Page 3 of 18 1234513 ...
    Banned
    04-07-2009, 10:21 AM #21

04-07-2009, 10:33 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    This is very interesting Brandon

04-07-2009, 10:40 AM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    I posted a thread 2 days ago about this very presentation and got no response .

Enthusiast
    04-07-2009, 10:42 AM #24
    Yes, I think it will be very interesting. I'll watch the rest of it tonight. Thanks Brandon, for helping a lot of us to understand how this all works.

Enthusiast
    04-07-2009, 10:43 AM #25
    Then kudos to you as well, BTR!

Enthusiast
    04-07-2009, 11:02 AM #26

Short sellers are being squeezed!

In case it hasn't been posted already:

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...=TBD&ccode=TBD

Mentor
    04-07-2009, 11:03 AM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by BTR View Post
    I posted a thread 2 days ago about this very presentation and got no response .
    Thanks Brandon. Wish someone else had caught that earlier, Kidding. Thanks BTR as well. I had already listened to that so I didnt respond.

04-07-2009, 11:15 AM #28
    I'm curious here....I have had a pretty large order in to buy SIRI for about a half an hour and it has never showed up on Level 2. Can those big dogs block it out someway or what's the deal? It's never reached my bid price but it's close.

Mentor
    04-07-2009, 11:17 AM #29

Calling generals back to the front lines.....

Lies are being spread again without our constant diligence. I am going to return to posting on SA. Im Not Jim Cramer is running wild again.

Cos, why the vitriol? lol Can't imagine that I have the ability to destroy satrad, but thanks for the compliment. A couple of points. Sirius will not be a stand alone company within two years, because John Malone did not buy 40% of the company because he couldn't get a better rate on a CD. Malone is going to effect a takeover whenever it is propitious for him to do so. Look up his history. He's not a passive investor.

Exactly what have I been wrong about? I have been posting for maybe 1-2 years now and most of things I have written about have come true:

1) Sirius is beginning to see the future as a content provider, not a hardware company, as I predicted.

2) They're trying to become a player through cell phones and the internet, because wi-fi, and wireless will make satellites obsolete for distribution of content, as I predicted.

3) Also as I predicted MLB is leading the sports pack by offering direct competition to satrad by distribution of their content through cell phone apps because it is not barred by their contract with Sirius. I specifically told you that major league sports will not stay with satrad past the point in time that they become more effective distributers of their own content through cell phone and internet.

Finally Sirius loses money EVERYWHERE, but on Howard's contract. Why is losing money on GM different than losing it on Oprah or on inefficient distribution of portable receivers, or non-existent advertising?

Here's where we differ cos. You look upon sirius as an "experience". I look at it as a business, one that has NEVER been profitable, (not even cash flow positive, not ever EBITDA profitable) and seems to have no business plan that can get them there. In spite of your words about the music, the overwhelming majority of satrad listeners who actually voluntarily get a subscription (as opposed to receiving it in their first year of car ownership) are white males over the age of 30, and who usually got and/or keep their subscription for Howard or sports, and not the music. That has always been their base, and they have made no inroads among women or young people.

Poll any teenagers you meet and most have never heard of the product unless their parents use it in the car. They don't own or carry the portable receivers, they don't listen through their cell phones. I work on a job where 20 somethings is the largest age group. The only ones who have satrad, have it in their cars through OEM. I have asked.

Finally Brandon, how successful can a company be ( as an investment, not an experience) when you write a column saying that it's GOOD news that one of their biggest distributors is going to distribute less of their product this year! The only comparable argument I can make is if Countrywide Financial had come out before the takeover and said that they were moving less sub-prime mortgages than before.

Really gentlemen, Sirius is a great trade, and if you act quickly a real money maker, but just don't stay in the game because of a mistaken belief that this will be a $20 stock in two years. Apr 01 12:48 AM |Report abuse| Link | Reply +10 I'm Not Jim Cramer 212 Comments FollowBrandon, here's and interesting question that I hope you will answer honestly, even though you disagree with me. If we take away all the auto subscriptions and equipment received by customers involuntarily, would this company have folded years ago, and/or would it be viewed as a viable enterprise today? Puttting it simply, if you had to actually BUY the product, rather than receive it, would the subscriber numbers reflect anything remotely close to a sustainable business model? Apr 01 12:59 AM |Report abuse| Link | Reply 00 holdon 60 Comments Followgo cos go!
    been out of the loop for a while , where's 16888, relmor , killer ?
    still holding & adding , avg. down to .63 Apr 01 01:37 AM |Report abuse| Link | Reply 00 r

relmar2003 413 Comments Follow
    Im Not Jim Cramer, I see your bad to lying. Yes, they have been positive EBITA. They achieved that prior to the merger even. Would have been all year in 08 if not for merger as well. Notice the merger related writedowns, and the added expenses of the merger, etc.. Now that synergies are being realized, both companies will be positive EBITA ALL YEAR. Did I stutter? Dont think I did.Yes GM losing sales is GREAT FOR SIRIUS. Why? Well if you have 100 people buying a new car, and your worst contract is GM, and 5 people buy Ford instead of GM, but still buy, ITS MORE MONEY FOR Siruis. There, Jim, Did I stutter again? Or can you not read english. Or do you not understand basic math. Your 100 percetn wrong about sats being obsolute as a distribution mechanism. Ask DirectTV if they are abondoning their sats, and leasing Wifi towers.....LOL LOL Your making yourself look bad son. Why would you limit your distribution by using land based distribution when its cheaper in the long run and you get better feeds with sats? Get on board for the next leg up, you banked your profits on this leg, now stop wishing for sub .30 cents and just buy here. Remember who told you. Apr 07 11:13 AM |Report abuse| Link | Reply 00Add Your Comment

relmar2003 -

As you can see, I could not let this trash go unanswered. Cos1000 also attacked him.

04-07-2009, 11:18 AM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmaverick View Post
    I'm curious here....I have had a pretty large order in to buy SIRI for about a half an hour and it has never showed up on Level 2. Can those big dogs block it out someway or what's the deal? It's never reached my bid price but it's close.
    is it consolidated?

Page 3 of 18 1234513 ...