Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 146

Thread: SIRI Intraday Thread: Monday April 6th

  1. #1
    Paratrooper_Rick is offline
    Addict
    Paratrooper_Rick's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634

    SIRI Intraday Thread: Monday April 6th

    Once again - we enter a week with much anticipation....

    Will we escape the .32-.37 range this week? ie. the level we've endured thanks to the MM's for the past couple??

    Will Michael Hartlieb finally cross a line and end up in the hoosgow (prison for you younger readers)?? Will we see anything else from the extremely odd founder of satrad - the tranny now known as Martine?

    Will there be more good news items coming regarding the Iphone App? Q1 Numbers?

    Speculation continues - with several of the same ideas recirculating that we've discussed for weeks. Auto numbers appeared better than expected... synergies should continue to help with the financial aspect......Upgrades are expected.... NiceMac appears to have been resurrected from death itself leading to guesses about a teamup with S-XM Radio....

    All eyes will be watching premarket in the morning - especially following the craziness in the SP at the close of friday's regular trading.....

    (Newman - feel free to fill in anything I've missed...)

  2. #2
    kingadrock666 is offline
    Member
    kingadrock666's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 30
    i forsee another long week in bagholder land.

    hopefully it will be a test the 40's kinda week instead of the holy crap i hope it doesn't break .30 kinda week.

    the MM's control is still strong. it's just a waiting game lately. we need news to get the volume we're gonna need to get over .40

    crappy under 30 million volume days aren't going to get us anywhere.

    long and strong!

  3. #3
    Newman is offline
    Mentor
    Newman's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Location: Dallas Texas Posts: 1,162
    Wow, impressive intro Rick! I may leave this bit to you from now on. =)

    To everyone else: I would like to introduce the SIRI Intraday OFFTOPIC Thread For anything not directly related to Sirius itself such as for general market discussions, other stock discussions, politics affecting the stock market, or just about anything else, please lead the conversation over that way.

    Please keep discussion in this thread limited to directly related Sirius news, stock price, and discussions. Thanks!

  4. #4
    LT LT LT is offline
    Junior Member
    LT LT LT's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 20
    I really see a market pull back here this week but I thought it would pull back Friday as well. Yet I don't think the pullback should really affect SIRI other than slowing the climb

  5. #5
    Brandon Matthews is offline
    Banned
    Brandon Matthews's Avatar
    Joined: Aug 2008 Location: Northeast Posts: 721
    Quote Originally Posted by kingadrock666 View Post
    i forsee another long week in bagholder land.

    hopefully it will be a test the 40's kinda week instead of the holy crap i hope it doesn't break .30 kinda week.

    the MM's control is still strong. it's just a waiting game lately. we need news to get the volume we're gonna need to get over .40

    crappy under 30 million volume days aren't going to get us anywhere.

    long and strong!
    My bag has gotten a whole lot heavier in recent months

  6. #6
    kingreecan is offline
    Junior Member
    kingreecan's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 26

    Definitely like the separate thread for 'off topic' commentation...

    It was beginning to feel like a Tyra Banks or Maury Povich show; got sickening and maddening at times this week sorting through crap while looking for quality comments on SXM.

    Now, on topic:

    Would it be beneficial for the company to report 1Q earlier than in past experience (ie: rather than taking the maximum amount of time allowed to report quarterly's (40 days I believe))? Would taking it into May to report be more detrimental as it may suggest they are trying to mitigate something negative in the report by putting it off till the very end?

    I'm quite sure the current pricing is due to the fact that the market wants to see the 1Q before it decides where we go next...

    Thoughts?

  7. #7
    Brandon Matthews is offline
    Banned
    Brandon Matthews's Avatar
    Joined: Aug 2008 Location: Northeast Posts: 721
    Quote Originally Posted by kingreecan View Post
    It was beginning to feel like a Tyra Banks or Maury Povich show; got sickening and maddening at times this week sorting through crap while looking for quality comments on SXM.

    Now, on topic:

    Would it be beneficial for the company to report 1Q earlier than in past experience (ie: rather than taking the maximum amount of time allowed to report quarterly's (40 days I believe))? Would taking it into May to report be more detrimental as it may suggest they are trying to mitigate something negative in the report by putting it off till the very end?

    I'm quite sure the current pricing is due to the fact that the market wants to see the 1Q before it decides where we go next...

    Thoughts?
    I think they will wait again. It will provide the time necessary to see results from the expected rise in oem sales which will allow for better guidance.

    Guidance will move the markets this quarter, not 1Q results.

    It may also provide time to get the apple app approved and launched as well as any potential future MLB deal.

    It also gives audiovox the opportunity to get product to market.

  8. #8
    edeyoung99 is offline
    Member
    edeyoung99's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 72
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper_Rick View Post
    Once again - we enter a week with much anticipation....

    Will we escape the .32-.37 range this week? ie. the level we've endured thanks to the MM's for the past couple??

    Will Michael Hartlieb finally cross a line and end up in the hoosgow (prison for you younger readers)?? Will we see anything else from the extremely odd founder of satrad - the tranny now known as Martine?

    Will there be more good news items coming regarding the Iphone App? Q1 Numbers?

    Speculation continues - with several of the same ideas recirculating that we've discussed for weeks. Auto numbers appeared better than expected... synergies should continue to help with the financial aspect......Upgrades are expected.... NiceMac appears to have been resurrected from death itself leading to guesses about a teamup with S-XM Radio....

    All eyes will be watching premarket in the morning - especially following the craziness in the SP at the close of friday's regular trading.....

    (Newman - feel free to fill in anything I've missed...)
    Great questions Rick!!!

  9. #9
    bth54 is offline
    Junior Member
    bth54's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Location: Northern New Jersey Posts: 15
    Time for a newbie question.
    Why doesn't Mr. Malone & Co. show any apparent interest in the actions by these MMs and what they are doing to the share price and therefore the Market Cap value fo this company

  10. #10
    Sirius_Stern_Fan is offline
    Junior Member
    Sirius_Stern_Fan's Avatar
    Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 23
    Not to oversimplify things, but if/when a company reaches a profitable position such as we all hope for Sirius. Can you gain an indication of what range the SP should be in based on revenue or net income and assets? I realize that this is a gross understatement of how it works, but is there a basic rule of thumb that can be used?

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •