the service anymore.. They offered him a free receiver and car kit, a bunch of free months and the guy hasn’t had Sirius for a year or so.
    If Sirius thinks they don’t need their ***older and more loyal fans*** then good for them , maybe they will invest more in people that buy the kit for a few months then throw it away cause they don’t want to pay for it
    I still miss Sirius and want it back but Sirius is something that I like to have and not something that I need... so unless Sirius rethinks the way they are doing things ...I will not buy back.

04-12-2009, 12:13 PM #2
    When I initially saw your post, I thought, "Oh, another basher", but as I read from your post taht you are not. You are an upset customer. Although I can't apoligize for the actions of the person that assisted you, I believe I can offer words of encouragement. First, it appears that you were/are upset about the $2 additional fee. I understand. These things do happen in businesses that have to find some way to increase revenue. Now, even though it has come across as underhanded, I believe that it was not Siriusxm's intent. The second issue that you have is that the suction cup won't stay. I have been there AND IT SUCKS!!! But sometimes due to heat, the rubber expands or moisture accumulates which doesn't allow the suction cup to stick. Or it could be just the fact that it is old. You have been a valued cutomer for awhile,right? I know that it sounds like I am making up excuses for Sirius BECAUSE I AM!!!! But i am not doing it for them, I am doing it for you and I have a valid reason for doing so. Do any of those reasons sound like they can be true? I believe they do. Do you miss Sirius? I believe you do(you said so). Well, i am just helping you to come up with reasons to come back. Don't let that customer service rep talk you out of something that you love so much. It is a great product. So, here's what you do. You call back, but you DEMAND to speak to the manager on duty. You explain to the manager that you need immediate help to rectify your current situation. If they are unwilling to help you, then you speak to thier supervisor. Now this is the most important part....DO NOT STOP UNTIL YOU GET WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY!!!! I believe that is your Siriusxm back. Remember, you are the one that rides in your car, not the customer service rep.

Banned
    04-12-2009, 12:44 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanstar View Post
    I logged in to listen online and was told that I am not allowed to do that anymore since Sirius has changed its terms of use and now they charge $2 a month to listen online.
    Furthermore, I was advised that I am able to keep the online listening now by paying an extra $2 a month.

So , I cancelled my membership going on 2 months now, sometimes I miss it but Sirius doesn’t really need my business so that is even more insulting since I feel that I probably would have been their loyal fan if they just respected me more.
    Some might think you are an unhappy customer. I'm not so convinced. Sirius started charging for online service exacly 1 month ago. If you had called 2 months ago, you would have 1) been able to listen to online for free for the remainder of your contract following March 11th, or 2) been able to extend your contract and listen for free for the remainder of that new contract.

When I look at this post, I see a bash. So you made a ton of money on the stock and you aren't willing to spend $20/year to get online service? Not buying it for a second.

Enthusiast
    04-12-2009, 12:58 PM #4
    If you don't like Sirius, I don't think you'll be happy with XM even tho they are the same company now, I'd take good long look at what you really want, and go form there, don't let one phone call make up your mind, Try Again, and tell them "You Want a Deal" you might be sup prized what you can get out of it

Mentor
    04-12-2009, 01:37 PM #5
    No offence, but do you cancel your cell phone bill every time they raise their rates? How about your cable or satellite when they raise their prices? It would be a shame if you do it when they raise the electricity rates...

The fact is, if you have been with Sirius since 2003, you have experienced only one rate hike in your entire lifespan with Sirius. This would be number 2. God, if only I had only had 2 rate increases on my cell phone...

The other fact is that many have known about these rate hikes since December. They sent out emails to all of their subscribers letting them know about the rate hike, and the fact that you could lock in your current rate by signing up for a long-term contract.
    I will not say that YOU recieved an email, because I have missed emails for XM as well for whatever reason, but the fact is that the rate hike was public knowledge for at least 3 months before it happened. That being said, I still think they should give you the opportunity to lock in the same price you had before now, as long as you do so over an extended contract. Speak to a supervisor like ede mentioned and see what you can do but past that I don't see this as anyones fault (including yourself). Shit happens. Deal with it however you see necessary. If that involves canceling your account, then so be it.

