04-06-2009, 09:22 AM #21
    the gap this morning is bigger than Michael Strahan's front teeth

Mentor
    04-06-2009, 09:24 AM #22
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1295...-focus-on-core

NiceMac's Open Source Apps Help Sirius Focus on Core
    April 06, 2009

04-06-2009, 09:27 AM #23
    Off topic...but good info. My neighbor works for Centex and he is one of the remaining 36 people from their original 500ish people. He was explaining the pipeline for their company vs DRHOrton. Very interesting stuff. His office is next to the regional VP who is very tight with the CEO of Centex. He called the drop from around 9000 to about 6500. He feels the next stop for the dow could be 4500, no bull. He also let me in on last months housing starts and permits, which were up and were all bullshit. Things in the housing market have not changed! The lending has not loosened up as much as the MSM would like you to believe. Centex pulled all of their contractors into the conference room and asked for 10% back. Wow! Mitch was shocked at how many contractors said they could make that happen. These companies are not trying to make profits, only keep their heads above water. Housing is dead folks. The new permit numbers are mostly spec homes, at least in this area. The reason is we have a huge number of snow birds that come down and are ready to retire. They have cash and can be pushed in the front door immediately. As for the real pipeline of new home buyers...it does not exist. I spoke with a Realtor on Friday and said during the peak he was moving 4-7condos a month, now he can't give one away. People do not want to commit when they feel they can get it cheaper later. I have to go repo a condo and a single family home should be back by noon.

On the SIRI front I cashed out 4/5th of my position last week, 20k @ .36,
    20k @.38. I wrapped up about 175% short term gain, not to shabby. 10k left but now I have CASH, can not wait for the next pull back, buying with both hands hopefully .29ish.

Good luck all, time to drill out someones deadbolt! LOL

Mitch my Centex buddy said get short! I agree. CASH

Addict
    04-06-2009, 09:31 AM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by exilejeff View Post
    LOL! good one.....

Mentor
    04-06-2009, 09:45 AM #25
    This was posted last night on the tail end of the last Intraday Thread. I am posting it for those that may have missed it......

http://www.rbr.com/media-news/13838.html

Sirius XM covenants loom
    2009-04-05

Enthusiast
    04-06-2009, 09:46 AM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Housing is dead folks......

As for the real pipeline of new home buyers...it does not exist.

I spoke with a Realtor on Friday and said during the peak he was moving 4-7condos a month, now he can't give one away.

People do not want to commit when they feel they can get it cheaper later. I have to go repo a condo and a single family home should be back by noon.
    i agree with you that the pipe for new home buyers seems to be non exsistent right now, but that is because there are so many used homes that are available at rock bottom prices.....tricking people into thinking housing is improving seems to create a "false" impression that values will rise as the so called "non-exsistent" buying increases, and all the good deals are snatched up.....people are getting in now in hopes that prices don't go up. Of course some people are still skeptical and are holding out to see if it bottomed or if we are still going down......you are right about condos....but why would someone buy a condo right now when you can buy a single family for nearly the same price? i live in florida, and home sales are blowing up, as are refi's.....rates are low and people know that rates aren't going down anymore as the feds will have to increase them soon to make up for poor political decisions......i don't know what lending companies you are referring to but the companies around here have hundreds of mortgage jobs available to combat the increased demand.

Mentor
    04-06-2009, 09:50 AM #27
    SIRI Pivot Table for Today

R2 - R1 - Pivot - S1 - S2
    0.38 0.37 0.36 0.35 0.34

04-06-2009, 09:52 AM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by exilejeff View Post
    lol...great player though he was!

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    04-06-2009, 10:15 AM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by asm610 View Post
    Thanks Brandon....my Ford shares are up significantly from when I bought them, and they seem to be weathering the storm pretty well so far. My hope is that they come out the stronger of the BIG 3 companies after all this Auto insanity, and it is reflected in the SP as always should be the case. Never was much of a Ford guy..been a Bowtie and Mopar lover for years...but the Ford engineers are apparently well ahead of the other 2 boys on the block
    I had hoped - based on this past months news/reporting on Ford - they were setting up to outperform the other 2 of the big 3 in the markets...

Looks like my entry 2 weeks ago paid off.

As far as SIRI goes - I feel that we are in another holding pattern -

Similar to when we held our breath around the time BK was pending.... and then we got the pop from Liberty's deal - and then did a partial correction from those hellish BK levels.

Once the next Q guidance is out - I think we start moving higher. I think they are just smart enough (SIRI Board) to realize the significance of timing.... and then again - they may try to time it with a strong rebound in the overall markets - so the SP doesn't suffer from "counterbalance" - which I think would happen if we started to move higher and the overall markets dropped significantly.... .then again.... SIRI rarely ever moves with the markets... but it couldn't hurt timing wise to try to time any good news.

My biggest question is when they will go full-frontal assault on release of the Iphone App -coupled with a decent marketing campaign. This is one of those times I wish to hell they'd come here and read this forum (I'm sure a few do - but they still seem to operate in their own universe) so we could convince them how horrible their marketing has been. They seriously don't need to screw around with the marketing plan.

JMHO

Note for Newman: Not trying to step on your toes starting the thread. I know the intradays have been long - figured I'd help out a bit... trying to start things on a humorous note.

Enthusiast
    04-06-2009, 10:16 AM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    For those on a budget there is Game Day Audio is MLB.TV'S radio package.It is a good deal you get all the games and you can choose the from the home or away broadcast teams as well as any games offered in Spanish. It is a good deal however I would suggest that the best deal is Sirius-XM radio. The XM deal is great because you also get all the games. You get the home teams broadcasters however you get the NBA, NFL, NHL, NASCAR, GOLF, SOCCER and college sports. You have to get the XM deal at this point because right now Sirius subscribers do not yet have access to the MLB games. We expect that they will get the games on the Sirius platform before the end of the year but for now best to get XM.

http://www.examiner.com/x-5053-Sport...ty-of-baseball
    Thanks for the tip the other day. I am now a lifetime subscriber! My wife bought me a stilletto-2 and within the hour I called and bought into Sirius-XM lifetime. Didn't get the Best of.. MLB last me long ago as a regular. Internet is part of the lifetime package though!

Page 3 of 15 1234513 ...