Page 21 of 26 ... 111920212223 ...
    Banned
    04-08-2009, 09:30 PM #201
    It is insane beucase, they will buy a new iPhone because they want a phone or a "multitool gadget" that will happen to play music (better then an ipod which hundreds of millions of people use to listen to their music... they must be INSANE). Just like if your stiletto happened to work as a free phone... you might make a call with it, you wouldnt buy it to replace your phone but, if you had one then why not use it?
    Apparently, you didn't really read the article.

The context that was taken from was in regards to BABY BOOMERS. You know, the people with the money who are smart enough NOT to spend 300.00 a month for an iPhone.

04-08-2009, 09:35 PM #202
    Come on guys...Now the Nab has Sirius investors fighting amonst themselves, I am new here and its better than hanging out at the yazoo so lets keep it that way and settle your differences outside these posts as it is easier to come to terms with one another privately than having to regret loosing it all because we were to proud to stand down after making it public.

Head Honcho
    04-08-2009, 09:36 PM #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    Apparently, you didn't really read the article.

The context that was taken from was in regards to BABY BOOMERS. You know, the people with the money who are smart enough NOT to spend 300.00 a month for an iPhone.
    Oh I read it and it is nonsense.

My mother and her husband have an iPhone and I don't and I am a tech guy. They are baby boomers. The ceo and coo of my company have iPhones but, other then the secretary who is my age... no one else does. I am not sure that is the whole population but I spend time in Boston and I see all ages with ipods an iphones. You have been in the burbs for way to long.

Who wants baby boomers as subscribers when you could have gen x and y kids? Do I want someone with a 70yr lifespan or 30yr?

Thanks for calling my mother an idiot by the way.

For the recond I think they are about $80 per month and a regular cell is about $50-60 as far as I know so, I dont know where you get $300 per month.

Quote Originally Posted by transam View Post
    Come on guys...Now the Nab has Sirius investors fighting amonst themselves, I am new here and its better than hanging out at the yazoo so lets keep it that way and settle your differences outside these posts as it is easier to come to terms with one another privately than having to regret loosing it all because we were to proud to stand down after making it public.
    Agreed. This public airing of shit is retarded beyond words, yet it continues to happen day in and day out with him.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Banned
    04-08-2009, 09:44 PM #204
    Oh I read it and it is nonsense.
    ...your opinion,

My mother and her husband have an iPhone and I don't and I am a tech guy. They are baby boomers. The ceo and coo of my company have iPhones but, other then the secretary who is my age... no one else does. I am not sure that is the whole population but I spend time in Boston and I see all ages with ipods an iphones. You have been in the burbs for way to long.
    ...maybe you are right, but I have a hunch they also have satellite radio in their cars

Who wants baby boomers as subscribers when you could have gen x and y kids? Do I want someone with a 70yr lifespan or 30yr?
    I want people who can afford the monthly service, who aren't worried about paying their rent or mortgage or car payment this month. 20 somethings are unreliable.

Thanks for calling my mother an idiot by the way.
    now you just made that up...

04-08-2009, 09:44 PM #205
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Ask a bunch of Sirius fans... good idea.

Arguments can be made as to why "The Internet Will Not Replace Satellite Radio" but those points are weak. You are comparing a premium service in Sirius XM to an ad supported internet music service. At least compare premium service to premium service (eg slacker for 3.99 kills commercials and ads).

Dont worry about my battery, I have a docking station in my car. My battery is fine. I am sure it lasts longer then a stiletto when not plugged in.

"To believe that this group of people will run out and buy high priced iPhones and Blackberry’s to replace their in dash car radios is just insane."

It is insane beucase, they will buy a new iPhone because they want a phone or a "multitool gadget" that will happen to play music (better then an ipod which hundreds of millions of people use to listen to their music... they must be INSANE). Just like if your stiletto happened to work as a free phone... you might make a call with it, you wouldnt buy it to replace your phone but, if you had one then why not use it?

The arguement is EXCLUSIVE content. That is the reason why nothing will replace Sirius XM and its the only reason. The technology has caught them and 3g streams fast enough to play internet music at this point and 90% of Sirius' content is NOT EXCLUSIVE.

FM thought that SATRAD had no chance... by saying cell services (wi-fi) wont catch SATRAD is making the same mistake terrestrial radio made. Plain and simple.

Which was my total point to begin with! Then make the article about the content. Make it about why you really think it cant be beat and make that argument strong. All I do is add constructive criticism and everyone (EDIT: except Newman) is a ****ing baby. I do mean everybody... my emails inbox is something straight out of 8th grade lately.

