Page 17 of 26 ... 71516171819 ...
    Enthusiast
    04-08-2009, 05:15 PM #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    I think we have to face facts. They did that just to screw with us. Heck, ever since wwe discovered their secret code they ceased all communications.

I think they dropped it just to laugh at us.

Wow! Someone didn't take his thorazine today! Do you really think they really care what goes on here? I wish they did but I doubt it.
    Last edited by bananaz; 04-08-2009 at 05:25 PM.

Banned
    04-08-2009, 05:17 PM #162
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaz View Post
    another post from teh Fool. This one from the bearish view the other day:

http://www.fool.com/investing/small-...nny-stock.aspx

"My interest in Liberty follows from my interest in Sirius XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI). Fools know I'm bearish when it comes to the satellite radio supplier. At its current valuation, I sense that risks related to debt, dilution, weak partners, and emerging competition aren't being compensated.

And yet I could be wrong. Heck, I hope I'm wrong."
    I'm sorry. I must have missed it. When did Sirius XM become a satellite radio "supplier?" I would love to tour the factory where they are produced.

My blood is starting to boil...Hell in 2 paragraphs he used the word "I" five times and the word "my" once.

I have an article pending that is being held up because I used the word "I" twice in the whole damn thing.
    Last edited by Brandon Matthews; 04-08-2009 at 05:20 PM.

04-08-2009, 05:23 PM #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Gambler View Post
    I think you would only pay the one commision stang......
    With scottrade you pay commision once the trade starts to fill so if it fills 100 shares of a 100000 share trade and the bell rings before it it completely filled you will have to put your order in again the next day with another comission for the rest of the trade

04-08-2009, 05:41 PM #164
    Is there an end to this manipulation business...I am beginning to lose all faith in our system, especially the SEC/financial institutions/Wall St/Government...take a pick..With apparent problems in our faces, the govt is so slow to act, just look at the SEC today...it took the DOW to go down to go from 14000 to 6000 for them to call a meeting on regulating short sales, and will take several months for them to actually regulate it...i think this buys the shorts time to cover, i.e. by keeping SIRI in the 0.30's..this has to be worth more than that..look at GM with bankruptcy staring in the face and multitude of debt and is trading way above us...
    Do you guys know where SI has been...he has not posted in almost 2 weeks...

Mentor
    04-08-2009, 05:46 PM #165
    Maybe the NAB took him? ;-) cos1000 send him an email I think. Maybe he knows.

04-08-2009, 05:54 PM #166
    thanks rel...what is your take on this latest Siri action...I feel the run up to 40 was due to the market rally and short fears..now I feel that the market is not heading higher but likely down or sideways, and Siri with it...we should be at 50 at least...i know not to expect $3 like some dreamers, but $1 should be attainable.. when do you guys expect the Iphone announcement and how high of a jump should we expect from it...I know, i know...siri does not jump on good news but on NO news..

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    04-08-2009, 05:55 PM #167
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Maybe the NAB took him? ;-) cos1000 send him an email I think. Maybe he knows.
    He is out trying to figure out who my father is.... lol

Mentor
    04-08-2009, 05:57 PM #168
    Check out this site. I forget who, but somebody posted it months and months ago on SA. Notice the sub. estimate. I wonder how they arrive at that? It was around this over 2 months ago. For what its worth, I suppose.
    http://www.xmfan.com/
    Whats strange is it moves almost every refresh. Hmmmm...

Fugo.....
    Read my posts today. I think you will see Im in wait mode. I wouldnt buy or sell here. More inclinded to buy than sell however.

04-08-2009, 06:08 PM #169
    Got this on Fidelity a bit ago. Not sirius related per say, but more about our MM friends.

