Page 11 of 14 ... 910111213 ...
    Mentor
    04-07-2009, 03:02 PM #101
    Demian....

I hear you points. And they are all valid questions. I think your a logical thinker, and may I suggest reading The Case For Faith, by Lee Strobel. It handles most of your questions decently, using a logical mind. And I think God would have one set of ideology. Keeping to one faith, and one mind is important in society as in business, or anything. A good mix of constructive ideas to solve a problem is important, but multireligious views on a problem are not necessary. You cant have the CEO of Clear Channel in with the SiriusXM board meeting can we. Just as a christian church shouldnt allow an athiest to go around corrupting their childrens minds(as they see it, remember, this a community of equals and peers that have decided their own rules). If a person does not want to abide by these conditions, they should leave, not try to change the whole group.
    Here is how a biblical christian would go about his life.
    Farm his land, have his kids work the farm, and animals to survive. If a neighbor needed something, or to trade, he would do it. Period. They wouldnt use each others land, or seek to control the other. They would get along wonderfully. If a problem like water supply arose, they would all work together with one mind, and spiritual body, and solve it for teh community. If someone wnats to change this thinking, he should be allowed to leave, and go away(probably come back with a gun later to rob them, and you see where tolerance gets you). Now this makes community leaders important to not abuse this power, but they will, and thats why the community must handle it as a whole. To never allow one person too much power. And if a community keeps their consequences local, and inform, society can function like a well oiled machine. If you have growth in your family, go find other lands, go explore. Tons of land for everyone on earth. Too much land. We huddle in cramp cities, polluting on each other instead. Thats not how christians would choose to live. You huddle in cities for protection, and thats about it. Otherwise, they only lead to the constant contact between many humans that is never good for the status quo. Biblical way of living is not a bad way to go.
    If over population becomes a problem, Im sure God thought of this and has a solution. Have a little faith.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 04-07-2009 at 03:09 PM.

Enthusiast
    04-07-2009, 03:03 PM #102
    Quote Originally Posted by tucknroll View Post
    it is rewarding if you get past lvl3....sorry couldn't resist

Not when you are this kid

Guru
    04-07-2009, 03:07 PM #103
    Quote Originally Posted by exilejeff View Post
    i truely believe i have the answer......as it is what i have chosen to believe.....all i am saying is.....you have to believe in something, right? You can't know the "answer" of course.....so you are saying you would rather just see what happens then to explore the options
    i have no problem with that jeff, if it brings u peace of mind i am happy for you, just dont be some1 who condemns others for not choosing your same beliefs.

Enthusiast
    04-07-2009, 03:18 PM #104
    Quote Originally Posted by exilejeff View Post
    were all going to die some day, so why bother living at all? (extreme example)
    i wasn't trying to say that you aren't "living" if you don't know
    only making a reference to the premise that since you can't know the "answer" in this lifetime, then why bother and search for an answer at all.....example is the quoted portion above

Mentor
    04-07-2009, 03:18 PM #105
    I'm glad faith is not a prerequisite for love or this planet would be totally ****ed...

Mentor
    04-07-2009, 03:24 PM #106
    Relmor,

Here is another Bruce Cockburn song I wanted to post. He is my favorite musician and calls himself a Christian.

-- Gospel Of Bondage --
    22 February 1987. Toronto, Canada.

Found on:
    Big Circumstance (1988)Lyrics:

Tabloids, bellowing raw delight
    Hail the return of the Teutonic Knights
    Inbred for purity and spoiling for a fight,
    Another little puppet of the New Right

See-through dollars and mystery plagues
    Varied detritus of Aquarian Age
    Shutters on storefronts and shutters in the mind -
    We kill ourselves to keep ourselves safe from crime.
    That's the gospel of bondage...

We're so afraid of disorder we make it into a god
    We can only placate with state security laws
    Whose church consists of secret courts and wiretaps and shocks
    Whose priests hold smoking guns, and whose sign is the double cross
    But God must be on the side of the side that's right
    And not the right that justifies itself in terms of might -
    Least of all a bunch of neo-nazis running hooded through the night
    Which may be why He's so consipicuously out of sight
    Of the gospel of bondage...

