Page 2 of 2 12
    Banned
    04-06-2009, 10:05 PM #11

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by broke because of Mel View Post
    Thanks Brandon for the info on customer service and the lifetime subs, Now logically should that be something they have on the website,etc? How do new subscribers have any idea about that option? Thats how I was aware about it years ago. Just seems like they would want to offer that to everyone?To get some much needed cash in? Please tell me I am crazy
    You're crazy!

They really don't need the cash right now, and its only available to current subscriber, as I understand it.

For what its worth, you should lock in at this rate before the end of July, because the monthly rate may go up after that date..
    Last edited by Brandon Matthews; 04-06-2009 at 10:15 PM.

Mentor
    04-07-2009, 02:31 AM #12
    Ok, here is my experience:

When I called XM to get my lifetime sub, I specifically asked about some of these exclusions. I told them this is going on a OEM radio (and even used those words) which came with my Tahoe. Will I be able to transfer it off? Their answer was yes. I asked them if I could transfer it onto a new vehicle when I bought it. Their answer was yes. I asked them to verify this information with thier supervisor. After about a 10-15 minute hold, they came back and said yes.

The Customer Service rep's name was Debbie, and my call was placed December 19th, 2008 at 13:42 CDT. Calls are recorded.

04-07-2009, 10:21 AM #13
    Newman--
    Thanks for that response. When I do the install on my OEM Sirius tuner (hopefully this weekend) and activate, I'm positive your thoughts above will be of help when I am on the phone with the Sirius folks.
    I will report back on the Lifetime Subscription offer, and why I did or did not go for it, early next week.

04-07-2009, 08:02 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Ok, here is my experience:

When I called XM to get my lifetime sub, I specifically asked about some of these exclusions. I told them this is going on a OEM radio (and even used those words) which came with my Tahoe. Will I be able to transfer it off? Their answer was yes. I asked them if I could transfer it onto a new vehicle when I bought it. Their answer was yes. I asked them to verify this information with thier supervisor. After about a 10-15 minute hold, they came back and said yes.

The Customer Service rep's name was Debbie, and my call was placed December 19th, 2008 at 13:42 CDT. Calls are recorded.

Hello Newman!

You probably don't want to hear this, but MOST of the customer reps. AND their supervisors don't have a clue as to what they do offer and what they don't offer.

Check the following thread I started a few weeks back. I'm really disappointed in these folks.

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1582

Page 2 of 2 12