UPDATE: Options Sector Renews Push For Short-Sales Exemption 04/08 02:50 PM

(Updates with Chicago Board Options Exchange CEO statement, starting in seventh paragraph.)
    By Jacob Bunge
    Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES
    CHICAGO (Dow Jones)--U.S. options exchanges will renew their pursuit of an exemption from new short-selling rules proposed by regulators because the exchanges fear such rules will disrupt trading.
    The Securities and Exchange Commission proposals outlined Wednesday lack exemptions for market makers in options or cash equities.
    Market makers are traders who provide liquidity by standing ready to buy or sell contracts and securities. They need to short stocks in order to hedge risk in taking the opposite side of trades.
    Options industry officials said they will review the SEC proposals, but privately remain concerned that problems that emerged during a temporary short- selling ban last year will resurface.
    Industry representatives plan to use the 60-day comment period to remind the SEC of the need for a market-maker exemption. They will also have the opportunity to air their views on May 5, when the SEC holds a roundtable discussion on short-selling rules.
    "This is the start of a process, and we will be part of that process," said Jim Binder, spokesman for the Options Industry Council.
    Bill Brodsky, chief executive of the Chicago Board Options Exchange, stressed the "vital role" that options market-makers play in the smooth operation of markets.
    "In our experience, impediments to the options market-maker's ability to engage in legitimate short selling lead to unintended consequences that adversely impact the market, such as reductions in price discovery, market liquidity and market efficiency," Brodsky said in a statement.
    A spokeswoman for the International Securities Exchange, the options platform owned by Deutsche Boerse's (DBOEF:$59.4500,$-0.4000,-0.67%) (DB1.XE) derivatives unit Eurex, said that ISE would review the proposals carefully and ensure that its markets makers are able to continue doing business.
    Options market operators scrambled to gain an exemption last fall when the SEC announced it would temporarily ban short-selling in 799 stocks.
    Some market makers warned that without an exemption, they would have discontinued trading options on companies covered by the ban, leaving options investors in the lurch.
    The SEC proposals include two proposed market-wide short sale restrictions and three circuit-breaker models.
    Two of the circuit breaker models would trigger those rules, while the third would trigger a trading ban for the rest of the day on that particular stock.
    The CBOE's Brodsky, who recently took over as chairman of the World Federation of Exchanges, has made the understanding of short selling a focus of WFE's outreach efforts with regulators, particularly the SEC.
    In a letter to SEC Chairwoman Mary Schapiro last month, NYSE Euronext (NYX:$19.83,00$0.76,003.99%) and Nasdaq OMX Group Inc. (NDAQ:$20.40,00$0.60,003.03%) , both of which run options platforms, urged the SEC to adopt a modified version of the uptick rule, and raised the market maker issue.
    "The exchanges have views regarding the benefits of bona fide market making in both equities and options markets, and on the need for clear and precise guidance on what constitutes bona fide market making and for an exemption for market makers," exchange representatives wrote in the letter, adding that they planned further comment.
    -By Jacob Bunge, Dow Jones Newswires; 312-750-4117; jacob.bunge@dowjones.com
    (Sarah N. Lynch contributed to this story.)
    Click here to go to Dow Jones NewsPlus, a web front page of today's most important business and market news, analysis and commentary: http:// http://www.djnewsplus.com/nae/al?rnd...j31xplfg%3D%3D. You can use this link on the day this article is published and the following day.

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
    04-08-091550ET
    Copyright (c) 2009 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

Mentor
    04-08-2009, 06:09 PM #170
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaz View Post
    another post from teh Fool. This one from the bearish view the other day:

http://www.fool.com/investing/small-...nny-stock.aspx

"My interest in Liberty follows from my interest in Sirius XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI). Fools know I'm bearish when it comes to the satellite radio supplier. At its current valuation, I sense that risks related to debt, dilution, weak partners, and emerging competition aren't being compensated.

And yet I could be wrong. Heck, I hope I'm wrong."

Tim, let me get this straight: You don't think Sirius is going to pay its huge debt, but you want to buy Liberty because Sirius is going to pay its huge debt?

You sure made made it seem like you believed Sirius to be worthless in your article ABOUT sirius, now in an article about Liberty, you are saying that basically your only interest in Liberty came because of Sirius? How does that make sense?

Sure, you preface your comments by saying that you hope you are wrong... yet you never mentioned that caution statement in your fire and brimstone evaluation of Sirius in the Bull/Bear argument.

What ever.

Newman

http://www.SiriusBuzz.com

Page 17 of 26 ... 71516171819 ...