Page 1 of 14 12311 ...
    Mentor
    04-07-2009, 04:09 AM #1

Intraday OFFTOPIC Thread: Politics, Religion, Whatever. Enter at your own risk!

I see by the volume and the number of replys that the offtopic thread was a complete and utter failure.

Shame, I thought more of you would want to discuss off-topic items.

Anyways, just wanna throw out a little contentious chat out there:

I am fully in favor of the death penalty and abortion.

As Ron White would say "In Texas, we not only support the death penalty. We are putting in an express lane." I would like to see it become more of an autobaun...

As far as abortion:
    1) Everyone makes mistakes.
    2) The world is crowded enough.
    3) The majority of parents that would accidently get pregnant shouldn't be parents in the first place. (I work as a Registered Nurse in the emergency room. Don't argue this point with me.)
    4) The fact is that there are millions of children in need of adoption already.
    5) Octa-mom. Nuff Said.

Discuss....

Mentor
    04-07-2009, 04:11 AM #2
    Also, reposted for Clarification:
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    Welcome all to the Intraday OFFTOPIC Thread. This section here is a work in progress. I want to keep as much of the OFF TOPIC chat in this thread here. If it does not directly relate to Sirius, but it deals with daily movements of the stock market or even other stocks, feel free to post it here. This thread is fair game to any and all conversation. (Yes, Including politics).

We will make this a daily/weekly/monthly thread as demand dictates. Unless it gets out of hand, there will be no moderation within this thread. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

04-07-2009, 08:16 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post

I see a big difference between the guilty and the innocent.

04-07-2009, 08:45 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I see by the volume and the number of replys that the offtopic thread was a complete and utter failure.

Shame, I thought more of you would want to discuss off-topic items.

Anyways, just wanna throw out a little contentious chat out there:

As Ron White would say "In Texas, we not only support the death penalty. We are putting in an express lane." I would like to see it become more of an autobaun...

As far as abortion:
    1) Everyone makes mistakes.
    2) The world is crowded enough.
    3) The majority of parents that would accidently get pregnant shouldn't be parents in the first place. (I work as a Registered Nurse in the emergency room. Don't argue this point with me.)
    4) The fact is that there are millions of children in need of adoption already.
    5) Octa-mom. Nuff Said.

Discuss....
    Agreed 100%.

Guru
    04-07-2009, 09:00 AM #5
    Newman, LOL, i said I am not coming in here today, this thing grabs ahold of you, shakes you and throws you in the trash....

but dang good readin' and steam ventin'

lets roll!

Banned
    04-07-2009, 09:05 AM #6
    Could we maybe move this intraday offtopic, absolutely nothing to do with stocks of any kind off of the stock discussion forum and into general?

04-07-2009, 09:22 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    Could we maybe move this intraday offtopic, absolutely nothing to do with stocks of any kind off of the stock discussion forum and into general?
    Brandon...don't be such a tight ass...leave it here for folks to vent quickly and expeditiously!

Newman,

I agree with death penalty with one caveat...before any inmate is executed, all DNA evidence must be presented and accounted for ie explained.

I am not agreeable to abortion...but I believe that everyone has the right to choose for themselves.

Mentor
    04-07-2009, 09:24 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    no,leave us alone,bye....it will include stocks eventually ,when we solve our differences of how we should all live our lives as americans.....LOL
    Last edited by JohnnyIrishXM; 04-07-2009 at 09:29 AM.

04-07-2009, 09:47 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by asm610 View Post
    Brandon...don't be such a tight ass...leave it here for folks to vent quickly and expeditiously!

Newman,

I agree with death penalty with one caveat...before any inmate is executed, all DNA evidence must be presented and accounted for ie explained.

I am not agreeable to abortion...but I believe that everyone has the right to choose for themselves.
    Agree with the dna evidence and also think 3 strikes and your out rule should be a nationwide thing. It makes me sick when I hear about people who've been arrested multiple times just to get a slap on the wrist.

Banned
    04-07-2009, 10:18 AM #10
    This world sucks...

The body of Sandra Cantu, 8, who vanished from a mobile home park in Tracy, Calif., on March 27, was found in a suitcase in an irrigation pond Monday.

http://news.aol.com/article/californ...-dead%2F416950

Page 1 of 14 12311 ...