You read the Bible in your special ways
    You're fond of quoting certain things it says -
    Mouth full of righteousness and wrath from above
    But when do we hear about forgiveness and love?

Sometimes you can hear the Spirit whispering to you,
    But if God stays silent, what else can you do
    Except listen to the silence? if you ever did you'd surely see
    That God won't be reduced to an ideology
    Such as the gospel of bondage...

Enthusiast
    04-07-2009, 03:25 PM #107
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    i have no problem with that jeff, if it brings u peace of mind i am happy for you, just dont be some1 who condemns others for not choosing your same beliefs.
    i am not condeming anyone, everyone has a free will to choose what they do and suffer the consequences or reap the rewards for their decisions if their are any.......

04-07-2009, 03:37 PM #108
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    No. Purtian society did not tolerate billboards with woman in bikins on them. Or video games where the goal was to shoot and kill everything in sight. Do you really think our entertainment we allow our kids to view isnt harming them? Are we really that naive as a society. You should see some of the youtube videos of "our boys" over there, being wondeful examples of a moral culture. And dont give me the agrument its how they vent. Spartans didnt vent by chearing the dead. The mourned their victims as well as their companions. ALso bury their enemies. Sorry. Much different. If you stole a horse, you were killed. Etc....Now thats morality in action for you. The United States knew the evils of banks, and kept them from controlling our country for hundreds of years. Eventually that broke down. Why? Fewer good men in office, because fewer good men were electing them, or carrying enough past their own lives to care. I disagree wholeheartedly.
    Relmor,

I tried to stay out of this...but when you start making disparaging comments about our troops its on! To pretend that you even begin to know what Spartans actually did....all of them...is beyond naive...just as to lump all the troops over fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan is wrong because of you tube videos! The military is just a smaller sample of society as a whole. There is alot of good that is done....but the smaller amount of bad gets all the publicity....and that is how it has been in every society, now and in the past. The thing that is different is we now have MASS MEDIA plastering all the bad news everywhere...and we have agenda's being plotted all over the place..to try and take away many simple and basic freedoms which were taken for granted and which will eventually culminate in a showdown of some sort.

It amazes me that a country that fought for its freedom over many issues...among which were taxation without representation.....now wallows in exactly that, as well as basically legalized servitude!

God is known by many names...in many places....he is one and the same. Good people are good people, regardless their religion.....God sees it all, and I know he watches over us, because he has guided me to become the person I am and continue to become..as I read the word...instead of thinking I am in control of my life, I surrender to his will in mine and it has made me a much better person. That is not to say I don't make mistakes, I make plenty, and sometimes I sin....but I always ask forgiveness and direction, and I have over the course of the past several years, really begun to understand the meaning of Brotherhood.

Mentor
    04-07-2009, 03:40 PM #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I am fully in favor of the death penalty and abortion.
    I had a condom break on me once and me and the chick got the morning after pill.......is that killing the little baby or is it too early yet for that?

Guru
    04-07-2009, 03:45 PM #110
    Demian
    "I had a condom break on me once and me and the chick got the morning after pill.......is that killing the little baby or is it too early yet for that?"

yeah for the catholic church that is a sin i dunno about others, i have a hard time taking a stance either way on abortion, i think i would be pro-life except in the case of rape and the safety of the mother. I have a niece who is 18 with 2 kids, imagining that in some cases they wouldnt of made it into the world if their parents wanted to have abortions is a hard thought to have. i think once the embryo has developed its own blood type and this can be with in 7 weeks that u have a living being there and u cant just kill it. I think we should do alot more science into it, to find when its heart starts beating on its own, when it stops becoming just a piece of flesh and becomes a living entity with feelings and all that.
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 04-07-2009 at 03:56 PM.

Page 11 of 14 ... 910111213 ...