Brandon, this passive aggressive bullshit is just that. If you or anyone else doesn't want to play here anymore, you are free to take your ball and leave.
    Why is everyone buying these expensive Iphones? You can now use the cheaper Ipod touch and use VOIP over a Wifi connection for a lot less than an ATT plan!

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/0...or-ipod-t.html

My point being is that technology is great for what its designed to do. My Iphone is just that a phone. There will be techies that love all these gadgets and have to get all these different apps/in car docks/slingbox etc. The Iphone app is a good thing for Sirius but not the second coming of the Messiah. It will be nearly as great as the microwave/hair dryer I am developing. It will be a niche item I'm sure.

Fact is its easier to get in my car turn the key and listen to my SatRad.

Brandon I thought the article was fine.

Chuck you have a great site here, great content and apparently what was a once good synergy/relationship with Brandon. Even Obama didn't drop the retard bomb twice. Your better than that Chuck. The fact is you and Brandon both provided something to the other that was of value to each of you. You will each lose some of that value if/when you dissolve your relationship.

Brandon you have some valid points. It will get to the point where you will be viewed as a "Jay Cutler" he had a right to be pissed at the Bronco's but in the end when it wasn't worked out he is viewed as being selfish and not a team player. Your better than this too Brandon. You do have talent and an ego Brandon and that is a great trait to a point. You take pride in your work. If all of these great articles aren't getting viewed its hardly worth your time to write them.

I hope you two can work things out the sum of the parts is not nearly as valuable as the whole in this case.

Good luck to both of you.
    Last edited by Joeboo1; 04-08-2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Put my 2 cents in on the Charles/Brandon saga probably a big mistake..

Mentor
    04-08-2009, 09:51 PM #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    I'm fine with right here.

Who agrees with Charles that this article is sub par?

http://satwaves.com/
    Brandon have to agree with charles on this one,it sounds like your a ranting fed up investor or fan of siriusXM,instead of an objective columnist who beleives in SATRAD for the content angle....JMHO

Mentor
    04-08-2009, 09:55 PM #207
    To Brandon and Charlie.
    Its obvious why you choose to air this debate publicaly. Both of you are looking for input, because both of you may feel uneasy about your thought processes. Charlie, do you feel you need to scope out the consequences of losing Brandon? Well I will tell you they would probably be significant.

Brandon, do you want us to understand your frustration in dealing with Charlie? Ok, we feel for you man. But there is something we(everyone here) are trying to accomplish. And thats number 1:
    Have a place for the truth about this company to be known, debate complicated issues concerning the company, and to have a community of people who enjoy each others company.
    Lets not forget all this. Brandon, please relax, and compromise. Charlie, please be a little more understanding of how emotional some people are, Brandons under a lot of stress, and could use our support. Hes a warrior, out in the front lines, and we need to all stick together. Brandon, bury this hatchet, and lets get this thing done. We can all air our grievances when we clear back over .80 cents.

Mentor
    04-08-2009, 09:57 PM #208
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    To Brandon and Charlie.
    Its obvious why you choose to air this debate publicaly. Both of you are looking for input, because both of you may feel uneasy about your thought processes. Charlie, do you feel you need to scope out the consequences of losing Brandon? Well I will tell you they would probably be significant.

Brandon, do you want us to understand your frustration in dealing with Charlie? Ok, we feel for you man. But there is something we(everyone here) are trying to accomplish. And thats number 1:
    Have a place for the truth about this company to be known, debate complicated issues concerning the company, and to have a community of people who enjoy each others company.
    Lets not forget all this. Brandon, please relax, and compromise. Charlie, please be a little more understanding of how emotional some people are, Brandons under a lot of stress, and could use our support. Hes a warrior, out in the front lines, and we need to all stick together. Brandon, bury this hatchet, and lets get this thing done. We can all air our grievances when we clear back over .80 cents.
    Excellent concise post,wish i could write like that with my pecking typing.
    Agree...

Mentor
    04-08-2009, 09:59 PM #209
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Brandon have to agree with charles on this one,it sounds like your a ranting fed up investor or fan of siriusXM,instead of an objective columnist who beleives in SATRAD for the content angle....JMHO
    I hope they are not asking us to take sides. I dont think so. LOL I hope not.

Mentor
    04-08-2009, 10:02 PM #210
    for what it is worth,a 50 yr old baby boomer here who just got a cell phone only 10 yrs ago,Iphone Smiphone you keep it,,,but my neices and nephews who are in their 20's love them and have siriusXM in their cars and can't wait to get howard on the Iphone...Have a nephew who is in the militarty over seas and says he can get Xm on line because he has a USA address,loves listening to baseball live..another growth potential with 2 million gi's overseas..

Page 21 of 26 ... 111920212223 ...