Page 25 of 30 ... 152324252627 ...
    04-10-2009, 10:40 AM #241
    Quote Originally Posted by dmo2424 View Post
    ok SIRI is holding steady so far today... can't wait for that big pop I say later this afternoon. My prediction: we pretty much end up where we are right now by the end of the day...

happy easter and passover
    The market is closed today for Good Friday....

04-10-2009, 10:42 AM #242
    Sorry Julietoo welcome to our group and thanks for a great post. Happy holiday to you

04-10-2009, 10:45 AM #243
    Word of mouth is a great advertising tool, but it is a shame that we as subscribers and shareholders are left with the major burden of doing so. We have many young technitians come and go and many of them when they hear SXM in my vehicle think that it is just way to expensive. They don't know about the a la cart pricing or what the regular monthly service costs. They are willing to spend money upront on items like this just look at all the ipods, i phones, playstation 3, xbox 360's that these young people purchase. Another problem is many of these people don't have credit cards. But I have seen interest I've handed down three company vehicles over the last two years that all had aftermarket radios installed and all three new drivers have become subscribers. Most of these guys are in the 15-18 dollar per hour range and when you tell them it costs less than 3 beers at their favorite bar they tend to think its a good value. Like you said it all comes down to lack of information.

04-10-2009, 10:46 AM #244
    ok SIRI is holding steady so far today... can't wait for that big pop I say later this afternoon. My prediction: we pretty much end up where we are right now by the end of the day...

happy easter and passover
    And on such low volume...

04-10-2009, 11:08 AM #245
    I am the owner of a few businesses and marketing is the single most important factor for success. SXM needs to start a grass roots campaign. Best form of marketing. Get the field marketers ready to go door to door. My cable company does this. Also, set up a booth at every fair across the nation (there are milliions on county fairs especially in the summer months) were large groups of people gather. Car shoes, groceriy stores, electronic stores...any place people go SXM will be there....Branding your company is expensive due to the print and cable advertising aspect, however grass roots is cheap and seems to me a good idea...just my 2cents...Happy Easter everyone.

Enthusiast
    04-10-2009, 11:16 AM #246
    Quote Originally Posted by kingreecan View Post
    The market is closed today for Good Friday....
    oh gee thanks... of course I knew that the market was closed. it was a joke!!!!!!!!

in other news (well old news) WHY WON"T THE SHORTS GO AWAY?
    http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0090409?rpc=44
    Last edited by dmo2424; 04-10-2009 at 11:18 AM.

04-10-2009, 11:19 AM #247
    Keiser: You are right, they can get a bunch of young college kids to hit the fairs and give away swag and demonstrate the products, they could take orders on the spot and it would be cool. Here in Stratton Vermont they just had the US Open Snowboarding Championships, Sirius couuld have had a booth here and gave demos to over 20000 snowboarders who were up here for the week and that doesn't include the skiiers who check out the action. Noone seems to be in touch with the young people at Sirius.

Banned
    04-10-2009, 11:21 AM #248

New Sirius Online offerings

Sirius has been adding to their online offering. 5 new channels were announced (thiough I noticed them days ago). There new channels are Pop2K, 20-on-20, Cinemagic, The Groove and The Village. Looks like online consolidation is getting underway.

www.sirius.com/music

Guru
    04-10-2009, 11:32 AM #249
    We talk about content, Ive been a rap guy my whole life (and classical) but sirius has such great programming sometimes I flip on other channels...check out some of the things they have on faction:

FACTION:

D.I.Y. Radio
    Sundays 8 pm ET
    A lot of people think they could do a better job than Faction’s DJs…and most of them are probably right. Come on, it ain’t brain surgery! So, every Sunday night, we’re inviting you to Do It Yourself. It’s DIY Radio: we’re choosing a different listener each week to hosting their very own show: you get to pick the music, say what you want, the whole nine! For your own shot at glory on DIY Radio, tell us why you think you’re worthy at RadioFaction.com. Then tune in as Faction gives the power to the people, Sundays at 8 pm ET.
    this didn't have a date so it must be new or random??

Hostile Takeover

Stars from the worlds of action sports, television and music take over the SIRIUS Studios as Faction presents Hostile Takeover. Each celebrity guest gets the keys to the satellite, full access to the SIRIUS music library and uncensored, unfiltered access to a nationwide audience.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    04-10-2009, 12:28 PM #250
    oh gee thanks... of course I knew that the market was closed. it was a joke!!!!!!!!

in other news (well old news) WHY WON"T THE SHORTS GO AWAY?
    http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0090409?rpc=44

The shorts wont go away because this stock is doomed and destine for .12 again............................................. .....................

Page 25 of 30 ... 152324252627 ...