04-12-2009, 02:03 PM #6

Angry Basher! come on .. (part 2)

I am not bashing.. i want sirius back .. only reason i posted here is that i hope that Mel or someone from his team reads this and reconsiders the way they are treating their customers. Its hard to understand when you contact a companys customer service and you get the feeling that your talking to a different company. They made me feel as if i should be talking to sirius instead of sirius customer service about my issue.. !

Thank you for contacting SIRIUS regarding the cancellation of your
    service. We are here to assist you!

we certainly understand your concern and regret that you
    cancelled your service.
    We reviewed your account and coded your receiver for a special rate.
    For a quarterly subscription you will pay $12.95, after the 3 month
    period ends you will automatically be charged the regular rate of
    $38.85, a semi annual subscription will cost you $51.80, after the semi
    annual period ends it will automatically renew at the regular rate of
    $77.70 and a 1 year subscription will cost $116.55 and will
    automatically renew at the regular rate of $142.45.

we do understand your unhappiness with the loss of the fee
    internet radio. Please contact SIRIUS Customer Care at the number below
    and discuss this with them and let them know you have been a loyal
    customer, also remember to tell them about your broken
    receiver.

We are committed to providing you with the best in customer care. If
    you have any more questions, please feel free to contact SIRIUS Customer
    Care. For your convenience, we are available 7 days a week at:

SIRIUS RADIO
    1221 Avenue of the Americas
    New York, NY 10020
    www.sirius.com
    SIRIUS Customer Care: 1-888-539-7474

As well as by email at:

www.sirius.com/customercare

And you can always manage your account 24/7 by visiting our website at:

www.sirius.com

Have a great day and continue to enjoy our 100% commercial-free music

Banned
    04-12-2009, 03:44 PM #7
    BUSTED! You really should use spellchecker before making an outright lie..

You made this up:

(should have capitalized the "W")

we certainly understand your concern and regret that you
    cancelled your service.

(should have capitalized the "W")

we
    do understand your unhappiness with the loss of the fee (as in free?) internet radio.

I'm sure most of the rest is accurate, but your outright lie discredits your whole argument.

The fact is that everyday, another new person with a history of ZERO posts decides to come here on this very thread and becomes expert enough to know to put the little red pissed off guy at the top of the forum with exactly the same story. Bullshit!

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1801

Enthusiast
    04-12-2009, 04:19 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    The fact is that everyday, another new person with a history of ZERO posts decides to come here on this very thread and becomes expert enough to know to put the little red pissed off guy at the top of the forum with exactly the same story. Bullshit!

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1801
    Yeah, and some of them change screen names as often as underwear

http://www.curezone.com/forums/troll.asp
    Last edited by denb45; 04-12-2009 at 04:39 PM.

04-12-2009, 04:51 PM #9

I give up

I give up enjoy your forum ! You really dont get it

Mentor
    04-12-2009, 08:21 PM #10
    No jordanstar, YOU dont get it... or maybe you are not explaning yourself appropriately.

What is up with the numerous typos in the post above? It is obviously not a copy/paste... did you actually go through and retype the whole letter? I doubt it...

But besides that, why did you create a completely new post about this? Was it better to do that than address any of the suggestions or concerns that people had with your previous post?

As an investor, I am surprised that you did not know about the rate hikes. Maybe it is just me, but I followup on companies that I am invested in moe than one time every 3 months... you should have seen the SEC announcment regarding the rate increase. Maybe it is just me, but all of the companies that I am invested long term in, I have signed up with investor relations for SEC updates. Maybe it is just because I am anal...

Page 1 of 4 123 ...