Page 8 of 30 ... 67891018 ...
    Guru
    04-09-2009, 12:11 PM #71
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Ask Brandon why he edited the article before he posted it on Satwaves then. If it was truly his best, why change it before posting it on his site? Look, some people are coming to this late but, the reality is, I was looking to help him tweak the article and strengthen it... NOT CHANGE IT. If you guys want to comment please make sure you understand what actually happened.

Charles, you are not an editor. You are a tech guy when it comes to the site that you and Tyler started. There was a reason both of your sites could not make it on there own. Tyler needed your skill for developing the site and you needed Tyler for his knowledge of SIRI and XMSR. That much is common sense. Now as for how much has Brandon done for you as of late. I would say a bunch considering Tyler has been gone from the article writing for some time. I also know Charles that you can and do come across as condescending. Weather you can admit that is neather here nor there it is fact (I know this because I do it also). You have a tendency to talk to people (at least on this site) like it is ether your way or the highway. You may not think you are doing it but believe me you are. You most likely still think that Email you sent me was a civil Email, it was not. Basically Brandon would have most likely reacted differently if you put your suggestions about his article in such a way that it was only a suggestion and not in a way that made you sound like you where his editor. Now as said before, I dont have to know what was talked about before because I know you Charles (as far as the way you act on this site) and the way you put things, to know you put it to Brandon the wrong way.

P.S. I will say this again when I say things the way I do, people are like well he is just a wacked out prick. When you do it, you are the owner of the site. The point is I could say the samething as you but would be taken diffrerently.
    Last edited by john; 04-09-2009 at 12:17 PM.

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    04-09-2009, 12:12 PM #72
    Quote Originally Posted by SIRIHILL View Post
    You would think that SIRI would want to come out with some advertising before Easter weekend when friends and family will be hanging around and talking about new things...and when people are visiting the beaches and traveling around. Seems like having SIRI in the conversation would be a good thing.

If they announce all of the news late in the year...most people will have already spent money on what is available now.

Does this make sense to you all?
    No their marketing strategy sucks. If anyone from Corporate is viewing, I will work for free, just pay expenses. I will do this for ninety days.

04-09-2009, 12:19 PM #73
    Bboooo yaaaaa yay .34!

Addict
    04-09-2009, 12:19 PM #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Gambler View Post
    No their marketing strategy sucks. If anyone from Corporate is viewing, I will work for free, just pay expenses. I will do this for ninety days.
    IMHO, i think we are seeing a period of consolidation and strategizing by S-XM management, in concert with Liberty (and DTV) to figure out how and what they will be marketing going forward. They have a major opportunity to be smart and determine their core business model going forward. I predict (and hope) they will launch all of this when they do the Q1 announcements, including iPhone app.

04-09-2009, 12:21 PM #75
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    IMHO, i think we are seeing a period of consolidation and strategizing by S-XM management, in concert with Liberty (and DTV) to figure out how and what they will be marketing going forward. They have a major opportunity to be smart and determine their core business model going forward. I predict (and hope) they will launch all of this when they do the Q1 announcements, including iPhone app.
    In the mean time others are putting software out there for other content which does not compare but people are getting it and half of those will not even consider another app, JMHO

Guru
    04-09-2009, 12:21 PM #76

Fathers Day is always been their next big advertising window after Christmas.

Guru
    04-09-2009, 12:24 PM #77
    high of .35 we just threw .33 out of the way like a school yard bully

04-09-2009, 12:24 PM #78
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Fathers Day is always been their next big advertising window after Christmas.
    What is happening just cruised to .35

Addict
    04-09-2009, 12:26 PM #79
    In the mean time others are putting software out there for other content which does not compare but people are getting it and half of those will not even consider another app, JMHO
    True, don't disagree. But, they're small potatoes. These other content providers have crap content, compared to SIRI. Content rules. A few weeks isn't going to matter in that battle for market share. If SIRI pours marketing resources on network TV, especially as sponsors of major sporting events, they'll crush the gnats of internet radio. I'm not concerned about those guys....as long as SIRI makes their move soon. I think they will.

04-09-2009, 12:26 PM #80
    http://www.streetinsider.com/Upgrade...y/4552289.html
    April 9, 2009 10:32 AM EDT

Gabelli & Co. upgrades Liberty Media (Capital) (Nasdaq: LCAPA) from Hold to Buy.

Gabelli analyst says, "Upgrading to Buy from Hold as the risk/reward opportunity becomes too compelling to ignore with $2.7B of cash, an estimated after-tax NAV of $27/sh and a variety of options to surface value...we applaud LCAPA's investment in SIRI last month and believe taking full control could pave the way to the transition from a holding into an operating company and provide $6.8B of NOL's...LCAPA repurchased 26% of its float in 2008 and we expect a continued emphasis on share repurchases and/or debt retirements going forward... a series of transactions announced in Q109 should increase NAV, reduce risk and complexity, and increase financial flexibility."

To see more analyst ratings on LCAPA Click Here.

Liberty Media (Capital) Corporation is a holding company, which, through its subsidiaries is engaged in the video and on-line commerce, media, communications and entertainment industries.

Page 8 of 30 ... 67891018 ...