Page 3 of 9 12345 ...
    Mentor
    04-08-2009, 10:24 AM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by exilejeff View Post
    staff salaries
    mission trips
    printing materials (bulletins, handouts)
    events
    luncheons

it adds up

and they don't have a steady source of funds so if people stop tithing then they don't pay their bills and they don't provide as much for their church.....and last i checked churches aren't in the real estate business
    Oh yes they are,the Catholic church is the biggest land owner in the world,by triple at least over anyone else...and i'm talking prime real estate here...

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    04-08-2009, 10:48 AM #22
    From intraday thread.

Johnny,
    Ya I gut sucked into that thread because I was actually hitting a reply to Brandon's Posts.
    Have a great day.

04-08-2009, 10:52 AM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Gambler View Post
    From intraday thread.

Johnny,
    Ya I gut sucked into that thread because I was actually hitting a reply to Brandon's Posts.
    Have a great day.
    Hey beach.....killer and I place our drink orders with ya...and you split on us? Stick around...these forums are for everyone!

Enthusiast
    04-08-2009, 10:52 AM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Oh yes they are,the Catholic church is the biggest land owner in the world,by triple at least over anyone else...and i'm talking prime real estate here...
    and their intent is to turn the land over to make a profit?

so far, you guys have given examples of catholics and mormons, which may or may not be true, i don't know......i guess i should have been more specific, but i am going off of personal experience (churches i have been involved with, not in either of those religions), if it is true that the mormons and catholics are doing it only to turn profit......then sounds to me like they should be getting taxed on the amount they gain

04-08-2009, 10:55 AM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by asm610 View Post
    Hey beach.....killer and I place our drink orders with ya...and you split on us? Stick around...these forums are for everyone!
    I promise I am not going anywhere, I will just be careful what I post as it pertains to which thread......bottoms up.

Mentor
    04-08-2009, 10:55 AM #26
    From intraday thread.

Johnny,
    Have a great day.
    no i thought we were in this thread when i posted,this is getting confusing,Duh feel like Jim from Taxi!!!!!

04-08-2009, 10:57 AM #27
    I promise I am not going anywhere, I will just be careful what I post as it pertains to which thread......bottoms up.
    Cheers my friend...enjoy your day!

04-08-2009, 11:01 AM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by asm610 View Post
    Cheers my friend...enjoy your day!
    That is something I try to do every day. You enjoy as well.

Mentor
    04-08-2009, 11:08 AM #29
    Well Bidens prediction is coming true,Obama has his first military crisis..
    an american flaged cargo ship Maersk Alabama has been seized by somali pirates 300 miles off coast of Somalia...20 american crew on board..

Mentor
    04-08-2009, 11:10 AM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by exilejeff View Post
    Actually it is optional.....what you give throught the willingness of your heart will come back to you "ten-fold"
    10% is a suggested amount, not required
    churches are non profit organizations, they have to pay the light bill somehow

not a big fan of the "tithe for protection by God"......please show some supporting evidence in the bible that says God will "protect" you only if you tithe......or will protect you more
    I'm talking about the attitudes of modern church. I know the bible doesn't say it is mandatory. Typical churches these days are more of a sociatal fashion show. It's all about what you are wearing and how much you are donating. Don't do one of the two correctly and you get shunned (socially, not religiously). Church should be about God but it isn't.

Page 3 of 9 12345 ...