Page 8 of 26 ... 67891018 ...
    Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    04-08-2009, 11:00 AM #71

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    Thanks. As for the uptick thingy...

I was thinking about this yesterday. There was a link showing a correlation between the shorts having free reign and the markets rally when the short rules came into question.

Last week, the SEC chair said no decision would be made right away as they want to schedule public hearings and such on the matter. Meaning, an actual change may be 6-18 months away.

Ironically, since that time we have seen the markets sell off?

Coincidence? I think not!
    Glad you brought that point up - I also noticed the timing - as the rhetoric over the uptick rule increased... all the uproar over the manipulation - increased... even the president's speech at the G-20 summit had a touch of "screw those abusing the system" in it.

I think you're on to the bottom line - just the PERCEPTION of a threat to the shorts sent some packing/panicking

... still working my way through the morning posts....

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    04-08-2009, 11:02 AM #72
    Quote Originally Posted by killerkaul View Post
    Beach.................... pass me another one of those margarita's will ya ? ..killer.
    Anytime my friend, anytime!!!

Mentor
    04-08-2009, 11:06 AM #73
    Well Bidens prediction is coming true,Obama has his first military crisis..
    an american flaged cargo ship Maersk Alabama has been seized by somali pirates 300 miles off coast of Somalia...20 american crew on board..

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    04-08-2009, 11:09 AM #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    BG, Johnny is right I am just bustin balls. I didn't want to sound condescending. If you are sitting by the pool drinking fufu drinks, you did something right. I actually like the off topic ideas, hearing different perspectives is hugely valuable. Each person can only speak about what they know and their experiences, which is 10x more informative than 98% of the horse shit on the INTERNET.

In closing BG....you chose the wrong song and you didn't make it your own. I think America is going to be disappointed.
    Hey Simon, My fans will keep me here..........

04-08-2009, 11:09 AM #75
    Asm....I have something better than a cocktail buddy. I hear you on the life's little lessons. I can not complain from my home office at 11am on wed listening to the west coast feed of Stern. "Artie is banging Gale King"...funny stuff. Life is good for me personally, financially, spiritually but when your job is to go house to house and seize assets for banks you get to see the real side of what is going on, no offense to the crew hanging by the pool drink rum runners. In MB, SC the 2nd most visited tourist destination next to Orl, Fl, things are bad! I mean scary bad, boo! Golf courses are cutting greens fees during peak season, that never happens. Restaurants are doing 2 for 1s everywhere. Traffic is the lightest I have seen it since Aug of 1999. My boss owns rentals on the coast in NC and he has been booked for ever all through the peak season. This year he is complaining to the mgmt company about only having 6 wks booked around 5k a week, they told him he should feel lucky the average is two weeks booked. The season 10-12wks. For a tourist town this is going to be an interesting season. I feel bad for the servers who depend on tips, especially with a recession/depr on the table.

Addict
    04-08-2009, 11:11 AM #76

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaCaveDiver View Post
    Whomever is manipulating this via ISEG is a criminal. This manipulation is so clear it is not even funny. Has anyone actually filed a complaint about this abusive manipulation?

They are gap filling and using these pop spreads to manipulate the hell out of this stock. I think the SEC needs to get involved here and see WHO these individual(s) are and the underlying purpose.

This is really starting to piss me off. I am tired of watching $2k vanish every day.
    FCD: Get a hold of yourself. Deep cleansing breaths and don't forget to throw in a calming mantra or ten. Several of us continually have the SEC complaint emails on auto resend each day and complaint phone numbers on speed dial.

I've personally sent more messages and made more calls in just the last month than I ever would have thought when I started this journey. (into investing with SIRI) Some of the longer term longs on here have had a LOOOOONNGGG Trip down from heights you wouldn't even imagine... and should be given medals for having that kind of willpower.

I recommend you check out the thread on manipulation - which I think most of us already watched... and check out some of our older threads - we've been raging about the manipulation since we spiked above .42 and made this agonizing descent to where we are stuck.

Welcome to the board by the way.

Addict
    04-08-2009, 11:14 AM #77
    Quote Originally Posted by killerkaul View Post
    Beach.................... pass me another one of those margarita's will ya ? ..killer.
    I want a margharita too - on the rocks - with silver patron so I don't get a hangover when I wake up around end of AH trading...

04-08-2009, 11:16 AM #78
    Hey BTR what do you know, goofball? Glass half empty crap! I live in the real world and actually get dirty at work before I do all of the office work. Maybe you can not read the writing on the wall....book profits and quit waiting on this shit company to do anything for you. I booked 175% return on this pig in the past few months so I might not know much but cash is still king.

Mentor
    04-08-2009, 11:20 AM #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Asm....I have something better than a cocktail buddy. I hear you on the life's little lessons. I can not complain from my home office at 11am on wed listening to the west coast feed of Stern. "Artie is banging Gale King"...funny stuff. Life is good for me personally, financially, spiritually but when your job is to go house to house and seize assets for banks you get to see the real side of what is going on, no offense to the crew hanging by the pool drink rum runners. In MB, SC the 2nd most visited tourist destination next to Orl, Fl, things are bad! I mean scary bad, boo! Golf courses are cutting greens fees during peak season, that never happens. Restaurants are doing 2 for 1s everywhere. Traffic is the lightest I have seen it since Aug of 1999. My boss owns rentals on the coast in NC and he has been booked for ever all through the peak season. This year he is complaining to the mgmt company about only having 6 wks booked around 5k a week, they told him he should feel lucky the average is two weeks booked. The season 10-12wks. For a tourist town this is going to be an interesting season. I feel bad for the servers who depend on tips, especially with a recession/depr on the table.

Big Ben,give me some info?I head to Myrtle beach every October with a group of 8 golfers,we are currently staying in n.myrtle and i'm getting ready to make reservations in te next month..I saw some of the courses have come down a little,but waswondering if i should wait a while to book?
    BTW we only play the premium course's,TPC,Calidonia,world tour and king north.looking for 2 more..any info is appreciated,we go through Condolux

04-08-2009, 11:21 AM #80
    This thread is full of whiny buy and hold losers. Cavediver just a small suggestion to protect your 2k/day and its called the sell button! LOL. Let me guess, this diamond in the rough could take off and be a dollar overnight, wouldn't want to miss that. My dad might say something like that and he is a multi decade loser. Not personally Dad, I love you, but your strategy was pretty bad.

Page 8 of 26 ... 67891018 ...