Thread: Factors affecting a Reverse Split for SIRI

Factors affecting a Reverse Split for SIRI

Does anyone know what are the chances that SIRI will perform a RS in the very soon to near future? I know the SIRI board approved a 1:10 to 1:50 split at the end of 2008 (I may be wrong). Now that we are potentially seeing a push of the delisting rule to July 19th, will we potentially see a RS before this date? I would hope that the stock would get pushed well over $1 by then, but it is wishful thinking. If SIRI was to perform a RS would it happen out of the blue or would there be any type of forewarning to common stock holders or would they have to go through a warning from Nasdaq to get the ball rolling. Any guidance would be appreciated...
    Last edited by CharlestonXM; 04-05-2009 at 11:58 PM.

Thanks for all your help...

Banned
    Don't take it personally. It's been talked about ad infinitum and quite frankly, no one really cares anymore. If they do it, they do it.

Thanks Brandon, I could not understand why no one would answer. I thought it was a decent question.

Guru
    there are 2 diff idea's on this, some think it is inevitable because the float is too big, this seems to be the majority. I think siri will suprise and if they can get over a dollar without a r/s that they will avoid it at all costs. To me the real question is can siri get over a dollar before the nasdaq resumes sending delisting notices.

Mentor
    There is some chatter that the $1 min. share price rule could be permanently retired in favor of only the market cap requirement......

personally, i believe they will do the reverse split. there are simply too many shares and too much dilution with the Liberty deal to stay above $1 if indeed the rule is reinstated

8. Ad Fairy Senior Member