Page 7 of 21 ... 5678917 ...
    Mentor
    04-06-2009, 12:55 PM #61
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    As Gods word must be spread by man, you will get those who seeks its undoing. I only use the King James Version, as do most if not all bible historians. If you know true history, its an easy choice. I can get into bible versions if youd like, but it might bore everyone.
    Relmor,

I've been reading the reviews of the King James Bible on Amazon.....people seem to really like it or really hate it - so polarizing.....

I came across this review.....

17 of 29 people found the following review helpful:
    Copyright infringement case waiting to happen, January 29, 2008
    By DingoBabyStealer - See all my reviews

Not quite as original as I'd hoped. Most of the "Jesus" character seems to be very closely based around the Egyptian sun god, Horus. I mean, seriously Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, could you not come up with anything new at all? The whole virgin birth, walking on water, healing the sick, persecution, resurrection(after three days, just like Horus), and ascendancy were all taken DIRECTLY from Egyptian mythology! Are you guys even trying? I know plagiarism is the highest form of flattery, but you gentlemen are a bit much!
    Is there any truth to this reviewers claim about the Bible's authors stealing the Egyption sun god Harus story?
    Last edited by Demian; 04-06-2009 at 01:02 PM.

Guru
    04-06-2009, 01:06 PM #62
    hows this for you choirgirl, STOP ACTING LIKE A RETARD. You retards who think conservatism is some amazing thing that should be worshipped. Conservatism is for retards.

Mentor
    04-06-2009, 01:10 PM #63
    By "retard", do you mean "handicapped" ?

Guru
    04-06-2009, 01:11 PM #64
    yeah i guess you could say most conservatives are mentally handicapped, retarded whatever u want to call it.

Enthusiast
    04-06-2009, 01:13 PM #65
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    yeah i guess you could say most conservatives are mentally handicapped, retarded whatever u want to call it.
    ............wtf.......now that is retarded lol nt tho

Mentor
    04-06-2009, 01:16 PM #66
    Both parties have become more similar in recent years......both taking money from the same special interests.

There really needs to be a another third party or something to keep them both honest.....

Enthusiast
    04-06-2009, 01:16 PM #67
    John, Obama's popularity in Europe is unbelievable. Remember the 250k "fans" he had in Berlin, it happened again in Baden-Baden,Strassburg and Prag last week and even in Turkey. Don't get me wrong, it is good to see that the president is very popular overseas, esp. in my "fatherland". What makes me nervous are the reasons, because most people expect he is going to turn the US into another EU and that isn't really a good thing, I can tell you that much.

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Exactly and if she was not ready to be VP, then Obama was not ready to be VP ether, to say nothing about being ready to be president. You get what I am saying here. For that reason alone he is an embarresment, Now if we are talking 4 or 8 years from now that is a different story.

I feel like we just got hijacked by Europe. The point being, many elected someone they thought Europe would like.

Mentor
    04-06-2009, 01:19 PM #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Relmor,

I've been reading the reviews of the King James Bible on Amazon.....people seem to really like it or really hate it - so polarizing.....

I came across this review.....

Is there any truth to this reviewers claim about the Bible's authors stealing the Egyption sun god Harus story?
    Im very glad your questions bypass other tedious points. You address wonderful issues, and key points of contention. There is a Horus story, yes. His birthday is on Dec. 25th(proves my point, not this reviewers). Yes, the sun god story was thrown into Christian culture. Notice I said culture. Not true biblical interpertation. In actuality, there is no evidence anywhere in the bible to pinpoint the day of his birth. We know due to references made of the time it had to of been in the fall or spring.
    As for the other supposed facts surrounding Horus, when you have a religion older than the eqyptians, your going to get things from other cultures(older). As the Jewish line is older and the old testament dating back to the orgins of man, you of course will see things ripped off from Jewish tradition, and scriptures. Yes. This probably happend around the time of Joseph. I agree. You see we see the same facts, I just know the timeline of history, and know that jewish culture is much older and can trace its orgins back much further than the eqyptian culture. So my answer is yes, the eyptian culture probably did steal concepts from Jewish religious teachings. As the true will always be perverted, and distorted by its enemies. Think of them Demian, as old school "bashers". Except there not bashing Sirius stock, there bashing the true word of god. My proof of my point is that the Romans tried to attach Dec. 25th(Also Mitras birthday(see, there is more than one sun god that took this birthday) to Jesus, no small community church outside of the Roman law would follow these notions. And is why the Roman catholics are know from being aggressive christians(killing those who dont believe how they do). Because true churches knew their teachings were wrong, and would not tolerate it. Same reason I do not accept Roman catholic choices for their bible translations(Alexandrian gnostic interpertations) vs. the accepted textus rectptus verison we know today its it best form as the king james verion of the bible(for english speakers).

Enthusiast
    04-06-2009, 01:19 PM #69
    when you can't beat an enemy militarily attack them in other ways........fiscally......destroy their wealth and ruin their country......

Guru
    04-06-2009, 01:20 PM #70
    boy i cant wait to return to invading random countries and being shuuned for a handshake by fellow g20 countries. I wish we could open up moreplaces liek guantanamo bay and torture some more muslims.

Page 7 of 21 ... 5678917 ...